The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

5/12/12 - Server Computer Kaboom
So it seems the server computer has died. Specifically, after doing some testing and trying to isolate any particular components, I'm fairly certain the motherboard (or possibly the CPU) has died. >.<
I already tried testing every component including the PSU, but as of now when the computer tries to boot up, it runs for about 5-10 seconds and then simply shuts off - not even a POST beep or display on the monitor. The CPU fan itself spins up for a few seconds then shuts off, with the computer itself running for a few more seconds before completely shutting off.

So, I'm in a bit of a predicament! I'm somewhat surprised it lasted so long, considering the tower (well, CPU/mobo) I'm using is probably about... well, the CPU itself is a 2005 model. It was my main gaming computer for a couple years, and then I started using it as a server in 2007-ish. Ever since, it's been running pretty much 24/7. Not too bad, I think! Now I'll just have to see what I want to do with replacing it.

Unfortunately, we're coming up to the weekend so if I order parts to build they'll likely arrive on Mon/Tue. Therefore, we'll have a four-day vacation! Hehe. Furthermore, this is actually an opportune time because I've been wanting to switch to Linux, and with this occurring it's almost as if it's meant to be! Computer geeks, please refer to this thread for Linux chatter (I has questions).

TL;DR - Computer died. Several days inevitable downtime.
Owned.

:3
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
What am I gona do all weekend?

This.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Good luck with all that.

Ol' girl sure did do pretty good for being as old as she was.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

...My question is! Is all the info for our characters going to be there are do we have to remake? *doesn't know how the files for the server are saved hurrdurr*
This makes me a sad panda. ;_;
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
(05-12-2012, 12:11 AM)Reigen Wrote: ...My question is! Is all the info for our characters going to be there are do we have to remake? *doesn't know how the files for the server are saved hurrdurr*

...That would be crazy on my end... 33 characters to remake... By the gods, I pray there's a separate DB. Or that the Hard Drive can be salvaged for the DB on it.

But here's to a new or fixed comp!

A little sorry for the PC, tho'. To me, they always seem like they're alive. Back when I was little, I cried so much when my 286, and the Pentium 2 after it died(I was so envious of other kids having 486 PCs and I waited until the Pentium 2 came out to one-up 'em...). We actually managed to resurrect the Pentium, and it still runs, but I think we gave it off. Yes, I treat machines like pets. Thankfully, comps are fixable!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
If his hard drives are still fine, none of our data should be touched. And most likely, if it's just the CPU or mobo, the HDD's are fine. He'll be able to tranfer that data to the new operating system too.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

LoL the whole weekend it is then!
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Perfect timing, exam on monday...
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
And Diablo III coming out... well, Tuesday! I hope I don't get distracted...
(05-12-2012, 12:22 AM)Rensin Wrote: If his hard drives are still fine, none of our data should be touched. And most likely, if it's just the CPU or mobo, the HDD's are fine. He'll be able to tranfer that data to the new operating system too.

Correct! All the server-related data is stored on one SSD, and backups are made daily/weekly of the characters/world databases and stored on a separate HDD. Furthermore, copies of those backups are uploaded to an online storage backup automatically.
NOOOOOOES~ The minecraft server is down too! :(

I wish I had extra to help out with getting the server back ASAP. I down WANNA download a real life!
... Big fat IC RP thread for the following days?
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
(05-12-2012, 12:44 AM)Vee Wrote: Perfect timing, exam semestrial testpaper on monday...
Damn Romania's learning is strange.