The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Memories of the Fallen: Undying Love [Constructive Feedback Welcome!]
Author's Note: Well, this is my first attempt at a story! Enjoy! Or, well... Not a very enjoyable subject... But... Eh. I hope you think the writing is good. I haven't really written any serious stories yet, so I figure I could use some feedback.

Warning: Contains depressive thoughts, as well as references to child mortality.

Spoiler:

Do you remember me, my child?

The voice came out soft, yet it echoed throughout the silent graveyard. The Death Knight knelt down before the grave, staring at the cold earth. She traced a hand over the grave, knowing all too well whose it was. There were no tears. No trembling. No emotion. Only an emptiness. Her eyes flickered to her sides, unsure whether the beasts of the marsh were truly at rest or merely lurking in the shadows, beyond the reach of her Runic gaze. It didn't matter. She had encountered the beasts of this land on her way to the lonely graveyard, but why would they attack her here, of all places, when she was so close to Telredor? No. She was alone. Alone with her past. Alone with the corpses of her family. Her eyes flickered to the side again, but this time to another grave.

What about you, Thiranis? Do you remember me?

She would've closed her eyes to hold back the tears in life, but no longer. She merely maintained a starry-eyed stare on the grave of her long lost love. The man she had spent her last living years with. The man who had been her daughter's father. The man who had fallen in Shattrath. The man who saved her from the Orcish invaders. The man she had loved. Yet no tears escaped her. She did not feel the sorrow anymore. Her miserable existance did not allow it. At this point, the pain made no difference. Her gaze was fixed on the grave, until she realized it wouldn't reply. She looked back to the grave of her daughter.

Has it been too long?

She hadn't visited her family's graves before now. She hadn't dared. She had feared this moment in life. She hadn't known if she could bear it back then. And by the time she felt ready, she had been taken away from her family. For over thirty years, she had not visited their graves. And now she was too late. She clenched her hands into fists, staring down at the graves. A deep longing built up in her. She remembered them. She remembered Thiranis' smile. She remembered the sensation of her daughter's movements within her womb. But they were gone. Lost. She would never see her family again. While they were laid to rest beneath the ground, she remained behind. Cursed to live a miserable excuse of a life. An unlife.

Do you even know I am here?

She couldn't hold back the question. She needed to know. Did they know? Could it be possible they knew? Somehow? The doubt washed over her mind. Why did she have to remain behind? Why couldn't she be with her family? Why was she forced to exist, while they could rest and escape the pains of it? Why couldn't she rest beneath the cold earth? She was tired of this unlife. Tired of the pain and misery and coldness. Tired of facing hatred and indifference wherever she went. Tired of having to spare her others the discomfort of being near her. Tired of the endless Hunger gnawing within her. She fell on the ground, unable to maintain her kneeling position anymore. She remained silent, sprawled on the ground like a corpse, before muttering into the earth.

Do you remember your mother's name, my child?

She smiled wryly, although there was no relief or happiness in the smile. She remembered them, at least. They weren't gone. They would live on. They would always be with her, in her memory and within her heart. She would carry them with her, until she was released from this existance. Until she could one day find peace. Until she could find rest. Until she could return to them. She was with them now. She was lying on the cold ground, merely a few meters away from them. She stared at her daughter's grave, stroking a hand over it, before closing her eyes and whispering her name.

Maleeka.

[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Search (Feedback welcome on my Feedback thread!) Bingles 3 1,029 12-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  From Lirshar with Love ChampionMouse 3 1,369 06-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ChampionMouse
  Lament to a Mother's Love Nephuria 0 724 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Nephuria
  Her Love Is An Ocean [One-Shot] Jonoth 0 925 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Memories Krilari 4 1,164 02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Krilari