The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Looking for past relations for a DK
Belves really aren't my thing, as I typically wind up getting into uncomfortable and unfun situations or just plain getting them killed super-quick. Still, I think I've found a concept for a blood elf that I like. (Maybe its 'cause she's already dead and there's only so much more you can mess up about that XD)

I'm roughing out the idea for Pelendine, a dour Death knight-turned-physical therapist who takes on particularly tough cases, using her Blood (and sometimes Frost) powers to handle swelling and administer temperature-related therapy on a magical level. While she's good at her work, she's in it as much for attoning for her service to the Lich King as much as being involved in their suffering (though in a controlled and ultimately helpful manner) helps her deal with a lingering death knighy bloodlust. (Though she'll never admit it) She's generally distant and will associate with anyone willing to work with her tough methods regardless of race or faction on a purely business level, but was much warmer in life. I'm thinking that having associations from her past will help her to open up and develop as a character.
I'm mostly looking for friends (elven or even Alliance characters from when belves were helves) and non-immediate relations, like cousins, uncles, etc. I haven't decided on a surname nor past profession, so if you're interested in having been a former work associate or would like her to be a relative to your elf, that'd be cool, too.
(07-02-2012, 11:34 PM)Dae Wrote: (Maybe its 'cause she's already dead and there's only so much more you can mess up about that XD)

Ah so true for me. I have a Death Knight grandma, Azalea, who struggles with the loss of important family members throughout her life. Now that she's undead, she finds trying to reconnect with her family difficult, if not impossible. They could know each other either before or during (shudder) their 'service' to the Lich King. Or perhaps she has been a client of Pelendine?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
(07-03-2012, 04:20 AM)Ural Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 11:34 PM)Dae Wrote: (Maybe its 'cause she's already dead and there's only so much more you can mess up about that XD)

Ah so true for me. I have a Death Knight grandma, Azalea, who struggles with the loss of important family members throughout her life. Now that she's undead, she finds trying to reconnect with her family difficult, if not impossible. They could know each other either before or during (shudder) their 'service' to the Lich King. Or perhaps she has been a client of Pelendine?
The Dead would prolly not have much use for physical therapy, but their knowing each other could work. Pelendine tends to keep it on the down low that she's a death knight, claiming to be a cryomancer in general company. Having a friend from life who went through the same thing she did with the Lich King could make for a good sort of "War buddy."
Noria is a therapist as well! She uses shadow to deal with mental damage/issues/stability and does simple physical treatment for wounds while numbing the pain with shadow.

They ought to get along and discuss stories and tactics to deal with clients.
(07-04-2012, 09:31 AM)McKnighter Wrote: Noria is a therapist as well! She uses shadow to deal with mental damage/issues/stability and does simple physical treatment for wounds while numbing the pain with shadow.

They ought to get along and discuss stories and tactics to deal with clients.
Pelendine also deals with migraines, as a lot of them have to do with a change in blood pressure in the brain. Would they know each other before hand, her death, or meet out of an intersection in work?
They could've known each other before hand, depending on her status before (un)death. Noria was a pretty outgoing noble before the Second War, Third War is when she turned to the medical field.

If that doesn't really suit, they could've met after death.
Grenalin Coldwind is always looking for an elven friend that's a character that was the high elf (back in the second war) that granted him a bottle of Silvermoon Sunwine for fighting off at the Horde. Could be possible. Dunno. Friendships like that could endure past age and death, right?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pleasant Tripp - looking for someone who remembers his past Geoni 6 1,150 04-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Agald's past interests. Kage 0 531 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Kage
  A Blademaster in training's friend form the past! Kage 9 1,758 03-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Kage
  People from the past FlyingSquirrel 4 1,043 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  A singing past Saiyuu 0 616 03-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Saiyuu