The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clovis Needs Pen-Pals
I am not a fan of forum rp. I do enjoy typing out large elaborate posts detailing how my character enters a tavern full of people in a topic for everyone to read.

I do not particularly enjoy IM rp. It brings a certain level of intimacy I find awkward. It even feels fake to a degree - as if things that happen on AIM or Skype aren't quite the same as happening on CotH.

For the few months that it did occur, I particularly enjoyed PM rp - namely in the form of 'In Character Letters'. Clovis spent months swapping letters with Endling - discussing every little detail about (mostly his) their lives.

And I'd enjoy doing that again! So, I'm looking for Pen Pals for Clovis, Evelyn, or Varjot (August is far too shy for that stuff).

The Circumstances

Perhaps it all starts as one of us sending a letter to a friend or affiliate that doesn't arrive at it's intended destination. When the sender gets it back, they're surprised to see it comes with a reply from the individual who originally received it.

Perhaps it's done as simple business - you have something my character needs, like reagents, or tools, and my character sends a letter requesting the materials. Somehow, through sheer boredom or whimsy, we maintain correspondence after the exchange.

Perhaps a letter was mailed to this stranger on a whim. I'm game for any strange circumstances for why we would become 'Pen Pals'.

The Writers

Clovis Briarthorn

Evelyn Briarthorn

Varjot Soulsear

Misc. Details

Letters would -probably- be anonymous on your end - you are free to use an alias. You are free to not elaborate on your past, though expect to be called out on it, depending on my character, if it's made too obvious.

Clovis will write with just about anyone. He's friendly and cordial, if slightly judgmental and condescending. If you reveal to be evil or criminal in nature, he would only 'play along' to lure you into a meeting so as to bring you to justice. Yes, this Paladin lies and uses traps. A lot. Clovis is not particularly aggressive when writing to Hordies, but he will definitely take potshots when possible. He's also in a relationship and will usually cut all correspondence if things become even vaguely romantic with his writer.

Evelyn is particularly friendly and will delight in having a Pen Pal - she will even be fairly cordial with people with sordid pasts, provided they have some regrets about it. She has no limits on who she will speak with. She is married and will not become involved with any writers...but she's definitely a tease. Evelyn has never considered herself the mentoring type, but a part of her likes the idea of giving advice to those younger and more inexperienced than her.

Varjot is just about the polar opposite of the Briarthorns. He's easily bored by simple and good people, but he may speak with them only to toy with them for his amusement. He's more likely to want to use criminal or corrupt individuals for his own personal gain. Varjot is a bit of a wildcard - you can't be quite sure what to expect with him. Surprisingly, he's a bit of a romantic and has a deep affection for Dalaran operas and classical music.

------

So basically, if you feel like exchanging letters with any of my characters, contact me on Skype at 'clovisthepaladin'. Our format will be pretty simple. A PM with something close to a paragraph, more or less, of text. Our characters getting to know each other. At any pace we are oocly comfortable with - I know I sometimes take time to muster up the willpower to write a reply myself. There's really no pressure with this. It's just a nice way to have some character interaction and even development without having to physically interact, and can even lead to ingame RP together. It's also a swell to sharpen my writing skills.

So if you're interested, hit me up!

[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'm always up for some more stuff if you're interested. Dunno who on, but we could probably come up with something.

I have tons of alts.
Let's do it.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Mayhaps Cristo and Clovis can share their daily doses of zombie based dramas together :D
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Ooh, I want in to this. :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Count me in!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Malachai could send Clovis a bunch of hate-mail. :3

EDIT: Admit it, it'd be funny.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Totally going to give him a Gilnean pen-pal from over the wall. *Nod*
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
The Anti-Clovis himself should partake of this! Landron Plaguebloom, your adversary!
The greatest Deathknight!
The greatest Paladin!

In a battle of words! The only battle this world can handle, for if their might met in the fields of combat! The sundering and cataclysm would both be dwarfed!

- It is a possibility -
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Woah, wasn't expecting this much interest. =p

I think for now I'd like to just take a few pen pals on and see how I can juggle it - a few paragraphs every now and then isn't much of a burden really, but we'll see! I'll start hitting people up soon - I might contact you OOCly first, or I might just drop you with a post out of nowhere. We'll see!

For now, gonna be a wee bit busy. Job interview Wednesday!
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I may get in on this as well!
You know, there does seem to be general interest for penpalling our characters. Though it might be your apparent paladin magnetism at work, perhaps a general thread for making such connections is in order...
If you're interested, I'd be interested in writing with you. Need to get my writing skills back up to snuff anyhow.
Maybe though this you'll finally get to RP with one of my alts :P I'm game though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cressy wants pen-pals. qq. Cressy 7 1,397 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  Clovis is bored. Clovis 21 3,684 02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Kalimdor Pals Hinbane 6 1,217 10-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Last Post: McKnighter