The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

My first steps into an adventurous new world.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Let me introduce myself. I'm Thomas as you might've guessed though online I often go by the alias of Thoma or Thoma0. I've been an avid gamer since my very early youth (I like to brag that my first toy was a computer keyboard with a red and blue light on either side as a baby). The name Thoma originated from the earlier Zelda handheld games where you could only use five letters. As such the name forever stuck.
Other then that I'm fairly laid back. I like to a world unfold in front of my eyes. As such stories have always driven me be it either RP, another type of game, a book, a movie or history. Stories is what makes me sit down from the moment I wake till the moment I fall over from lack of sleep. I'm fairly introvert and can't handle groups well. That doesn't mean I won't try, but I always feel an uncertainty. However when I feel accepted I try to be as loyal as can be.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the Netherlands, born and raised. While I believe Dutch to be my main language I've written and spoken so much English in the last few years I actually have problems remembering a how to say a word in Dutch I can perfectly remember in English. I do have the silly Dutch accent though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend introduced me to it in 2003 at a sleepover. After I kept playing it at home. As for WoW I used to play Runescape, but a friend gave me WoW for my birthday. While initially I was skeptical the forests of Kalimdor drew me in and never let me go. I stopped retail 1.5 years ago after they once again broke promises with Firelands patch and I don't intend to go back until Blizzard can provide me the raid environment I desire.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As stated above. Blizzard took the fun out of raiding for me. However back then I was already fully inducted into roleplay on Argent Dawn EU. So it kept me searching. I was satisfied with another private server, but not enjoying the atmosphere it put down and the tedious circlejerks I decided to jump ship with a friend and find greener shores here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Is it cliché if I say all kinds? Because if that's the case... I'm sorry, but I will say it anyway.
All kinds, from nearly every race to every type of RP. Doesn't mean I will do all of it though. I can't for example RP Dwarves or Gnomes and I have a dislike for Humans (Why RP what you can be in real life).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is by far the Trolls. Though I have always liked both Night Elves and Blood Elves as well. As far as classes go I don't really have a preference. Though I do have an affinity for Paladins as I used to RP a Blood Elf Argent Crusader back on retail. Also I try to steer away from the "It either is holy or it is bad." archetype that lingers among so many of them. I try to make him feel more Humane (Elfane?) by giving him negative traits without directly going against the whole concept of a Paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Not more I expect from any other place in all honesty. I feel that quality of RP is pretty balanced wherever I go. There are a few bad RPers many good RPers and some Great RPers. The reason I prefer a private server over retail though is for the simple reason that it is catered to RPers in both community and leadership.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, as someone who is rather introvert fitting into groups can be rather hard. Which means I often end up feeling alone. As such added hostility by disrespectful people is the least I wish to add to my bag of bothers. Though don't make this think of me as soft-skinned. While easily disgruntled it will require an organized forum movement to break my will.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Darkness... He felt surrounded by it. Creeping closer and enveloping his body. He tried to fight it, flailing his arms left and right and kicking into every possible direction. However it didn't subside. He heard himself scream, but it felt the sound came from a million miles away. Then he heard footsteps nearing. Despite the veil clawing it's way up his body he looked ahead to see who neared. Suddenly a dim eerie blue glow awakened in the room where he was in. He saw the shadow of the person nearing. Preparing himself as he stepped out of the-
Tyriandar woke up with an agonized growl as he was rudely awakened by a plate boot that had kicked against his shoulder. "Wake up!" he heard trough the background murmuring, did he detect panic in the voice? His body was sticking against the shirt he fell asleep in. Apparently he had been sweating heavily during the night. He felt cold as he had kicked off the sheets in his troubled dreams. "I said wake up!" The voice insisted more urgently. "We are under attack!" and that was the true wake up call. His body jolted upwards putting himself seated. His pointy ears perking upwards instinctively. The noises that seemed like murmuring suddenly sounded clearer. The clashing of metal, Commands echoing trough the icy air. Gunshots accommodated by the smell of gunpowder that penetrated the -now- open tent and above it all he smelled the dead. However the worst part wasn't smelling them. It was -hearing- them.

He pushed himself to his feet and quickly look for his arms. Thankfully that only took a moment as he always placed his trusty sword and shield at the same spot before sleeping. He looked over his feet and noticed the human who had so rudely broken the moment of reveal. The black tabard with the white sun proudly adorned atop of his armour. "I'll be right there! Go aid our brethren!" Tyriandar spoke to the man. As he did his best to collect and put on his chainmail he remembered the events of the previous day. A group of twenty was issued to investigate the claims of the dread fortress Naxxramas entering the Eastern Plaguelands. He hadn't been very excited to go see it, but duty came first and if one was allowed to skip it due to fear of the Scourge. Then nothing would've ever gotten done. No matter how brave they would sound the night before as they drank ale over a fire. Once in the field the fear of dying was always there, however that wasn't what they feared most. Most of all they feared becoming like their foes and that's what had happened yesterday. They walked into an ambush and they just barely managed to escape, almost all fine. However three of them weren't so lucky and their fates had been unknown. Though unspoken no one doubted they wouldn't see them back again. Well... not alive at least, but right now his focus should be on the task at hand.

He hurried out sword in one hand and shield in the other. He looked around and noticed they were surrounded. Their camp was positioned on a rise against a mountain wall south of Stratholme. A makeshift barricade build from wooden spikes was all stood between them and the dangerous world outside of it. Right now he couldn't feel more grateful for it. As valiant defenders stood behind it. Using the hill and the spikes to keep their enemies at bay. It seemed losses were a bare minimum as the fighting had just started. However on the Scourge it's side they had received somewhat of a dent.

As the corpses of ghouls and skeletons littered the barricade and even inside of the camp. One Ghoul had run blind into a spike. Clawing aimless into the air as he tried to continue pressing forward, forcing the spike in deeper. If it weren't for the situation at hand it would've looked rather amusing to Tyriandar. Discarding useless thoughts he stormed into the fray with a cry of fury. To the left and right three more Argents joined up, also awakened from their slumber. His first opponent was a zombie. His body had started rotting, but it seemed fairly fresh compared to his usual opponent. The beast rushed towards Tyriandar with a hungry sounding moan. The Blood Elf raised his shield infront of his chest, one foot behind to strengthen his position as the undead flailed his right arm in a large arc forward. His left making a grabbing motion as it lunged straight for the Argents throat. Tyriandar responded without a moments though. Whenever in combat he had learned to rely on his instincts rather then his mind. His body ducking lightly to the right behind the shield before he sends the mix of metal and wood towards the left arm that was going straight for him. With a loud crack he heard the bones shatter before the dislocated arm slammed into the chest of the zombie. He let his body step back as quickly as his weighted down body would allow it. The right fetid hand grabbing the air where an Elf had been just a moment before causing the zombie to tumble lightly forward. The opening presented was not ignored and with a clean slash a black goo started running out of the hole where the biceps once connected the shoulder to the elbow. Tyriandar grinned as the Zombie howled. He would never know if it was from surprise or if the thing felt pain as he brought his sword back from the left side. Using the momentum of his last swing to decapitate his foe as he sword returned to the proper side. The head rolled of the body into the dirt before the body itself collapsed. He went back to face his next opponent as to his left and right Argents were fighting. Dwarves reloading their guns as both men and elf held the front with sword, shield and axe. Two paladins, the pride of this unit. Held themselves off against an Abomination who had created a gap in the ample defenses with it's sizable body and weaponry. Lightning, fire and ice provided a spectacular show above the battlefield as three magi tried to crash the Gargoyle's that flew overhead the defenders. In a nicer setting it would've looked like a ball. However every participant moved to the sound of slaughter and did the dance of death.

Slowly, but surely the numbers started the dwindle and it seemed that while they were in the heart of the Scourge it's conquered territory. They might've been able to escape their demise. Though hope suddenly seemed scarce as rumbling suddenly came from below. The defender caught unaware as several giant Nerubians broke from the floor and flanked the combatants. Tyriandar turned and came face to face to one of these monstrosities. "Stand back you be-!" was all he managed to cry out as he threw up his shield up in vain. A single stroke from one of the legs had already been in movement and struck the Elf across the face. Causing his body to come from the earth as a ragdoll for a brief moment before it came crashing down. His eyes seemed to tumble in his head as he looked to his right. The battle seemed to have turned in the blink of an eye. Ghouls relishing in delight as several of them walked over a defender, biting merciless into the poor mans body as he screamed from agony. Beyond that he saw one of the paladins being impaled in the shoulder by a large infected cleaver while the other screamed his name. Next to him suddenly a man dropped to the earth from great distance. It seemed like a magi who's face had been clawed off mostly before the gargoyle decided to drop it's meal. He wanted to get up... he wanted to fight... but then nothing.

He woke momentarily. Feeling himself dragged along the floor as he heard the skittering of insects all around him. Was he in a cave? he though to himself. Then he passed out again.

He woke again. He believed he was in a room. He heard moans of other people. Were they people? He was unsure. In the room next to him he heard screams. Perhaps some sort of ritual. However the lack of food and water caused him to fall back to darkness once more.

"Wh-Where am I!" He looked around him in panic as he shook awake. He let out a cry in fear as he felt something envelop him. He looked down and for a moment he could not believe the position he was in. Starting to flail his arms and legs around before he was surrounded.
By darkness....

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope you enjoyed a taste of my creative writing. Last of all, I came here with the intention of joining alongside a friend of mine who made an application earlier today. My hope is that we will both get accepted together so we can face whatever is out there together.

With friendly regards.
Thoma.
Hello Thoma, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story. Quite well-written, and refreshingly detailed - as was the entire introduction, actually. I hope yourself and your friend have a good time here.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me or anyone else on the Forum Helper or GM team if you have any further queries, and we'll do our best to answer.
Oh, I like you. You remind me a bit of somebody else I know. *Glances at Flammos.* And we seem to share the "Why RP something you can be in RL" motto.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
/glances back. It's true.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  <?php echo "Hello World!"; ?> Neutrino 2 713 05-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Neutrino
  Hello World! cristime95 cristime95 7 1,408 10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  ~ Stepping to a new world ~ Raizen 4 828 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Raizen
  All the World is a Stage, and Doublehex is a Mere Player Doublehex 3 931 08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Doublehex
  Hello world! Snikzod here. Snikzod 1 785 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Zanzibar