The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blood Elf Death Knights..
Hey, I was just wondering if Blood Elf Death Knights... Are Blood Elves? Since some of them should've died in the Scourge attack on Silvermoon, and they probably were in Acherus when the Blood Elves digested the Fel. Would they suffer from the Magic Addiction? What would make them Blood Elf... I am probably wrong or something, but I think they would be still kind of Half-Dead High Elves or whatever ._. ....
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

We don't allow any sort of High Elves (Unless CMC, obviously).

And if I'm not mistaken, there was a Blizz lore panel that said a Blood Elf's mana addiction was overwritten with the Death Knight's addiction to cause suffering to another being.
Oh, never read that panel. ^_^ . I was just thinking they never digested fel so I wondered what would make them Blood Elf. :D

gnome guy

Nope. According to our timeline, Silvermoon was destroyed 9 years ago, while the third-gen Death Knights came into existence 4 years ago. The Blood Elves started using fel within the same year that Silvermoon fell.

(From http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Official_Timeline)

The mana addiction doesn't really matter. As the Sunwell has been restored, all High and Blood elves will be feeling normal again.
I thought their bodies would've been taken back and risen in Plaguelands. But okay! Thanks for answering this question. I've been debating this for a long time and thought I would get other opinions ^_^

gnome guy

Most would have been simply raised as zombies/banshees, not DKs. Look at it from another way: how much sense does it make for the Scourge to put a helf's body on ice to save him for DKification later?

Now, there IS a lore character that was killed in Silvermoon and all. But A. he's a lore character, and B. it shows that Blizzard has no logical sense.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Any Death Knight risen during the Siege of Silvermoon would have been second-generation Death Knights. And with those, we're talking Baron Rivendare-levels of power, rather than that which is nominally available to our player population of Death Knights (which is considerably lower to balance with their IG performance against other classes).

What's hypothetically possible is that a high elf could have been risen into the Scourge as a zombie, and then broken free with the Forsaken, and then been slain again and re-risen as a Death Knight with the Ebon Hold five years later, much as any Forsaken DK. However, high elven Forsaken are unplayable on principle, and he'd likely be so rotted as to be unrecognisable as one of his species anyway.

But no, if you want to play a blood elven death knight, your character will have had to start using fel with Kael and the rest before joining the Argent Dawn to take the fight to the Scourge in the Plaguelands, only for them to be killed and taken to Acherus to be raised. :D
It all makes sense now... Thanks guys! My understanding of WoW Lore has increased :DBeer

gnome guy

(03-28-2012, 04:35 AM)Etmosril Wrote: The mana addiction doesn't really matter. As the Sunwell has been restored, all High and Blood elves will be feeling normal again.

Only to those who make regular pilgrimage to the Sunwell. Described in Quel'Delar questline and in Cataclysm about the high elves being let back in Quel'Thalas and Quel'Danas.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Why do people think with the Sunwell destroyed the addiction is gone?

What Bovel said, they still struggle, quite a lot, unless they make themselves do that.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Quote:As of the end of the Burning Crusade expansion, blood elves who wield the Light do so through the power of the renewed Sunwell. It is a harmonious relationship, no longer one of discord caused by the blood elves' attempts to bend the Light to their will, which will likely have a positive effect on blood elf society in the long run. Look forward to updates that reflect this change in the Silvermoon and Blood Knight quests.

Obviously, the power of the Sunwell must go across Azeroth and beyond, if it is indeed what fuels the powers of the Blood Knights. At least, those that aren't devout of course.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Sorry, I phrased that funny. Why with the sunwell RESTORED do they think the addiction is gone? That's like saying if someone has access to drugs they are not longer addicted.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ooooooh! Yeah, I see what you mean. If they end up being cut off from the Sunwell then yeah, they feel all the effects of their addiction. When the Sunwell was destroyed though, they had to go through an hour of daily meditation to deal with the addiction, or else they'd begin to take on negative effects to their casting abilities. At least, according to the RPG books.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
And that's if they decide to do that aside from just ingesting magic by other means.

I'm just always surprised by the amount of people wanting to get rid or say the addiction is gone... that's part of the fun of being a Belf.

Otherwise it's akin to taking away Worgen's shifting, Dranei's face tentacles, or Tauren's everything because Tauren are pure walking awesome on hooves.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think something that wasn't answered is...

What makes them still Sin'dorei?

The only difference I have read between them and High elves is the fel addiction...

If that is gone and replaced with what literally makes them a Deathknight, then what is left to set them apart from High Elves?
(03-29-2012, 04:28 PM)Rensin Wrote: I'm just always surprised by the amount of people wanting to get rid or say the addiction is gone... that's part of the fun of being a Belf.

Otherwise it's akin to taking away Worgen's shifting, Dranei's face tentacles, or Tauren's everything because Tauren are pure walking awesome on hooves.

Actually it's because most people think it's too much trouble, but I don't think they notice they don't literally have to RP out sating it. Just say they did earlier for breakfast!

Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worgen Death Knights, and True Form Harmonic 21 5,539 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Death Knights. Ukarai 7 1,833 05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Creation of Death Knights Fortwit 5 1,694 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Dragonbeard
  Living Death Knights and Other Questions hiddengecko 26 4,160 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter