The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lament to a Mother's Love
Mother! Where was she, where?! The foundation rocks of the wall groaned in retaliation to the sheer force of power exerted upon them from outside. Celien spun, her ears suddenly ringing as everything lit up; she looked around as she came to and all she could see was white light. MOTHER!

The woman screamed, she could not hear herself. Everything seemed to be moving through thick water, slow and unnatural. She put a hand to her head, and as she pulled it away she noticed it was covered in a warm red liquid. The warm blood began cooling rapidly on her hand, congealing like jello.

Her blood....what in the name of all that was Good was happening? They fought alone, no one came to aid them. Lordaeron had fallen, the humans withdrew to there stronghold of Stormwind. They were alone, facing the greatest threat they had yet known and they died like flies before a flame. The evil Prince assaulted the walls, the Scourge would be upon them soon.

Where was her mother...There! She knew that robe! Running toward her she knew something wasn't right. The legs...they laid at the wrong angle as the upper torso of her mom was spun completely backward. The left side of her head was burnt beyond recognition. Celien felt her heart break, but it was an after thought, a burnt pain that threatened to overwhelm her.

She looked up, as the wall exploded inward. She Blinked, and was suddenly a block over, watching the corpse of her mother being buried beneath the ruined wall. Creatures black as night exploded into the gape that would become later known as the Dead Scar.

Aloria sat up in bed, tears unwanted washed her face to a pale white in the moon lit room. She had slept alone tonight, her Sister's slept in the Compound of the Estate, but she felt as if she sat alone, far from any who would see her pain and understand.

Tossing the sheets of her over-sized bed back, she crawled to the edge of the bed from the nest she'd created in her pillows. Her night gown was white, nearly transparent. Her silhouette formed in shadows beneath the sheer fabric of silken thread.

She sat there, on the edge of her bed, feeling the jagged rocks that formed the cliff on the edges of sanity. Her wails went into the night air, cold and still as it was, it seemed to eat her voice, drink it in as it wished for the natural sounds of night. Somewhere a stray wind found the hallway to her room, it blew through, sending a chill down her back.

She stood as she slid from the side of the bed, going to the window that once had been her mother's. Aloria looked over everything her mother had built, the lifetimes that had gone into carving a life into the lands. She was no longer a Magistrix, she was fallen and a Lady by title only. Had had her once noble lineage, her uncompromisingly good mother; all of it tarnished now by what her daughter had become.

Rupkul laughed menacingly as she turned, feeling the imps prescience though he stayed out of the light, his eyes burned with fel fire she didn't want to see. Dark lightning, black as night surrounded by a white light that seemed to pull the few remaining candles light from their flames arched from her fingertips, the imp howled suddenly as he was sent back to whence he had come in a painful reminder that she held the leash.

Her tears had not stopped, though her face seemed hard and resigned. She looked out over the Estate, to where her mother's body lay buried beneath a tree, candles alight in her memory sitting atop her tomb of elaborate design.

Celien, sing for mommy. She could hear the familiar voice, the loving tones as sleep found them both in Eversong, long before the traitor human Prince.

Closing her eyes she could almost remember how it felt, the love in the house, the servants walking proudly without fear for they knew they served a noble woman, a woman worth her words and weight in gold. Aloria would never be that, never again. The servants were all gone now, only those of dark natures remained. She could see the shadow eclipsing the estate, the shadow she lead.

Eyes still closed, she began to sing, softly at first, then gaining strength.

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good ol' way
And who shall wear the starry crown?
Light show me the way!

O sisters let's go down
Let's go down, come on down
O sisters let's go down
Down in the river to pray

And who shall wear the robe & crown?
Light show me the way

O brothers let's go down
Come on brothers, let's go down

Light show me the way

O fathers let's go down
O fathers let's go down

And who shall wear the robe and crown?
GLight show me the way

O mothers let's go down
Come on down, don't you wanna go down?
Come on mothers, let's go down

Studding about that good ol' way
Light show me the way

O sinners, let's go down
O sinners, let's go down

And who shall wear the robe and crown?
Light show me the way

As she finished she looked up, onto the heavens. The spells that laid upon the grounds as grass on a field held her voice within there safety but within the walls, her voice could be heard by a few, as they looked toward the tallest tower. A woman in white stands, red hair like a flame in the night, body covered in white.

An orc looks over at another Death Knight, shaking his head. It was a woman, and from here, it looked like the ghost of Lady Silverstar, Aloria's mother. What would tomorrow bring, when ghosts walked the grounds by night?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day ImagenAshyun 9 1,837 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  From Lirshar with Love ChampionMouse 3 1,369 06-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ChampionMouse
  Raven's Lament SachikoMaeda 5 1,413 03-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Her Love Is An Ocean [One-Shot] Jonoth 0 925 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Memories of the Fallen: Undying Love [Constructive Feedback Welcome!] Rowgen 0 665 01-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Rowgen