The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

IC currency, minerals ores and jewelcrafting
So, before my asgfasffqa browser closed the page. I had an entire post. Let's try that again, shortened version now.

Ahoy mentlegem,

I was hoping to be able to write down a list of the ores/minerals with it's rarity and rough value. Naturally prices fluctuate on supply & demand, but a rough idea would be something so I don't end up selling stuff for 10 silver when it's ICly worth 50. :p

I've got my character now, who's a jewelcrafter and was hoping to sell some things ICly on the trips she makes.

There's this Mining & Mineral list which will probably come in handy. But how would one go and judge it's rarity? Bottom to top relating to skill required to mine it? Something else?

Help is appreciated!

----

Outline so far; (Read through the posts to find out how/when/what! :p ) This is naturally just a rough sketch, it all variates with supply/demand!

Copper ore - 1 copper coin
Copper bar - 5 copper coins

Silver ore - 1 silver coin
Silver bar - 1.25 ~ 1.50 silver coins

Gold ore - 1 gold coin
Gold bar - 1.25 ~ 1.50 gold coins

Tin ore - 3 copper coins
Tin bar - 3 copper coins (1 : 1 smelting rate)

Example of a bronze bar worked out;

1 copper bar - 5 copper coins
1 tin bar - 3 copper coins +
------------------------
2 bronze bar - 8 copper coins

----

And so on, as rough idea. So. Input is appreciated! ^^ Maybe we can make some sort of list or reach general consensus on how much an Simple Pearl Ring? would ICly end up costing. (just an example. There are many more rings out there I intend on selling)

It also just struck me, that with GHI/Totalrp2 other materials and custom rings can be made, which is naturally a awesome thing. So that would benefit from any rough 'price' idea as well.

Edit; Maybe we could look at the values of stuff sold to regular vendors? Then possibly fiddle around with those numbers and deduct another x (or %) amount of stuff that goes over x amount gold? (As I believe, one gold is quite a lot. Read that somewhere, not sure)
Wow. I just noticed this post and I was just thinking of doing something similar with Vaeron, my Reagent merchant and start up a whole.. hiring people to gather hard-to-get things and just sell herbs and such, all using IC currency. Get out of my head.. 24 hours before I notice. >.>
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
*Is rearranging any vital parts of your mind to be placed elsewhere*

Why? I was just getting comfortable.

But in all seriousness.. I could use some vague idea what minerals, ores and such would go for. I'm surprised nobody gave some pennies yet as the IC currency has a habit of making people go like "Yay! interesting! Must post!" .. So I'm not sure if my thread is unclear, not interesting or.. Something else!

I can offer cookies for thoughts?
Well with the silver ore being only 30 copper and the copper ore being 10 copper, it seems rather odd. The silver is worth about 1/3ish of it's coin value (Seeing as though silver ore can be made into silver coins.) and teh copper is worth 10x's it's worth in it's coin value(Same as silver, copper ore=copper coins)
Aye, that was indeed just a rough silly value I wrote up to give an idea. Thing is, I've never looked at the value of (OOC perhaps) objects to see what they could possibly be worth ICly.

So putting that aside, what would you suggest then? ^^ 1 copper ore for 1 copper, 1 silver ore for 1 silver?
Something like that, and the bars themselves (If one should make then) Be worth about 5 (1 copper bar=5 copper, 1 silver bar=5 silver) Or 10, it's based off the consumer and the seller.

~Edit~

I'm basing all this off of what the bars and ore cost in the game it's self, they seemed to have come up with a good range of prices.
Well, I'm not really sure how big a piece of ore is, but it may be a couple more if it can be made into multiple coins, y'know? But I don't know much about mining/smelting and that stuff, IRL-wise.

Well despite the fact that it can be made into more coins, it would cost who ever has the ore to make it. The ore itself couple made up to 10 coins, but in reality, it would cost a bout 9 to make the coins (Mind you this is silver, for some reason I doubt coppers really worth paying someone else to make the coins with.)
Ahh, I see. It makes cents(C WUT I DID THAR). :)

(01-18-2012, 06:34 AM)Piken Wrote: Ahh, I see. It makes cents(C WUT I DID THAR). :)

Hahaha, yes, yes I did. If I had a nickle for every time.. Well I'd have a nickle.
(01-18-2012, 06:26 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Something like that, and the bars themselves (If one should make then) Be worth about 5 (1 copper bar=5 copper, 1 silver bar=5 silver) Or 10, it's based off the consumer and the seller.

~Edit~

I'm basing all this off of what the bars and ore cost in the game it's self, they seemed to have come up with a good range of prices.

I actually like that logic. Thanks for the thoughts! *Feeds cookies* Assuming copper, silver and gold is turned into coins more then anything else, we'd get ;

1 copper ore - 1 copper coin
1 copper bar - 5 copper coin

1 silver ore - 1 silver coin
1 silver bar - 1 silver coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

1 gold ore - 1 gold coin
1 gold bar - 1 gold coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

What could we go for with.. Tin? I think it's about the same commonness as Copper through out Azeroth, although harder to mine (if we take ooc mining mechanic into account - 65 mining) and is found in different areas. (Westfall, Hillsbrad, Ashenvale, etc.) But in all areas, it seems.. Quite common?

Tin ore - 3 copper coin?
Tin bar - 3 copper coin? (1 : 1 smelting rate)

It can be processed further to make Bronze bars, requiring 1 copper bar and 1 tin bar.. Meaning the price of 2 bronze bars (They come in two) would end up at ;

------------------------
2 bronze bar - 8 copper coins.

Which, I am not sure about as it would mean that 1 bronze bar, would be worth less then 1 copper bar (4 coins). So perhaps the price of tin should be higher? (Although, I am probably moving too fast. How's that Silver/Gold idea?)
(01-18-2012, 06:48 AM)Psychyn Wrote: I actually like that logic. Thanks for the thoughts! *Feeds cookies*

Yay! ^^ *Noms on cookie*
(01-18-2012, 06:48 AM)Psychyn Wrote: 1 silver ore - 1 silver coin
1 silver bar - 1 silver coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

1 gold ore - 1 gold coin
1 gold bar - 1 gold coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

What could we go for with.. Tin? I think it's about the same commonness as Copper through out Azeroth, although harder to mine (if we take ooc mining mechanic into account - 65 mining) and is found in different areas. (Westfall, Hillsbrad, Ashenvale, etc.) But in all areas, it seems.. Quite common?

Tin ore - 3 copper coin?
Tin bar - 3 copper coin? (1 : 1 smelting rate)

It can be processed further to make Bronze bars, requiring 1 copper bar and 1 tin bar.. Meaning the price of 2 bronze bars (They come in two) would end up at ;

------------------------
2 bronze bar - 8 copper coins.

For the silver and gold, if you walk into a store with silver ore, you'd get about, (Not literally) 100ish dollars, where as if you walk in with a bar (Or something made from silver) it'll be worth anywhere from 150$ (If it's just the bar) to 500$ ("Oh.. My.. God.." amazing art)

(Mind you this can be used for any type of ore. Ie. Copper necklaces being worth about 10 cp., silver swords being worth about 15 to 50 sp.)

As for tin, it's pretty useless until it's mixed with copper, seeming as though you can make a copper sword, but not a tin sword.

And of course you have the uncommon ores such as mythril. I would say it's worth more than gold, but thats something I wont go into t the moment, lets just stick with minerals.
Quote:For the silver and gold, if you walk into a store with silver ore, you'd get about, (Not literally) 100ish dollars, where as if you walk in with a bar (Or something made from silver) it'll be worth anywhere from 150$ (If it's just the bar) to 500$ ("Oh.. My.. God.." amazing art)

True, yet if you'd think that one silver converts to 100 copper coins.. Maybe that helps? 1 silver seems little, 100 copper coins seems a bit more. So if you'd say.. One dollar = 1 copper coin, you'd pay 100 dollar for said silver bar. There was a list around here somewhere, with vague indication about how much houses/zeppelin/etc cost. Maybe that can be of use!

Quote:(Mind you this can be used for any type of ore. Ie. Copper necklaces being worth about 10 cp., silver swords being worth about 15 to 50 sp.)

That's what I'm aiming to find out! *Laughs* How much would a copper necklace go for, a silver sword, an silver ring, and so on.

Your point with tin however, is another good one. I suppose we can leave it at said low price, as I've checked the 'ingredient' list and it's really only made into bronze bars. So tin on it's own, would be cheap. Made into Bronze, it would be something more. I'm just not sure if 8 copper coins per 2 bronze bar would be profitable enough. (Although, it does make sense. Maybe Tin is one of those.. "Don't mine until you need it" ores in the world?)

Quote:And of course you have the uncommon ores such as mythril.

Hoping to get to those eventually! Seeing we started on minerals / basic Azeroth ores (Not BC/WotlK) we can hopefully finish those up first. :p

Edit ; So something as ;

1 silver ore - 1 silver coin
1 silver bar - 1.25~1.5 silver coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

1 gold ore - 1 gold coin
1 gold bar - 1.25~1.5 gold coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )
Quote:True, yet if you'd think that one silver converts to 100 copper coins.. Maybe that helps? 1 silver seems little, 100 copper coins seems a bit more. So if you'd say.. One dollar = 1 copper coin, you'd pay 100 dollar for said silver bar. There was a list around here somewhere, with vague indication about how much houses/zeppelin/etc cost. Maybe that can be of use!

Aye, I'll go searching, school gets boring enough to do so.

Quote:(Mind you this can be used for any type of ore. Ie. Copper necklaces being worth about 10 cp., silver swords being worth about 15 to 50 sp.)

(And yes, tin is that good old "Did you just mine me? Can you make bronze yet? No? Dumb*ss..)

Quote:1 silver ore - 1 silver coin
1 silver bar - 1.25~1.5 silver coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

1 gold ore - 1 gold coin
1 gold bar - 1.25~1.5 gold coin? (Smelting rate 1 : 1 )

Aye, something like that. It still depends on the buyer. One who would buy it on the lower end, and another on the higher end. really all you can find is the real bargain range. Which wont stop people from going "Give me 1 silver for this copper ore!" and such. Oddly enough, I think of this IC money as Pawn stars (If you know what that is)
Quote:Aye, I'll go searching, school gets boring enough to do so.

I tried, but anything.. so far on any second page on the forum gives me an error. o.0 May have to post an error thread about that soon enough. It's like.. "LOLDENIED"

Quote:Aye, something like that. It still depends on the buyer. One who would buy it on the lower end, and another on the higher end. really all you can find is the real bargain range. Which wont stop people from going "Give me 1 silver for this copper ore!" and such. Oddly enough, I think of this IC money as Pawn stars (If you know what that is)

Naturally, and I actually love Pawn Stars. Watch it frequently on TV, they buy all kinds of stuff for either way too much or insanely cheap. *laughs*

I'll edit it into the main post, seeing we got a bargaining range now.

Makes me wonder about gems ; Malachite for example, has 1% drop rate from copper ore, but that's probably food for thought later.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IC Currency QuantumLegacy 14 2,521 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: QuantumLegacy
  Turn Currency Items (Coins) Into Keys? Kretol 15 2,601 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Jewelcrafting Missing in Trainer Area Jonoth 0 633 08-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Jonoth