The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A traveler's life is a life for me!
So, my friends, we meet again.

Today, I have a (not so) special offer to propose to you!

So, ever since a few months ago, an RP idea has been lurking through my mind. Travel RP. More specifically, cross-Azeroth travel RP.

Now, this may seem like any old thing for the lot of you, but I think it's a nice way to get a storyline running, or just simple RP.

To make things even shorter than they already are, i'm looking for someone who's willing to play a travel partner to Catrina 'Cat' Rogers, a character that I've recently made for the purpose of this storyline. It might be written down in IC posts, and it might not, but i'm looking to get some interesting RP out of it all.

A few rules: (They may seem strict, but are negotiable)
-Do not have your character be at one place, then suddenly poof somewhere else for the sake of joining another RP. Stick to your IC location.
-I hold no restrictions as far as race/class go, but Catrina has a certain dislike for Orcs, Forsaken and Gnomes.
-If you chose a mage to join in the journey, I can warn you ahead of time that portals won't make the matter easier. OOCly, I want this to be a rather long story, and ICly, Catrina is traveling for the sake of traveling.
-I'm a little bit of a realism freak, so I ask you to at least try and RP out hunger, exhaustion, thirst, etc.

Features that might be neat to put in:
-Taking inventory! Either player can keep a note of what current inventory the couple have, and modify it as they use/gain different items along the road.
-Seige the dungeons! If they come across a dungeon, I (or the other player) will be free to host a mini-event to their exploration of it. (If they choose to explore it, that is.)
-Animal companion. Being one that the other character brought, or one that the two encounter along the way, I thought this might be a neat feature.

Now, like I said, rules are negotiable.
Aside from that, feel free to ask any questions here, or in PM's!
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
Ah, roaming RP. How I have missed thee...

Sure. I'm up. Not too sure if I'll toss a new character in. However, that will have to be seen. Catrina sounds Human, I assume? Oh, and I love your point about realism. And the inventory idea, always have been doing that.
Sanity? Of course!
One of my tauren could go on a quest of traveling, for the sake of being nomadic again!
Ah, yes. I forgot to add that Catrina is indeed a human.
Derp.

Also, if any of you want to pitch any more ideas, i'm open for it!
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
I'm in if you tolerate timeskips.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(03-07-2012, 09:06 AM)Adam255 Wrote: -I hold no restrictions as far as race/class go, but Catrina has a certain dislike for Orcs, Forsaken and Gnomes.

What? How is this possible?

(Not just heckling -- I might be able to join, I'll have to see how my schedule turns out Crazy )
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Bormus has a tendency to travel anywhere as it is (And needs any rp) Count mah tauren in.
I'd be willing to hold record of any gear that is carried and give rough estimates of the weight of it. That should be taken into account when travelling. Seeing as it is -way- harder to roam with 25 kg on your back than with 1.4 on your entire body. Naturally, supplies and such must be calculated into that weight. And tools. Additionally, I'd need to be informed whenever something is used / gets lost.

Naturally, people require food and as such, hunting events can be held. I'd be willing to do a few of these. Including tracking, hunting, killing and eventually, preparing the mighty game. I'd also propose to not take Arcanists / Spellweavers at all since they... facilitate things way too much, in my opinion. Mundane healing and herbs are superior...

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Sanity? Of course!
In addition to Whym taking point on gear weights and all that business, I also don't mind helping out with "That sounds legit" claims: wilderness survival, energy exerted, injuries (You -will- get blisters. I don't care how awesome you think you are. Bring clean and dry socks), exhaustion... You name it. Mainly, the physicality and practicality of this (pretty nifty) adventure.
Well if Bormus joins in on this fun, he is a druid. So all and all, they're would be your non-arcane healing.
(03-07-2012, 10:03 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Well if Bormus joins in on this fun, he is a druid. So all and all, they're would be your non-arcane healing.

It's still... magical healing to me. I prefer to avoid those when doing roaming RP, giving it more of a challenge. But eh, that is not for me to decide. And yes, the ailment of the traveller will seek even the strongest. Always.
Sanity? Of course!
(03-07-2012, 10:13 AM)Whym Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 10:03 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Well if Bormus joins in on this fun, he is a druid. So all and all, they're would be your non-arcane healing.

It's still... magical healing to me. I prefer to avoid those when doing roaming RP, giving it more of a challenge. But eh, that is not for me to decide. And yes, the ailment of the traveller will seek even the strongest. Always.

Fair enough, if it's any help Bormus is more of a herb gatherer. And yes, yes it will. /sagenod
(03-07-2012, 10:13 AM)Whym Wrote: It's still... magical healing to me. I prefer to avoid those when doing roaming RP, giving it more of a challenge. But eh, that is not for me to decide. And yes, the ailment of the traveller will seek even the strongest. Always.

With Whym on this one, adventure RP should be all about the struggle.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Oh, Bovel, you seemed to have had a typo. Let me fix that for you:

Quote:With Whym on this one, adventure RP should be all about the snuggle.

Shhh
It's somewhere in between. Adventure RP should strive towards a balance between struggling and snuggling. :P

I'm eager to throw a character into this, either way, so I'll let you know when I figure out exactly who. xD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A matter of (love)life and death landashua 40 7,739 05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Rigley