The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Felfire Club
Whether driven by misguided optimism or plain idiocy, an individual has – through proxy – begun to circulate invitations throughout the major Alliance and Horde settlements. Each invitation is hand-written and on thick, plain paper stock folded in an equally plain envelope sealed with wax.

The invitation was sent to people known for their opinionated nature and their interest in occult or otherwise taboo fields of study. However, as with all widely publicized things, the invitation’s contents were soon leaked to rakes, vagabonds and sin-seekers.

[Image: 2lkg1om.jpg]

An OOC Explanation

The Felfire Club is a weekly In-character event series (Rather than an inclusive guild) that revolves around discussions and debates on thought-provoking, often taboo, topics. It’s designed in much the same way as the sinful and mischevious Wharton’s Hellfire Club, with debating and discussion elements taken from TEDtalks. It is an open secret society, where individuals can enjoy the company of one another while discussing topics that are interesting or relevant to their passions.

To explain quickly, the group is not evil. The Club’s does not seek to advance some grand agenda with these events, nor use its influence to move towards some new world order. The Felfire Club is designed to provide player characters the chance to speak freely on topics that fascinate them and define their personalities. Beyond serving as a venue for all people, regardless of their alignment or class, the group will also provides a casual atmosphere for individuals of a neutral or evil persuasion – two groups inherently isolated from the outside world because of their secretive nature - to meet and socialize.

Because of the open and less-than-hidden nature of the group, anyone can attend their events. People will only be kicked out of the discussions if they are violent, rude or are hindering the progression of a peaceful and amicable debate.

During each weekly event a player character will be selected at random from a pool of applicants to lead the discussion. These moderators will be allowed a minimum of fifteen minutes to present to the group on a topic of their choosing. The presentation can be as simple as a discussion or as complex as audience participation and rituals. After the presentation’s conclusion the audience will be allowed to ask the presenter questions.

Refreshments and other amenities will be provided for those who wish to enjoy luxuries beyond friendly banter.

If this event series turns out to be popular we’ll expand them to include non-discussion elements. Attendees can expect in the near future small non-combat events, parties, scavenger hunts and romps across Azeroth.

TL;DR

Where

The Catacombs, which is located under Roleplay Locations in the OOC Portal.

When
The next event is Sunday, January 6 at 1:00 p.m. Server Time

Week's Topic

Lordaeron Eternal: Who Owns This Ancient Land?

What

A discussion and socialization group that debate taboo and thought-provoking topics.

Why

Provide intellectually stimulating RP for evil and neutral characters on the server, as well as give depths to characters that would otherwise not get the chance.

Who

Anyone, so long as they are respectful and follow the rules laid out by the Conductress at the beginning of each meeting.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I love this idea, and I should be able to make it to the opening.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I really like this idea, but I will not be able to attend. If you ever host one on a Monday or Tuesday, a character of mine will certainly be there.

Good luck!
No invitation for Sangreala's pet Orc? :(
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I mean, I could be there.
Just to note, I edited the main post a little bit to stress the point that all people, regardless of alignment, are encouraged to attend.
(06-22-2012, 08:15 AM)Rowgen Wrote: No invitation for Sangreala's pet Orc? :(

Garmfais invites himself to parties!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
May I ask if tea will be served during the debates? If so, I will be there!

On a more serious note, I will probably, hopefully, be able to attend for awhile!
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
(06-22-2012, 12:10 PM)Zarquon Wrote: May I ask if tea will be served during the debates?

What do you take me for, a heathen?

Also I've just confirmed that the first speaker will be Muhaha, with a tentative plan of following him with a spirited debate lead by aroes.
I cannot make the first event, but I would love to bring Noria to one of these! Maybe her apprentice too.
It wasn't easy, but those familiar with the Catacombs will find the tavern slightly changed for this weekends meeting.

Also, for those interested in speaking at later events, we will have more information during the event tomorrow.
Also, it's encouraged that characters attend wearing the most gaudy things they can find. Tier sets, things that are really colorful etc. Red, blue, and gold seem to be the main colors.
The event will be held today at 2 p.m. No changes to the schedule.

Aroes and Muhaha have been confirmed as speas. Come to hear them speak and enjoy a bite to eat at the hedonistic Felfire Club.
Ms. Caravan Fairwinds, the Most Interesting Gnome in the World and Adventurer Extraordinaire, shall be in attendance to this most esteemed gathering of individuals of the evil and neutral persuasion.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
... Everyone shall be spoken at! And stuff.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bay Club's Week-o'-Fun Rosencrat 13 2,470 07-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  The Booty Bay Social Club Rosencrat 5 2,079 07-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Absurdkoala
  The Felfire Club Rosencrat 72 11,754 08-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Felfire Presents: Sinner's Ball Rosencrat 24 4,486 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Psychyn