The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Bronze-Bound Journal.
Much as I have recorded history for hundreds of years, I believe it is time I have begun to record my own history, lest the name of Dawnsend be forgotten in the sands of time much like the plight of the streetside beggar had been lost to nobles.

This day marks a new dawn for my servitude to the Bronze Dragonflight. After nearly six hundred years of secrecy, I have finally come to reveal my profession to another mortal mind. Of course none other would be the love of my life... yet one can expect how well she managed to take it, being a victim of a drake’s attack and all that.

Actually, I think after the initial panic she managed to accept the fact albeit easily with the use of this Hourglass Minormi granted me... though reliving those memories aren’t exactly the most pleasant in the world.

I think I can still feel that drakanoid’s claws in my chest.. Pah, curse the Infinities, and curse their blasted corruption. It’s been nearly six hundred years and I still can’t shake the pain...

My writing is a bit scattered, perhaps it’s best that I start from the top.

I am Krilari Dawnsend,
Commander of the Argent Crusade
Sworn under the Bronze Dragonflight
Husband to Reigen Dawnsend
Father to Relandra Dawnsned
Brother to Castella Dawnsend
And Son to Sara and Remithan Dawnsend.

There have been many years to my life, and there are still many more to come. Currently, however, I date at Six-hundred and Twenty-eight years of age, nearly six-hundred of them have been sworn under the Bronze Dragon Minormi. And such is where my tale shall begin.

The early years of my life were nothing of interest, honestly. I learned math and reading, writing and history all the same in the academies of Silvermoon while tending to my father’s forge in the afternoons. By about twenty years, I had already absorbed enough of my father’s teachings about the art of smithing that I could replicate his pride and joy with absolute precision.

There is...

To much, honestly...

If I were to record every little twitch of my life, I could go on for volumes and volumes upon the topic of my first hundred years alone.

For now, I need some rest. Reigen now knows my secret, and the emotional burden is hard enough to bear.

I need to collapse.
I think I can help her. I think I really can.

Endling, a woman who has suffered so much, and thus knows so little of her roots... I think I can help.

The problem is... can I trust her?

I mean, she is a good friend and all, but... I should not tell too many of my works. Few know the boundaries between being a Dragonsworn and some insane dragon cultist.

Still... she is arguably one of the most loyal friends I have. (except for Reigen, obviously, but that’s a given.) Frankly with all the pains she has been through, all of this... confusion, she deserves to know who she really is, where she truly came from.

On that route, perhaps it’s best I tell Clovis as well. If Endling is to know, then it’s best I not forge any secrets between the budding couple. As well, Clovis is a trustworthy friend, and perhaps in the coming times he will be a valuable ally to Minormi’s efforts.

Heh... A Forsaken Priestess and a Human paladin. Just about the weirdest coupling for me to ever record for history. It even beats when that Silvermoon official publicly came out of the closet.

Boy, that made headline news...

Even still, I can’t help but to be happy for them. They’re two people just as Reigen and I, and they have feelings, just like Reign or I. Who am I to judge affection?

I really shouldn’t of gotten a journal. I’m always so... scatterbrained when it comes to writing down my personal thoughts.

On an off note, I’ll need to get a lock for this thing. Don’t want every Dick and Jane to read of my personal life. Maybe I can get Reigen to enchant it with a spoken password.

Ah... Reigen.

She seems to be handling things a lot better after last night. I managed to give her the hourglass and have her use it, thus dismissing the chance that I was making up history.

History... history...

This reminds me, I need to send in the last year’s compendium soon. Don’t want to get a back up on my work afterall.

Going to have a fun time describing our efforts in Hearthglen.
“Ronae”

What an enchanting word. What is known to mean ‘Peaceful’ to me is no more than a mystery to many others... Or at least, so I thought.

It seems like everyone is learning Thalassian nowadays, doesn’t it?

I mean, humans speaking Thalassian, Dwarves speaking Thalassian, Light, there’s Draenei that speak Thalassian now!

Min only knows how long it’ll be before Thalassian becomes the new Azerothian Common.

It’s ironic, when you think about it...

People swear up and down upon their holy books that they hate elves and every essence of their culture, yet even still the take up our very language in order to better accommodate with our people.

It makes no sense to me!

Do people hate us or not? Do they hate us or not?

Light, I would at least wish the blatant racism would end. I’m a Commander, yet people still seem to chock me up to being nothing more than the self-centered snobs in Silvermoon’s council.

Hell, could they at least spell my -name- right?

Karl... feh.

Oh well, At least last night I had the chance to unwrap a nice little “Gift”. What’s left to wonder as to who enjoyed it more, Reigen or I.

<For a brief moment in the journal, Krilari seems to have written a fairly descriptive paragraph, but it had hence been scratched out to a point beyond legibility.>

This journal is to record the life of my family, not my lewd actions...

...As fun as they were.

Speaking of family, Merry has finally made her way back into town Hearthglen after her training with the Dalaran mages...

...Lets hope she’s not pissed that we could have probably offered the same right here in the safety of the City.

For now, it’s off to work for me once more... Lovely.
Been gone for a few days it seems...

Eh, what’s a few days in the grand scheme of the years of our lives?

It seems to be the usual unusual drill here in the city. Monday comes around, the council has a meeting, and suddenly you wake up the next day and half of the city changes.

At night new figures seem to stalk the streets, at days I seem to be tripping over new sets of stone and wood benches that were recently implemented, and as I trip I fall into the new bonfire that was set up for some Light-forsaken reason.

At least it makes for an interesting gathering point...

Speaking of which, Clovis finally came about to run his own mission out to gain a few vials of plague from a nearby cave, a substance that seems to empower the scourge even more so than they normally are. The mission in itself went on with few snags (Reigen wanted to go, which would not happen under my good conscious.) but upon our regrouping is when things were interesting....

He called out the forsaken that were traveling with us and asked them for all of their vials, plague or otherwise.

A bad move, really bad move. There’s ways to go about inspecting people, calling them out is not the best way of doing such.

I’m sure I’m going to receive yet -another- complaint from their commanding officer soon enough.

Pah.

Castella, Relandra, Merry...

I swim in a sea of estrogen, don’t I?

My sister and both of my daughters are back in town, and I do hope to get a chance to talk with all three of them. I believe it’s just about time Castella knew what her brother has been up to for all of these years, while Relly and Merry both deserve to understand the entirety of their father’s works and musings.

Who knows, Merry might take to read some of my compendiums, Light knows she spends the majority of her days buried in a tome. That or practically hanging off of Camillia’s arm.

I might need to talk to Merry while I’m at it. Relandra is too young, far too young, but Merry is old enough to be her own woman, and find her own appropriate mate. I might need to see if she needs any help or simply to talk it over.

As per usual I seem to be the man of the hour at every waking hour when I’m not in the office.

Recruits, reports, pissed-off Forsaken, complaints and extra missions seem to be stealing my attention near constantly.

Such is my life, it seems.
Life...

The blasted cultists were hanged recently, drained of their life.

While normally I would be one to protest such an act... These cultists wish nothing but to end our lives. They threaten my home, my love, my family... they threaten the entire city, and all attempts of dissuading them have been for naught.

It was the final option... we had no other choice. We executed not for religion, not for belief, not for anything us but for the fact that if we do not kill them, THEY WILL KILL US.

What worries me is that there are still more out there. We did not get all of them... we couldn’t of.

Reigen has been waiting on a letter from her doctor apparently... It has valuable information regarding this spy.

As for our sir ‘Bane’, his information has been valuable... if not frustrating though. He assumes I can easily toss a letter of such importance into the flames of my hearth, never to be reported again to one or the other. Entari knows, and with Reigen’s information I’ll have to update him.

Light protect us through this troubling times.

Reigen, my love...

I continue to worry for this woman, all of her fears, her emotions... These voices.

Those Light-damned voices!

I need to shake their hold upon her, shake these fears, these worries... I need to calm her anger, qualm the turbulence of her mind.

She says it’s not possible, but I’d be a dead man if I had ever lost faith before. The Light has been my sword and shield for many years, and for many years more it shall continue to be.

Respect, Tenacity, and Compassion.

I respect her as my wife, my love, as a woman independent upon her own.

I hold compassion for her, something I’d be willing to fight and die for... a cause worthy of my life.

And I will have Tenacity with her. It may take years, hundreds of years, until my dieing day I will search for a way to rid of these voices, even if it must be upon my death bed that I do so.

Feh...

Received some complaints today about some sort of construct going around through the town coupled with some novice mage. Apparently she’s a transfer from the colleges of Dalaran and now looks to attend one of the classes here.

Given her experience, I pray this thing does not end up running amuck..

P.S. - Castella hates me for keeping the secret... I'll have to try and make amends.
I’m almost surprised to find the journal still here, I would’ve thought the cultists would sack any sort of Commander’s quarters they could get their hands on.

Those Light-Damned Cultists!.

We haven’t had even a year with this town to ourselves and we already had two massive riots from within, both of which caused by the pitiful Scourge wanna-be’s. First they bombed the city, hitting key locations and taking many innocents along with them.

Along with it, now we faced a massive Frostwyrm that had risen from the sanctuary. It turns out that the guards we had down there were cultists too! Sons of bitches let the prisoners out and they held yet another riot which nearly brought down the entire town.

Hell, they didn’t even use some of their own men. Damned,… mind-melding curses or some utter crap like hat ended up warping some of my men to their side.

It all is so very, very frustrating…

Never the less, they’re all dead now, and Light damn their souls! There is no respite for men as such, that kill women and children as they cower behind their constructs. That weave destruction across the land in search of personal power.

They are not all dead, however… No. more remain outside of this city’s influence.

I will not be bullied around any more. I will not let this town fall. I will not stand back as men fall before me.

It is time to take the offensive. I will grind their bones to dust beneath my heel for what they have done!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maenor Autumshield - Journal entry 1 Jameston 1 1,081 06-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Nephos
  Ulfried's Salvaged Journal GeneralDefyre 5 1,665 05-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre
  Leoran's journal entry Vind101 1 1,061 02-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Vind101
  A Warden's Journal Dug 0 819 01-19-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Dug
  Eiuna Dawnstrider's Journal Aquanthe 5 1,358 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Aquanthe