The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Guys! I need help connecting! [Mikey is a nubface and can't read]
Okay. So. I have the server. I've re-downloaded WoW. I read Shadowmourne's guide and the global announcement, and did everything it told me to.

But everytime I try to connect, it automatically tries to patch to 4.0.1! I renamed the launcher, and deleted the update file 3.xx.xx. or whatever - 4.0.1.[random other numbers].

I want to punch Arthas' face in everytime I open the launcher. Maybe it'll get me kingslayer if I break my computer.

Enough with the silliness! I have tried and read everything that I could find (on CotH, that is), but when I open the launcher, it doesn't let me play. It automatically turns the options/play button bar into a downloading bar and I'M SO MAD I WANT TO PUNCH BABIES UGH.

Help a poor nub out, please?
Don't use the launcher! Open WoW from the .exe so it doesn't try to patch you/set your realm list to the default for retail.

Also make sure your realm list IS set to COTHs, opening it from the launcher may have messed it up.
Alright, checking it now! Thanks so much for the help.<3
Let us know if it works! Also, in the future, threads like these should go into the 'Technical Support' section of the forums so all the techy guys on the server can flock to it [See: Kretol].
Reigen. Reigen Reigen Reigen.<3

I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER.

'Kay. Now that I have that out, I would like to say thank you, and I'll remember to put things like this in the Support forum from now on.<3

I AM. SO EXCITED.<3
Glad I could help! If you have any questions in the future feel free to hit me up over the forums or in-game and I'll help you or direct you to a person who can!

<3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem connecting to Wiki Whorak 3 1,189 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Whorak
  Connecting and Installing WoW Rythorne 20 3,101 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Connecting to COTH Juzin94 2 803 08-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Juzin94
  Need help connecting to the server. MadMudMan 1 681 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Please read over this, and reply as soon as possible. DarkLordOdin 2 751 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Areninekay