The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mists of Pandaria Talent (Controversial!)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-o...lculator#d

Look through these and tell me some of the things aren't controversial. It shows that players would be able to do these things...

Shift into the ethereal plane.
Some tentacles of shadow to battle alongside you.
Death grip people into the air and asphyxiate them.
Throw stars of Light.
Summon Shivarra, Terrorguards, Abyssals, Beholders, and Voidlords.
Summon two demons.
Turn into a Dwarven Avatar.
Teleport as a Druid.
And more.

It's pretty cool, but I'm wondering if these abilities are usable now, since they're shown possible.

[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
(11-23-2011, 08:14 PM)Aphetoros Wrote: Death grip people into the air and asphyxiate them.

Am I the only one thinking that this could make a terrific flight simulator for spaceship takeoffs?

Oh right, the skills. They look OP. We're already playing as heroes, and skills like that effectively makes us into lore characters.

... I don't know.

... I just know I would personally not be interested with roleplay at this level of power.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I think it's cool.

OP. But cool.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]

Sorry, but it would be hard for me to turn down Holy Avenger and Speed of Light.

(Hell, I'd be summoning Ancient Kings left and right if we were at Cataclysm, at least until a GM reprimanded me. I'm weak willed!)
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
(11-23-2011, 08:26 PM)Xigo Wrote: ...

... I don't know.

... I just know I would personally not be interested with roleplay at this level of power.

Exactly, which is why I mean to bring it up now. I think definitely something should be decided before we get people doing it without exactly asking and then saying, "Oh, well I was told if the game lets you do it then your character can."

Y'know? Some of the new stuff isn't bad. But really? Summoning Shivarra? Surely it's fine if one does something epic like that once in a blue moon, but these are abilities people would use in regular combat y'know?
I would say no to allowing them into RP.
I would agree, mostly. Then it would get really confusing to know what wasn't allowed and what was.
Wow.

Death Knights in Mist of Pandaria gets Arthas's WoTLK abilities. That's like. . .nice.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
No.... no. I'm guessing the bold applies for warlocks, which I love playing and would like to someday be able to have a truly powerful one...but not this.

Unless it's for a special profile and a LOT of special care... but if GMs themselves are unwilling for this, definitely not the rest of the playerbase. That's too much.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I heard the expansion will come with a level cap of 90, so this may just represent some powers that come with that, if that's even the case.
In all fairness, Warlocks can already summon Infernals and Doomguards now, no? As part of OOC mechanics.

And I believe I brought up this point a few times already, but at which point do we say that OOC mechanics come first or IC characteristics? For example, can Draenei Death Knights still cast Gift of the Naaru? Even if they are Neutral/Evil Draenei? So why can't Warlocks summon Infernals or Doom Guards, since they have that spell? Why can Draenei casts Gift of the Naaru with impunity IC-ly if Warlocks cannot cast their OOC spells with impunity IC-ly? At which point do we stop and say, "That's fine." or, "That's not fine."?

OOC mechanics VS IC capabilities. Are -all- Humans diplomatic and spirited? Can Dwarves actually turn into stone in Stoneform? Can an Evil Draenei Death Knight still channel the Light to heal people? Are -all- Forsaken so strong-willed that they can, once per two minutes, break out of any mind-affecting abilities?

Is Jack the human diplomatic because he is Jack or because he is a human?
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
I always figured we used abilities as they would make sense in accordance to our character.
As in: Lord Grimdar the Grimdark is some psycho demonologist Warlock. He'd probably be able to summon all kinds of demons from the Twisting Nether. However, he probably can't hurl a fire bolt or curse worth a damn.
Meanwhile, Lord Fluffykins the Sweet is some Holier-than-thou Holy Paladin. He'd probably be amazing at healing all kinds of injuries. However, he probably cannot weaponize the Light in any great fashion.
And then you have Jack. He can pretty much do things fairly well in his class spectrum, but isn't specialized to the point where he has access to the best stuff his class has to offer (IE he sucks).

tl;dr I dunno. Use logic when applying these spells?

Plus, looking at the list...

Shift into the ethereal plane. - It's a planar shift. Not exactly the most complicated spell to cast when we can already teleport between words.
Some tentacles of shadow to battle alongside you. - S priests can also summon shadowfiends. This isn't much of a step up.
Death grip people into the air and asphyxiate them. - DK's become Lord Vader. Besides, it's essentially combining Deathgrip and Strangulate.
Throw stars of Light. - I can already toss hammers of Light. Not much of a step up.
Summon Shivarra, Terrorguards, Abyssals, Beholders, and Voidlords. - All demons.The Abyssal is essentially a souped up infernal. Voidlord is a souped up voidwalker and Terrorguard is essentially an alt version of doomguard. All of those you can already summon. You just get better!
Summon two demons. - Makes sense enough if you're strong enough. A likely logical step for Demo locks.
Turn into a Dwarven Avatar. - Standard MK ability. Probably for warriors! It's more just tapping into your inner strength and hulking the hell out. Not too much of a stretch, to be honest. (Plus, this was a prestige ability. Now it won't be!)
Teleport as a Druid. - Teleport Moonglade! Plus, I guess they'd be able to via the roots? (Who knows. This just seems out there, more than anything else)
Druid teleport is weird because it poofs you randomly and turns you into a cat.

It's just some of the things are slightly scary to think of...

I just mean it could be abused easily. I reconsider my point-- be wary of these things, but don't limit them now unless they become a problem?

I mean, I was personally excited about a lot of this (especially my spriest is an Old God Cultist, so tentacles fits him.) I was just worried if it would be too terrifying.

Is it doable now though, or no?
Oh, that's what the drood teleport does? It's basically like a kitty shadow step.

Plus, any ability can be abused easily (Well, a good bit) when you get down to it.

These are just new.