The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Back Screen
While i was in RP last night, my laptop began to freeze up badly with the mouse becoming very unresponsive. I disregarded it as a minor error and unplugged it. It booted back up finely and I continued RPing until I eventually logged off and shut it down.

Today, when I tried to boot it up, it will not show any sort of graphic on the screen at all, yet the power indicators are still lit and the fan is still running.

I'd appreciate it if someone might be ble to help me with this, but it appears the cheapest, and most basic, solution might be just to get a new computer altogether. In the meantime, I might see to stealing my brother's computer.:(
Your lappity tappity box may have overheated, causing the video card to burn and become damage, or something else may have gone wrong.
But yeah, you may have to get a new laptop.
It could be something else. Have you checked the cable connecting the screen to the motherboard for a loose connection or broken wire? The solution could be something as simple as replacing a broken wire or reseating one. It could also be a bad inverter; that would prevent the backlight from receiving power. Or it could also be the backlight, which would require replacing the LCD.

Also, do a quick test. Do you have an external monitor that you can hook up to the laptop? If it works, then the culprit is probably wiring. If not, then you're in for a fun time.

Editty Edit: The fact that mouse use was impacted leaves me to think that it's not any of the aforementioned issues, but I can cross my fingers that it's as simple as a wiring issue!
Yep, sounds like how mine died. Overheating. Graphics card, CPU even. Something important in there decided to kick the bucket.

Repairs can cost as much as a new system.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
From what I've read elsewhere, it appears that what I'm dealing with might be an internal piece, most likely the VGA card, that overheated. Coupled with your responses, i think im leaning towards that as well. Thank you all for the responses. Hopefully i'll figure something out soon.:)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Blue Screen. Kage 0 658 05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Can't log back on Roxas65 34 5,406 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Avoiding the "Downloading Update" screen Sol 4 1,192 08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Last Post: MoonlightBlossom
  Character Screen Issue Heroforgotten 5 1,023 05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Mokoz
  Never ending load screen. Mokoz 3 840 04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Kretol