The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Seeking Approval! Gwakamoler
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I’ve really got no idea what I’m meant to say here. I guess something I could say that is bound to work in my favour is that I’m a brony. Generally, I love and tolerate the **** out of everything as a result. If you have no idea, I really do not think you’re worth knowing. *Haughty sniff.* (Jokes. I do make a lot of satirical, sarcastic jokes and YES I’ve gotten in trouble for them before because sarcasm does NOT work well on the internet </3)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
South Africa, though I currently live in Australia. My English is perfectly fine. As much as you and the other GMs apparently crave detail, there really is not much else to say!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Elder sibling.. Again, despite your lust for details, nothing else to say!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Google the first time, Yahoo-answers the second time, and some Earthshaker Hold blog… thing I found thanks to google. I eventually got sick of having to reject you just because of 3.3.5a so I am now in the process of completely reinstalling WoW. Hooray.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy most roleplay, though I’m a huge softie at heart,(Kind of a “duh” moment there, I’m a brony after all!) so romance is always wonderful. I will admit that while I enjoy action-type roleplaying, I’ve yet to do any against someone who doesn’t have a spammable, ridiculously OP ability, or who wasn’t already severely injured / 5v1 etc etc. Damn you Silvermoon.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh dear. My instant reaction is Undead Spriest, or undead anything, but that’s become a recent obsession of mine. I’ve always enjoyed trolls, despite being terrible at them... Elves, humans, gnomes, and Draenei are my best races, for the most part. When I play Draenei I frustrate everyone around me though, since my Draenei tends to consider her words for a few minutes per sentence, and is utterly convinced that a single mis-uttering could dramatically alter the course of the rest of her (Speculated. No confirmed age-cap for Draenei) 25k years of life.
I do enjoy Mages a great deal, but Shaman, Druids, and Priests all agree with me. I am rarely, if ever, a good Paladin , though Warriors and Rogues are alright with me sometimes, likewise with hunters.. Overall I’m a caster person, though.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A fun RP community. I just logged off a server for the last time where everyone had GM abilities and such (That wasn’t the issue though.), but I left because everyone disappeared into their own phases of different parts of the world to build custom RP areas, then threw a tantrum if you entered their phase either without permission (Even if you were OOC, scouting for RP to possibly join.) or didn’t follow an exact (Yet unprovided) script, and usually kicked you from the phase soon after. I’m hoping this server isn’t like that, because it caused a lot of elitism, arrogance, and discouraged any public RP of any description, and if you wanted any mass RP, you had to spam the global channels with advertisements.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact you have rules at all, especially relating to RP. No more bastard, magical Arthas x Illidan children with the magical powers of Jaina and Medivh combined, despite being 16 and pregnant, while still being amazingly attractive. The characters from other worlds/dimensions thing seems a bit iffy, considering Draenei, and Outland, but I assume they aren’t counted as foreign in that regard. Another thing that worries me slightly about the rules is the strict rules of no sexism/racism jokes. Does this apply to things like “Get in the kitchen, woman, I need a sammich” and other such internet memes? Obviously n.word and the like are off-limits in public, but along with the “b***h please” meme, there is somewhat of a meme (Or rather trend) of people using “n***a” as opposed to “n***er” when joking about that sort of thing. I tend to joke a lot, using memes as a go-to source of entertainment if I don’t have anything to say on the subject immediately, and often using them as a prime source of humour, so those rules worry me somewhat, but I can adapt if the rules are as strict as I anticipate.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh lord. Right.. I do have a WoW story, and I do have a MLP:FiM story (Only a first chapter, though.) so I’ll post both, I think.

WOW:
The High Priestess, Tyrande Whisperwind, sighed softly, before looking at the messenger, freshly arrived from Stormwind, courtesy of the Highborne in her service maintaining such a portal. She cursed quietly in Darnassian, and addressed the messenger while seated. “I’m busy.”. With that dismissal, she looked off into the distance again, slowly drifting into that glorious, peaceful meditative state that her over-wrought mind and soul so deeply required.
“This message cannot wait, Priestess.” The messenger said, clearing her throat loudly. Self-important little wretch, Tyrande thought cruelly, before rising into the air, and turning to face the messenger. “ You will refer to me as High Priestess, or not at all, messenger.” Tyrande said in a cold, distant tone of voice.
The human bowed low, her hair brushing the mossy stone below her, then stood, addressing the elf once more.”My apologies, High Priestess.. The King urgently requests your immediate presence, to discuss matters of war.” The human smirked, knowing full well, as did Tyrande, that Variann Wrynn requested nothing, he either took or demanded. Unfolding her long legs, Tyrande allowed herself to simply float, her sinewy muscles unknotting as the pressures of gravity and control were mostly released. She shook her head, and looked at her closest guard; a youngster named Allelya, and whispered quietly in Darnassian “I must leave now, for diplomatic purposes. I hope to return within the next day. If I do not, please make sure all the usual arrangements are put into place.”. The guard nodded, smiling pleasantly. “Yes, High Priestess”, before bowing low.

Tyrande looked at the human, and asked, with a forced cheerfulness, “Will I need any supplies or personnel in Stormwind?”. The human immediately shook her head, and then gestured towards the portal. Tyrande shook her head but floated forward, disappearing through the portal.
Tyrande barely acknowledged the effects of portals, nor teleportation, anymore, having grown used to it long ago. She looked at the human, who appeared less weathered than she, and smiled knowingly. The girl steadied herself, then bowed low, and left Tyrande in the room. After a brief glance, Tyrande knew this to be a private room, located within yards of the throne, yet not even the King’s most trusted guards were aware of this room. She’d only learnt of its existence after the initial devastation of the Cataclysm. The King watched her from the table in the darkened corner of the room, before standing and greeting her somewhat informally, something Tyrande would never cease to be irritated by. “Hail, Tyrande. How go the affairs of Kalimdor?”
Tyrande shook her head, replying somewhat bitterly. “Badly, as you well know Variann. The orcs still attack Ashenvale like a plague. The Thousand Needles and the neighboring Feralas border are still being attacked by the Horde, and Tanaris is still the playground for blood sports.” The King nodded, looking sympathetic, then sat, gesturing Tyrande closer. “Tyrande, there is a matter of war I wish to discuss with you, but also a matter of home. I worry for my son, especially now that Benedictus has been revealed as a traitor. With Velen away, leading his people in their efforts to heal the land, as well as aid the Kalimdor outposts... “Tyrande nodded firmly here, glad of the healing expertise the Draenei could offer, as well as the magical prowess. “ … I just need to know there is someone who follows the same path as he that is worthy of being a role model.” Tyrande coughed to cover up a laugh, then explained kindly, in a gentle tone. “Variann, in regards to your son… While Andiun might be an impressive Priest, me and my Priestess do not draw upon the same powers of your son. While I am certain Elune might accept a human, even a male at that, I’m unsure as to whether you wish for your son to follow Elune. I daresay he shan’t be long-lived enough to truly achieve a connection with Her.” Variann nodded, and then said in a slightly pleading tone “I’m aware of the differences in power, Tyrande, but... you are the greatest living Priestess on Azeroth, possibly in the world. Would you at least agree to spend some time with the boy?” Tyrande’s temper flared, and she dug her nails into her palm to stop herself doing anything she might regret. That egotistical, self-righteous, selfish bastard! I’ve barely time to spend keeping myself sane, between keeping my people alive, struggling to keep an entire continent safe, as well as balancing delicate political affairs with the likes of him! And so on, went the silent tirade in Tyrande’s head. All this occurred within the space of a few seconds, and she whispered to herself soothingly in Darnassian, the deep cuts on her palms healing quickly. “Varian… “ At this, the young human scowled. I am a King, and I am soon to be the King of the Alliance! How dare she call me “Varian”! To refuse my son the aid he so desperately needs, and disrespect me.. If those blasted elves weren’t so powerful, they’d be out on their bloody own. He thought mutinously to himself, as Tyrande continued: “… I’ve barely time to manage my own affairs and problems, without having to add the welfare of your son, specifically, to my list of duties. I’m sure the boy is fine, and any inner turmoil will soon be soothed by the Light. I shall pray to Elune for him, and continue to strive to be a great leader and Priestess, but that is all I can do, I’m afraid.
The King scowled, and removed some maps from a leather satchel on the table. “Right then…onto the matters of war.”

MLP:FiM :
Introduction.

It was hot. Ridiculously hot.
Usually, heat didn’t bother Big Mac. His shoulders would chafe under his yoke, due to the sweat sticking it to his fur, but the actual heat had never bothered Big Mac like it did today. Today was one of the highest temperatures to ever occur in his lifetime, according to Rainbow Dash. Rather, Rainbow Dash translated that, somehow, from close on ten minutes of science-type blabber from Twilight Sparkle.

He groaned, shaking his head, and watched several drops of sweat drip from the tip of his nose. ‘s jis too buckin’ hot today. The stallion thought to himself, before resuming the ploughing. After a few moments of sweaty effort, he stopped, absorbed in thought.

Ditzy Doo sighed quietly, running a hoof along the swirly patterns of the cloud below her. She was lying on a cloud a hundred or so metres above Sweet Apple Acres, watching her coltfriend… coltfriend! Eeee, I have a coltfriend! It’s so exciting!.. Big Mac pulling the plough. They’d been dating for a few months, and Ditzy was the envy of every mare in town. Aaah. It’s so nice, they want to be me, but they can’t because I’m me, and me is dating Big Macintosh!
She’d been watching Big Mac from this cloud whenever she finished her mail routes early, but Dinky was still in school. Dinky... mmm, I can’t wait for when she gets out of school. Then I get to spend time with her, and we can eat some muffins with milk, and things will be good. Oooh, oooooh, Big Mac is moving! She thought excitedly, before taking off and fluttering along to the next cloud, and the next, keeping an eye on Big Mac while her other trailed off, despite her best attempts to focus, all the way to Ponyville proper.

Big Mac shrugged off his yoke, and shook his head, showering the nearby soil with sweat. Buck it. It’s too dang hot fer me to be workin’. I dun’ care if AJ has a probl’m wi’ it, ‘m gonner go spend some time with Doozy. Sighing contentedly, he began a slow, peaceful trot to Ponyville proper, his mind filled with thoughts of Ditzy Doo, and what sort of present he could get for Dinky. It would be her fifth birthday in a few weeks!

Rainbow Dash whimpered, watching Big Mac trot to Ponyville, so distracted by his flank that she didn’t notice his marefriend, Ditzy Doo, zipping clumsily between the clouds as she followed his progress. It’s so unfair. Why would Mac choose Derpy, of all mares? It.. it.. it was Derpy! If he ‘s going to date anypony, it should be me! I’m awesome, and Derpy is… well, Derpy! Rainbow Dash knew her chances with Mac were limited, that God of a pony could hold a grudge for a long time, and she didn’t want to waste a single one. For once, being awesome isn’t going to get me what I want. I’m gonna have to play this smart… I should ask Twilight, or Fluttershy! They wouldn’t tell anypony, and they’re bound to be able to help me. They gotta know how!
With a frustrated snort, Rainbow Dash took off, and flew high above Ponyville, focused entirely on her tricks and velocity. Anything to not think about how buckin’ unfair the situation was. UGH.

To any brony GMs, if you see this story on FiMFic, it’s probably me. Hiiiiiii! ;)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Ehm.. Not particularly. I think I’ve gone off on enough of a tangent above.. Almost 2400 words! Phew.

Thanks!
Hello Gwakamoler! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

... Fantastic introduction, I have to say. Thank you so much for sharing your stories and putting so much energy into the introduction! It really shows and pays off. :)

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leonian's approval Leonian 1 483 10-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  My attempt at getting the seal of approval applegert 1 479 06-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Emily's Approval Emily 1 494 08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Mezrin