The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tier Armor in RP+ Power of Dice
Tier Armor: I wanted for my character to have a couple tier 1 Earthfury items, for appearance. This is allowed right? I know that Tauren usually wear light cloth but my character is very plain and I imagined him differently.

Power of Dice: I am wonder if the GM in an RP will recognize your characters power and make you roll accordingly? Because if I'm fighting some very powerful wizard and i roll perfect the whole battle isn't it just luck? I would definitely bump up my emoted to make them epic enough for the battle.
May my ancestors watch over me.

Pangoa Stonehoof
Viggs Frizzlebolt
Theocratus Dominus
To the first question: The armor is fine. :P People wear a bunch of krayzi stuffs, a few pieces of Earthfury shouldn't be too bad. Just try not to go overboard, yeh? :D

And to the second: GMs have no power over rolls and such. It's up to the players to decide how a fight will go. Some prefer rolling, some prefer trust, some will ONLY do one or the other. It's really up to what people wanna do. To go by your example, yes, there are times where some uber epic guy will lose to a weakling due to bad rolls(It's happened to me 467648284652454 times). If you trust someone enough, then do a trust fight, maybe work out the victor but talk about some things that can happen during the fight, or just say go with it and, as the name of it states, trust the other person to be fair, as they're trusting you to do the same.

Probably rambled there a bit. Sorry. >.>;;
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
When you get in a fight as a DK vs an apprentice mage you should tell your opponent before hand that you want to trust it. and don't just say 'let's trust fight', make sure to make it obvious that you believe your character would win in the end... too many times do trust fights begin with both players attempting to wring a victory, which can be fine in some situations, but not the one you presented.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
I'd be careful about what tiers of armor you wear, however. Some of that stuff is just... Over zealous, and totally impractical.

But, I try to keep my OOC comments to myself when I see such gear. ^_^

I can't say anything about IC comments.
I did not know that fights could be solved without rolling. Thank you. I hope that players respect trust, it seems like everyone here would. I also hope that players wont destroy me because they are more powerful. ;)

Pangoa Stonehoof
Viggs Frizzlebolt
Theocratus Dominus
You always want to be careful with a trust fight. You never know who will disrespect the trust and loldodge everything or be so very OP. I've yet to have a bad experience in a trust, so far so good since a great amount of people here are respectable.

And when it comes down to armor, I always like to look at a set and think "would my character wear this? How would they get this armor? Do I want to make a small adventure out of getting this armor?" The sky tends to be the limit. Just don't go overboard with it!

Posted from my iPhone!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Also, consider where you are when wearing fancy stuff. You'll look quite silly wearing, say, Absolution while sitting around the Salty Sailor.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
For roll fights, remember that how you emote can change the respectability of a fight. If your super badass shaman gets beat in a fight by rolls, you don't have to emote it as a humiliating defeat. You can have him forfeit, have him throw the fight, you get the idea.

Trust fights work too, the people here generally aren't assholes about it. Sometimes you'll even find them more than accommodating if you get some street cred through RPs (I once had someone trust fight a loss willingly against my troll berserker without my even asking because he admired how strong he was IC. I was flattered to say the least).

Also, using smaller rolls tend to make for a tighter fight. I typically use /roll 50 over just /roll.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Remember that if you're in a trust fight and your opponent (or you, for that matter) consistently dodge and hit the other with perfect accuracy every time, this can be reported to the GMs, as abuse of trust in a trust fight can be considered powergaming or godmoding--which is strictly against the rules.

Also, GMs won't make you roll a certain way--if you want a roll fight, both parties, regardless of server rank, must mutually agree to the terms of the fight. For the record, I have NEVER won a roll fight, as I either suffered a loss from a tight battle, or an extremely humiliating defeat... and I'm a GM.

The only time we set a /roll rule is for an event with multiple players participating. That is a case-by-case basis, and the roll rules are set for the sake of fun and organization. It will never fall on the GM's (or just any DM's) favor unless there is a valid reason behind it (usually for a story, like the villain gets away to be caught another day).
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(02-25-2012, 09:13 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: ...like the villain gets away to be caught another day.
Proof that the computer cheats.

In my experience I use a roll system when the combatants are evenly matched. Otherwise it's trust and I usually find myself testing myself against a stronger opponent who will win anyway. That being said, you could handicap yourself such as not taking every attack opportunity in a roll fight. Once I tested my troll's ability to withstand blows from a guild-mate just for the sake of knowing what she could take.

Duels can be creative, not just hack and slash.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Tell me about it. I so wished and still wish of a slash-parry dance, with random throwing and loldodging, like seen in the Pirates of the Carribean movies.
Thank you for all your responses. I know now i will be better prepared for a battle situation.

Pangoa Stonehoof
Viggs Frizzlebolt
Theocratus Dominus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DICEx a dice rolling addon DuskWolf 5 1,953 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DuskWolf
  Tier 14 -- Running out of ideas? Aphetoros 31 4,257 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  The Tier System: (A prestige system idea, work in progress) Brutalskars 199 24,273 08-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  DKs can no longer summon their armor Xigo 100 15,234 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  The Power of Imagination FlyingSquirrel 4 1,208 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Caravan