The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormwind Guard: Chain of Command
(Important things to take note are color coded)

This is a summary of what the general responsibilities of each rank is, expect changes to be made in the future.
A battalion will be lead by the Captain, the Lieutenant will serve as Second-in-Command, substituting in the absence of the Captain and as the successor if something were to happen to the Captain. The battalion commander can have more than one Lieutenant to serve in his military cabinet but only -ONE-, chosen by the battalion commander him/herself will be the successor.

Within the battalion will be at least two platoons, each of them lead by a Sergeant.

Within the platoon(s) will be at least four squads, each of them lead by a Corporal.

Battalion Commander (Minimum Rank: Captain)
The highest ranked officer in the Guard will be in this seat of power. He/she oversee everything that the Guard does. He issue out the orders, arrest warrants and search warrants. He/She is expected to be well taught in the war/combat strategies and law. He is usually expected to not be out in the city or field unless it was necessary.

Responsibilities:
Making sure his/her battalion is well equipped, well groomed and organized.
Making sure his/her battalion do as they are told.
Giving orders out to his entire battalion.
Improving the overall security of Stormwind where it is needed

Platoon Commander (Minimum Rank: Sergeant)
The platoon commanders are the one who is responsible in the training and recruiting of new recruits. They serve as drill sergeants and must decide who gets in and who should pack their bags and go home. They are expected to be lean, mean yelling machines that appears to enjoy yelling at you, in which case, most of them do. They are the ones that Corporals see when they want to complain/ask about low crossbow ammunition or new armor and swords. Their main responsibility, as already stated, is training and recruiting.

Responsibilities:
Making sure his/her platoon is well equipped, well groomed and organized.
Making sure his/her platoon do as they are told.
Receiving orders from the Lieutenants.
Sending in reports to the Lieutenants.
Training new recruits.
Supplying squads with new equipment and ammunition.

Squad Leaders (Minimum Rank: Corporal)
This person is the head of the entire squad that receives his orders from the higher-ups, usually the Sergeant will be the one that personally hands down any assignments to the squad leaders. The squad leaders are responsible for his/her squad's actions and oversees the whole operation or mission that they were assigned to do. He/She will be expected to be a mature and responsible person and make sure that his/her squad is ready for action on a moments notice.

Responsibilities:
Making sure his/her squad is well equipped, well groomed and organized.
Making sure his/her squad do as they are told.
Receiving orders from the Sergeant.
Make necessary "on the spot" decisions for his/her squad.
(For example: The squad gets lost somewhere in the forest, the squad leader will either choose to move on or set up camp. This is a -simple- scenario. Expect harder decisions to be made.)
Sending in reports to the Sergeant
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Oooo you either know your stuff or you researched it.

Pretty impressive. Exactly like what a real chain of command is like, Abar the rank of platoon commander, which would be a LT (Like me!) with a platoon sergeant's help. but under circumstances it is done, As mr. kipling would say, Exceedingly well! =)

I applaude this chain of command very much so.
Well done!
But love to me is. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I think, to me, love is: incompleteness in absence.
:// I love her
Genius, This is a perfect IC structure for the guard but until the server gets loads more people I think there will be one battalion.
Eagle Wrote:Oooo you either know your stuff or you researched it.

Pretty impressive. Exactly like what a real chain of command is like, Abar the rank of platoon commander, which would be a LT (Like me!) with a platoon sergeant's help. but under circumstances it is done, As mr. kipling would say, Exceedingly well! =)

I applaude this chain of command very much so.
Well done!

Aye, back in my high school freshman and sophomore year, I was part of a school army program called the JROTC (Junior Reserve Officers Training Corp). I drew in most of my ideas from there and molded it into something we can use for the Stormwind Guard.
Tis good to see another Military mind,

Im a British officer, Joined up when i was 17, Did a year at Royal academy of Sandhurst. Then just over half a year infantry training, and P company. Got back from Iraq ( Op Telic ) and got promoted to First LT, 3 months ago.

Again thanks for the Chain of command structure. i owe you one.
But love to me is. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I think, to me, love is: incompleteness in absence.
:// I love her
Eagle Wrote:Tis good to see another Military mind,

Im a British officer, Joined up when i was 17, Did a year at Royal academy of Sandhurst. Then just over half a year infantry training, and P company. Got back from Iraq ( Op Telic ) and got promoted to First LT, 3 months ago.

Again thanks for the Chain of command structure. i owe you one.

Aye, likewise.

The main idea of this was to build something that we (The Stormwind Guard RPers) can have some easy to work with and I think I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself.
I would very much like to get into the Stormwind Guard with my Paladin. Do you accept Paladins? I have my reasons for not becoming a Knight. I.E it would cause a scandal.
Lucia I think has the say on that find her about and ask her if she will need any more guards Ask OOC of course as of now there is Eagle Friedrich Lucia Lirry Me and Brom as legit guards Brom and me are in training still and mere Privates))
Tis acctually Sudara with the final Say so i think.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOUR TALKING TO ME!
I rarely see him so meh I didn't even think he was a real person till Pinocchio told me
lethalys Wrote:I rarely see him so meh I didn't even think he was a real person till Pinocchio told me

Sudara is played by Nostra. He's been in the Guard for awhile now.
Effective as of today, this will be the official rank structure that the Guard will be using.

Quote:Captain: -

Lieutenant: -

Sergeant: Sudara.

Corporal: Lucia and Friedrich.

Guard: Lirry.

Recruit: Eagle and Lethalys.

Brom, Altonsson and Monkuta(?) have been exiled and removed from the Guard.
Kainue Wrote:

Battalion Commander (Minimum Rank: Captain)
The highest ranked officer in the Guard will be in this seat of power. He/she oversee everything that the Guard does. He issue out the orders, arrest warrants and search warrants. He/She is expected to be well taught in the war/combat strategies and law. He is usually expected to not be out in the city or field unless it was necessary. He also serves as the judge when it came time for trials, using evidence found and witness accounts to make his final decision for criminals.

Responsibilties:
Making sure his/her battalion is well equipped, well groomed and organized.
Making sure his/her battalion do as they are told.
Giveing orders out to his entire battalion.
Serve as the judge during trials
Improving the overall security of Stormwind where it is needed

I'm aware this might be taken in a negative light, so please, I beg you to understand I'm just trying to be helpful. From a civil perspective, there is just one flaw, which while the rest is perfect as a military CoC. The flaw is slight, but could have a few problems.

While this may be a tad late, as a student of law, I couldn't help noticing that your highest rank is not only the head of the investigative body, but also the Judge/Jury(?) on trials? I'm wondering, like the precedents RLwise, how this doesn't constitute a massive conflict of interest? He/she's in the military, what about civil disputes? Seperation of powers? He/she virtually has unopposed jurisdiction over the judicial and law enforcement aspects. You might as well crown them a 'secondary' monarch of SW. o.o

Slightly contrary to the pursuit of justice, to which, Lore-wise Paladins, are sworn to uphold above their lives, so there would be major disputes with Paladins who are basically walking Judges in armour. Or did you mean sort of, internal trials? Such as a Guardsman is arrested for corruption and instead of tried in a civil court, its taken to a military tribunal whereby the highest rank presides?

Or does SI:7 do investigations and hand them in as an independant body from the Guards? That'd mae more sense.

Although, that said, if he is indeed the major “Judge OF AAAALL” as well as head of investigations, then it could still make for good RP. Lori is a Paladin. An example of this slightly off-kilter judicial system will be enough to drive any Paladin (or over-zealous legal student/activist. XP) to take up crusade. Hehe, I see opportunities here.

And most of ya'll know I luv the guard. ^^; So this isn't anything like uber vendetta-like. Just a concern, because I can see potential conflicts arising here, and personally I like Lori staying on the Guard's good side. ^_^ Hehe.

Lurv from,

Lori
I give you, my signature. That is all. Thank you.
I admitt that I haven´t taken the time to go through all of this, but, as I think I´ve said in the "Stormwind Guard" thread; The judge should be someone outside the Guard, I remember back in the day when we had the trial for Siv Saint that there were a dwarf judge, I -think- Qaza played her(?).

Anyway, the Battalion Commander shouldn´t be a judge. A neutral party (or at least as neutral as it gets) should be used, either if we invent a new Stormwind office or use an already existing one. If anyone got any ideas feel free to post them, as my knowledge of Stormwind officals (well, of the whole Alliance) is rather limited.

And Kainue, if you got another opinion about the judge thing, do share.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:I admitt that I haven´t taken the time to go through all of this, but, as I think I´ve said in the "Stormwind Guard" thread; The judge should be someone outside the Guard, I remember back in the day when we had the trial for Siv Saint that there were a dwarf judge, I -think- Qaza played her(?).

Yeep, you remember her? *blush* I think she was replaced at the last moment because I couldn't attend, actually, but yes, that character existed.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scale command addition Ural 5 1,203 07-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Night Watch Guard NPC outfit request! Ukarai 0 799 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Ukarai
  .addrpitem command change Herastean 8 1,477 10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Pet command request Erynn 11 2,205 09-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  Stormwind Stables Mike 13 2,289 11-24-2009, 07:26 AM