The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

d50 - First Half of Character Creation
These are notes for the perusal of those <House Blackstone> <Black Harvest> <House Whiteshore> members participating in this experiment, posted here for lack of a guild forum.

The rules are a homebrew blend of excerpts from such sources as Brutalskars, Wizards of the Coast, White Wolf, Fantasy Flight, Paizo, Catalyst, Blizzard, and any number of others I've potentially forgotten.

These entities were named in no conscious order and offered varying amounts of inspiration. I may or may not have tacked on Shadowrun for no reason but certainty's sake.

My amateur works are not licensed, I did not ask for permission, and there are probably plentiful amounts of oversights/imbalances.

...Presuming that suffices for explanation...

{Step One}

Select a race.

Human
Spoiler:

Strength: 20
Agility: 20
Stamina: 20
Intellect: 20
Spirit: 20
Personality: 20
Destiny: 20

[Every Man For Himself]: A human's maximum Intervention Points starts at seven instead of three, and they regain spent cards twice as effectively as everyone else. They also begin play with a number of additional skill points dependent on Spirit.

[Diplomacy]: +5 expertise bonus to Politics, Subterfuge, and Socialize rolls.

[The Human Spirit]: Spirit modifier is considered one point higher than it otherwise would be.

[Military Tradition]: +5 expertise bonus to attacks made with a sword; +1 expertise bonus to defending with a shield.

Dwarf
Spoiler:

Strength: 22
Agility: 16
Stamina: 23
Intellect: 19
Spirit: 19
Destiny: 22

[Military Tradition]: +5 expertise bonus to attacks made with a mace; +1 expertise bonus to defending with a shield.

[Boomstick]: Increased chance of critical hit when attacking with gunpowder weapons.

[Child of the Mountain]: Increased resistance to harmful Frost effects dependent on Fortitude; never penalized by stormy weather.

[Hardiness]: +15 racial bonus to resist Stun effects; +1 Fortitude.

[Born Explorer]: Automatically roll as though actively searching for hidden traps, treasures, or trails when passing within five yards of them.

{[Stoneform]}

{Type?} Physical, Racial,

{Duration?} Two rounds.

{Cast action?} Free

{Cooldown?} Session

{Effect?} Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects; any damage dice rolled against the dwarf are reduced by one step; considered an Elemental.

Night Elf
Spoiler:

Strength: 17
Agility: 25
Stamina: 19
Intellect: 20

[Quickness]: +5 racial bonus to Dodge; may Dodge ranged attacks; +1 Speed; +1 Reflex.

[Elusiveness]: +5 racial bonus to Stealth rolls; may move at full speed while Stealthing without penalty.

[Grace of Elune]: Increased resistance to harmful Nature effects dependent on Reflex; Reflex, rather than Fortitude, contributes to inherent armor against ballistic and sorcerous damage.

[Immortality]: Elderly night elves receive the benefits of advanced age, but suffer no decline in physical attributes. Though it isl acknowledged that they are technically not immortal any longer, not enough time has passed for this to matter.

{[Shadowmeld]}

{Type?} Physical, Racial,

{Duration?} Until interrupted by movement.

{Cast action?} Free

{Cooldown?} Session

{Effect?} Enhanced Stealth.

{Special?} Roll d50 twice against observers and consider cumulative to be your result; may be used in combat at no penalty.

Gnome
Spoiler:

Strength: 15
Agility: 23
Intellect: 25
Personality: 22
Destiny: 18

[Conductivity]: Increased resistance to harmful Arcane effects dependent on Reflex. Any electrical damage is halved.

[Invention]: Begin play with an extra level in Engineering.

[Escape Artist]: If the character is afflicted by a Snare, Root, or Grapple effect and fails their saving throw, they may roll once per turn to wriggle out of it at as a free action; +1 Reflex.

[Expansive Mind]: Intellect modifier is considered one point higher than it otherwise would be; additionally increase mana by intellect modifier.

[Deft Fingers]: +5 expertise bonus to attacks made with lightweight blades; +5 racial bonus to "hands-on" Larceny.

[I'm Not Short, You're Just Tall]: All the benefits and frustrations of being Small.

Draenei
Spoiler:

Strength: 21
Agility: 17
Intellect: 21
Spirit: 22
Personality: 22
Destiny: 19

[Heroic Presence]: Everyone in a draenei's party receives +5 morale bonus to attack and a +1 morale bonus to Will, including the draenei.

[Benediction]: Increased resistance to harmful Shadow effects and sanity loss dependent on Will.

[Sailor of the Astral Sea]: Begin play with an extra level in Craftsmanship.

[Immortality]: Elderly draenei receive the benefits of advanced age, but suffer no decline in physical attributes.

{[Gift of the Naaru]}

{Type?} Holy, Racial, Periodic healing,

{Range?} Medium

{Duration?} Three rounds.

{Cast action?} Instant

{Cooldown?} Session

{Effect?} Subject is healed each round for an amount equal to the draenei's cumulative Spirit and Destiny modifiers, to a minimum of one.

Orc
Spoiler:

Strength: 23
Agility: 17
Stamina: 22
Intellect: 17
Spirit: 22

[Ferocity]: +15 racial bonus to resist Stun effects; +1 Fortitude.

[Command]: +5 racial bonus to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Animal Ken rolls

[Om'riggor]: +5 expertise bonus to attacks made with axes or fist weapons.

[Blood Fury]

{Type?} Physical, Racial, Enrage,

{Duration?} Three rounds.

{Cast action?} Free

{Cooldown?} Session

{Effect?} Strength, Stamina, and Spirit modifiers are doubled for the duration. Their maximum bonus this effect may bestow is based on the orc's Fortitude.

{Special?} A raging orc does not know pity or remorse or fear, ignores any pain, can not be stunned, and probably wouldn't even notice if he was dead until he's calmed down.

Undead
Spoiler:

Strength: 19
Agility: 18
Stamina: 22
Intellect: 18
Spirit: 25

[Will of the Forsaken]: If the character is afflicted by a Charm, Fear, or Sleep effect, they may roll once per turn to overcome it as a free action; +1 expertise bonus to Will.

[Cannibalize]: If a fresh corpse is available, the undead may strip and consume it for rapid regeneration. This healing is based on Stamina.

[Flatline]: All the benefits, immunities, and vulnerabilities of being Undead.

[Damnation]: Increased resistance to harmful Shadow effects based on Will. The Forsaken is healed whenever a Shadow effect is completely resisted.[/size]

Tauren
Spoiler:

Strength: 25
Agility: 15
Stamina: 23
Intellect: 15
Spirit: 23

[Herbalism]: Begin play with an extra level in Survival.

[Endurance]: Stamina modifier is considered one point higher than it otherwise would be; additionally increase health by stamina modifier.

[Serenity of the Earthmother]: Increased resistance to harmful Nature effects based on Fortitude.

[Beefy Placeholder]: All the benefits and penalties of being Large.

{[War Stomp]}

{Type?} Physical, Racial, Stun,

{Range?} Immediate

{Cast action?} Move

{Cooldown?} Session

{Resist?} Fortitude

{Effect?} Everything in the immediate vicinity of the tauren is knocked back, potentially off their feet, and stunned for their next turn.

Troll
Spoiler:

Strength: 21
Agility: 22
Stamina: 21
Intellect: 16
Spirit: 21
Personality: 16
Destiny: 24

[Beast Slaying]: Expertise bonus to damage dealt versus Beasts based on Agility.

[Headhunting]: Increased chance of critical hit when attacking with bows or throwing weapons.

[Regeneration]: Trolls are notorious for their habit of bouncing back from injuries that would leave any other race bedridden for months.

{[Berserking]}

{Type?} Physical, Racial, Enrage,

{Duration?} Two rounds.

{Cast action?} Free

{Cooldown?} Session

{Effect?} The troll receives a number of additional turns equal to their wound penalty, to a minimum of one. Their maximum bonus turns this effect is may bestow is based on their Stamina.

{Special?} If the troll is benefiting from any effect which suppresses wound penalties (but not enrage effects), this ability disregards the reduction for its purposes.

Blood Elf
Spoiler:

Strength: 17
Agility: 22
Stamina: 18
Intellect: 24
Spirit: 19
Personality: 23
Destiny: 18

[Arcane Affinity]: Begin play with an extra level in Magic.

[Absorption]: Increased resistance to harmful magical effects based on Reflex; the blood elf receives a payload of mana whenever they completely resist a spell.

{[Ley Tap]}

{Type?} Arcane, Magic, Silence, Siphon,

{Range?} Medlee

{Duration?} Abrupt

{Cast action?} Instant

{Cooldown?} Session

{Resist?} Will

{Effect?} All spellcasters in the immediate vicinity of the blood elf are silenced for their next turn and robbed of mana in an amount relevant to their assailant's Intellect.
d5
{Special?} The blood elf receives a measure of mana dependent on their Intellect. How many (if any) are harmed by the spell has no bearing on this bounty.

{Step Two}

Select a class.

Contact your storyteller to learn the full extent of your class features.

{Step Three}

Arrange your attributes.

A cursory explanation of this process may be found here.

{Step Four}

Select your traits.

A list is available here
For kicks, I elected to do Arianna.

Quote:Strength: 17
Agility: 24 (+2)
Stamina: 18
Intellect: 34 (+7) (+3)
Spirit: 21 (+2)
Personality: 30 (+7)
Destiny: 20 (+2)

Fortitude: (?)
Reflex: +2
Will: +3

Traits: (Not sure how this works, so I just chose what applied)
Wealth **
Reputation **** (Magistry)
Polygot *** (Draconic) [This being something I don't have much choice about... just going to assume it's free. Not like it'll likely be used in any event)
Striking Looks ** (Shouldn't this just apply to all Blood Elves? :P)

-Do we only get the Fort/Reflex/Will that our points tell us? So only a +2 and a +3? Or do we get more via our stats?

-How many traits do we get?

-What the crud's 'Destiny'?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
"Destiny (Des)
Plot armor. Divine providence. Deus ex machina.
The kindness of the unseen powers that be, and the reason villains leave heroes in some elaborate trap with means to escape within chin's reach (as opposed to simply shooting them).
Those with a low Destiny score are a delicious outlet for the storyteller's more sadistic passions; all the worse, their players have comparably limited means to counter a streak of unfortunate rolls."
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

Current Mood: Pleasant :)

What about it?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(04-26-2012, 01:07 AM)LostStranger Wrote: <Black Harvest>

>:C

Quote:Jared Richter

Strength: 30 (+3) (+2) (+6)
Agility: 25 (-2) (+9)
Stamina: 28 (+3) (+3)
Intellect: 18
Spirit: 27 (+2)

Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +2
Will: +3

Traits:
Giant *
Adamantine Fortitude *
Nerves of Thorium **
Will of Mithril ***

Kind of fitting he has so many 'x of [metal]' traits given that he has a few iron replacement bones. >>

Pending modifications when Lost clarifies the base Fortitude/Reflex/Will stats.
You asked what it was! D=

So I told you. =)

Doth this mean random peps cannot participate in this event/experiment? It intrigues me greatly. =o
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

Current Mood: Pleasant :)
This looks really, really interesting! I decided to do Clovis and Taje's for kicks while I was at it. DESTINY #1 STAT.

Best of luck!
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I think I did this right.

Quote:Cristovao di Silvio (Human Paladin)

Strength: 20 (+2)(+2)= 24
Agility: 20 (-3) = 17
Stamina: 20 (+2)(+2)= 24
Intellect: 20 (+5)= 25
Spirit: 20 (+1)(+1)(+6) = 28
Personality: 20 (+3) = 23
Destiny: 20 = 20
Fortitude: (+2)(+2)
Reflex: (?)
Will: (+1)(+5)(+2)

[Every Man For Himself]: A human's maximum Intervention Points starts at seven instead of three, and they regain spent cards twice as effectively as everyone else. They also begin play with a number of additional skill points dependent on Spirit.

[Diplomacy]: +5 expertise bonus to Politics, Subterfuge, and Socialize rolls.

[The Human Spirit]: Spirit modifier is considered one point higher than it otherwise would be.

[Military Tradition]: +5 expertise bonus to attacks made with a sword; +1 expertise bonus to defending with a shield.

Traits:
Will of Mithril **
Meitative Mind *
Polygot **
Adamantine Fortitude **
Natural Immunity *
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Hmmmm...

Considering how close Blackstone Whiteshore and Tress have worked, and considering how Anna has recently gotten more involved in helping her cousin...

Do you mind if I make a sheet for whatifs?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Oh, I helped inspire something.
COOL
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
(04-26-2012, 04:53 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: Hmmmm...

Considering how close Blackstone Whiteshore and Tress have worked, and considering how Anna has recently gotten more involved in helping her cousin...

Do you mind if I make a sheet for whatifs?

GO FER IT
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Half a decade. Man, I'm old. Psychyn 7 1,577 06-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Two and a Half years..I suppose that's something. Ruibarra 0 759 01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Ruibarra
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  All, right, let's have it: Half-breed children born IC. ImagenAshyun 30 7,649 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums