The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shadow Hunters
Well, I've been searching around now that the servers down and I've been looking up lore for most races. And I stumbled upon the trolls. I can't remember which was the un-playable. Forest, or jungle? If jungle, ignore the rest of this.

So I've stumbled upon Shadow Hunters, and I have to say they seem quite interesting. So the question is whether they're playable. If so, expect a profile of one sooner or later.
Neither are unplayable, but forest trolls require a CMC.

Shadow Hunters are playable. You'd pick Shaman as the base class, since their abilities are in line with what a Shaman is capable of.
Fair enough. Would they be a special profile seeing as though they seem to be quite sacred? A quote from the wow wiki to make sense of that statement.

Quote:Their intrinsic connection with the Loa and their strong faith in the traditional religion of the jungle trolls make shadow hunters veritable paragons of the faith. Thus, most jungle trolls view shadow hunters as the sacred keepers of their ancient beliefs.

Nope.

Paladins are revered in human culture.
Shaman are revered in tauren culture.
Tinkerers are revered in gnome culture.

It's okay to be revered, as long you don't command military force or wield political might.
Also, Jungle Trolls are the Darkspear, for instance.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
(05-15-2012, 05:47 AM)Delta Wrote: Nope.

Paladins are revered in human culture.
Shaman are revered in tauren culture.
Tinkerers are revered in gnome culture.

It's okay to be revered, as long you don't command military force or wield political might.

Well they seem to be like Witch Doctors as advisers to clan leaders, which in turn would command a military force. So indirectly they hold both. A quote from the wowwiki again
Quote: Witch doctors and shadow hunters act as spiritual and legislative leaders, judging matters of law and handling administrate duties.

(05-15-2012, 05:48 AM)Rowgen Wrote: Also, Jungle Trolls are the Darkspear, for instance.

I actually just read that. Goes to show how much I know about trolls @~@
Jungle: Darkspear
Forest: Amani, for example

Anyway Shadow Hunters get as much respect and what not as a Witchdoctor, so no one will treat them as an average 'grunt' but rather "You want me to do something? K bro" kinda attitude.

Also shamans are also revered by Orcs.

Edit: Another way to see Shadow Hunters if you're still confused is: Witchdoctors combined with Head Hunters, since they're actually a bit of both.
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
(05-15-2012, 05:54 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Well they seem to be like Witch Doctors as advisers to clan leaders, which in turn would command a military force. So indirectly they hold both.

That depends on the individual. If you want to roll an adviser, that'd probably be a special profile. If not, shadow hunter's just a variant class.

To make a quick and dirty comparison, paladins held major sway in recent wars, and were advisers to the likes of monarchs. However, you can roll a paladin who holds no such power or influence over the military.

(Vol'jin is a shadow hunter, by the by.)
Well my plan is to roll one to test the class style out/learn troll speak. Then he may or may not become an adviser. RP goes where it will after all. I suppose if ICly he did end up an adviser I would make amends to his profile and put it in special correct?
That, or you could advance his progression to that rank through IC posts. We've allowed something similar for blood elf magistrates, I think.

Just a GM know what you're doing so they can monitor it, and that should be all right.
Alright, I'll do so if an when it begins.
9/10 Witch doctors are advisers. And Shadow Hunters are just a step above a Witch doctor. I don't remember whether Sen'jin was a Witch Doctor or Shadow Hunter to be honest. Like if you put two average soldiers (not Lieutenants or Knight Captains or anything) next to an average paladin, the paladin will count as the leader among them. Maybe not officially but he's seen as a leading symbol, just like that it's with Shadow Hunters among the Trolls.

In a probably bad way to put it; Shadow Hunter is like the Troll Paladin.. In a way.. Sort of. But before anyone corrects me just think of their lore, how they act etc and then Paladins. At the core, at the main thing, they're .. The same, sort of. Man I shouldn't be giving these talks when I'm mostly asleep ..
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
(05-15-2012, 06:30 AM)Drak Wrote: 9/10 Witch doctors are advisers. And Shadow Hunters are just a step above a Witch doctor. I don't remember whether Sen'jin was a Witch Doctor or Shadow Hunter to be honest. Like if you put two average soldiers (not Lieutenants or Knight Captains or anything) next to an average paladin, the paladin will count as the leader among them. Maybe not officially but he's seen as a leading symbol, just like that it's with Shadow Hunters among the Trolls.

In a probably bad way to put it; Shadow Hunter is like the Troll Paladin.. In a way.. Sort of. But before anyone corrects me just think of their lore, how they act etc and then Paladins. At the core, at the main thing, they're .. The same, sort of. Man I shouldn't be giving these talks when I'm mostly asleep ..

Informative none the less! All of this is helping with the profile making of Ru'sur.

Another note, it says they use fel glaives. Is there such an item IG?
Sen'jin was a witch doctor. Vol'jin was a shadow hunter. They were leaders of their people anyways.

Rokhan, however. Rexxar's old troll buddy (If I remember his name right) was just a Darkspear soldier that happened to be a shadow hunter under Thrall's command. Just as an example. Rokhan had no true political power, otherwise Rexxar wouldn't have been -so- alone all over the place.
Shadow Hunter is -the- highest title and honour a troll can have apart from emperor of an empire. They are -way- more revered than any other voodoo mystic. Why? They channel the lwa, they are walking manifestations of the troll gods. (This however is what makes them hard to RP.) Compare it to witch doctors that can manipulate the spirit in things such as stones and gizzards that no other mystic would and hexxers that call upon and agitate lesser spirits, lastly troll clergy that call upon the loa but pleads them and devote their life to one single deity.

They are also, much like the Zandalar Tribe before Cataclysm, protectors of their culture and keep tabs on their and other tribes history. They are actually known to be among the few trolls that grasp a written language. Shadow Hunters are also rare and it's rare for a tribe to have more than one and not all tribes have a shadow hunter, in the Darkspear had two for a time when father taught son (until Blizzard messed up the class by adding loads of SH NPCs).

Something I had a hard time understanding about them first was how they attained their powers... but they are simply chosen ones, favoured souls that get noticed by the greater spirits of troll life. They are physically fit, mentally sharp and have a fiery passion burning for their people and the spirits, they do not require previous training in voodoo or much knowledge about it but I guess it woudln't hurt. My own thinking on this is the lwa would only choose a vessel worthy of their attention and that goes for the physical aspects as well. (Voodoo mystics tend not to be as fit as a head hunter or axe thrower.)

For those of you with an interest and knowledge on voodoo, when a shadow hunter dons his rush'kah he becomes a cheval. It means horse or in this case "mounted/ridden" by a spirit. That someone channeling would attain the greatest status is something Blizzard has added and does not come from vodoun.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legal/Public Status of Shadow Users c0rzilla 28 7,222 01-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Shadow Envoy and me. Osvaldas 0 720 06-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Osvaldas
  If all your characters were hunters, what pet would they have? Dae 16 3,033 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Need help roleplaying a shadow priest Daggermouth 6 3,593 10-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Demon Hunters and death? PvtFrog 3 1,269 01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Rigley