The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Should IC currency items be categorized as keys?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES! HELP ME ORGANIZE MY INVENTORY AND FREE UP SPACE!
76.92%
30 76.92%
NO! I LIKE IT HOW IT IS NOW!
23.08%
9 23.08%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Turn Currency Items (Coins) Into Keys?
Short and simple poll - to make organization easier, would you prefer if the currency items (the coins) were categorized as keys so they could be placed in your keychain? This would both make organization easier as well as ensuring the items don't take up space in your normal inventory.
The only foreseeable downside is that folks that don't see this will wonder where their IC coins are when they first get them.
Again then I would like to ask for a list of the common price of things, like what a farmer, soldier and perhaps an artisan would make in a year. How much a mug of ale, a horse and a blank book is sold for.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I'd say there's a bit of a problem with there only being 4 key slots and potentially 100+ inventory spaces, but I'm not sure if anyone keeps lots of keys around in the first place.
At least on level 80, you gain more slots the more keys you get.
I've bought all the keys from the key-vendor in OOCC and still have four free spots.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(03-05-2012, 03:29 PM)Kaghuros Wrote: I'd say there's a bit of a problem with there only being 4 key slots and potentially 100+ inventory spaces, but I'm not sure if anyone keeps lots of keys around in the first place.

Actually, if you get more than 4 keys, your keyring expands appropriately. I have a character with like 10 keys, and his keyring has about 16 slots. So space is not a problem.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I think while there may be mild confusion at first, it could be an awesome solution in the long run!

On a side note, realizing how many keys there are in WoW, I swear everyone must look like janitors in plate armor running around.
Personally I'd rather keep it the way it is now, simply because it works. I also forget my keyring slot exists. You only need what, like two spots for gold and silver? No one ever really uses copper so that's not a huge issue. What I do half the time is store it into my bank until Cressy comes around for an auction. To me, it just seems like a waste of effort for something that...really doesn't need to be fixed.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If you do decide to change it, will they at least still -look- like coins? My immersion is at stake if suddenly the currency looks like keys! Will the currency also still be able to be traded/mailed for the lotto/buying things from other players/GMs? I'm unsure if keys work any different from normal items.
(03-05-2012, 05:55 PM)Reigen Wrote: Personally I'd rather keep it the way it is now, simply because it works. I also forget my keyring slot exists. You only need what, like two spots for gold and silver? No one ever really uses copper so that's not a huge issue. What I do half the time is store it into my bank until Cressy comes around for an auction. To me, it just seems like a waste of effort for something that...really doesn't need to be fixed.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If you do decide to change it, will they at least still -look- like coins? My immersion is at stake if suddenly the currency looks like keys! Will the currency also still be able to be traded/mailed for the lotto/buying things from other players/GMs? I'm unsure if keys work any different from normal items.

I think the inventory graphic will be the same, just the item category changed.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
If that could work without breaking everything then, by golly Kretol, you're a smart cookie. I would have never thought to do that.

I mean, it is just a few item slots, but if people could just slap it into their inventory and forget about it, then people might be more inclined to roleplay with it.
I support this, actually, but then I'm not a big user of coins.

There is a guide somewhere about the value of several things. By the way - for a human or a dwarf, I consider 10-15 coppers to be good enough to sustain one day of typical life. With exceptions; crafted goods likely come at a more handy price in magical-mass-made Silvermoon, for instance.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
I like the idea of the coins being stowed away until I want them.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
You do know you can take key's and put them into your inventory right? I happened to do that yesterday with my skeleton keys. So I'm sure if you don't want them in your keyring, they can be placed outside of it. If they become keys, you can really choose where you want them, so it should be all good.

Right?
I didn't even know that keyrings expanded, heh. Consider my argument retracted.
No, because when you update to Cata. If you do. The key ring bag is removed. Besides, what the balls is currency used for anyways?
For auctions, as an example. Some people (including myself) use it as an IC replacement for what would generally be actual gold transfers between players, since gold is essentially limitless when you have a level 80 toon that's a few weeks old. IC gold doesn't inflate quickly, and it has money sinks like Grogporter auctions that make it more scarce if people are hoarding it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Development and You: The Quick Keys to Development Valicor 2 1,672 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  IC Currency QuantumLegacy 14 2,521 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: QuantumLegacy
  IC currency, minerals ores and jewelcrafting Psychyn 21 3,440 01-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Quest items (for RP) Kretol 8 1,625 11-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Beltharean
  IC Crafted Items Jonoth 2 791 11-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Vision