The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Appleflow Family
[Image: d4cia.gif]

The first Appleflow was a man who grew apples so good, that fellers started callin' him 'Appleflow.' Cause' they'd practically flow from the trees when he touched them. His name was Robert; my great-great-great grandaddy. Pretty undisturbed for awhile. But when the Defias came on up, they started burning our orchards, askin' fer 'protection' money. Which is why I'm calling every one of you to come on back to where it all started. We have to do our part. Where the army's failed, we'll pick up the slack. There ain't any more room to give a lick and a promise. So shut yer tater trap and grab yer gun; there's work to do.

[Image: 28l7whf.png]

The Appleflow Family is primarily a family guild, as the title would suggest. The focus is to protect land owned by the Appleflow family and assist the local militia in most tasks. Fight the Defias, keep the Gnoll population under control. Or just common work on the plantation. Exploring or doing work in the family's name, looking for money, and common betterment for the family. Those kinds of things; all while trying to return Westfall to some form of normalcy.

Roles Within the Family

Matriarch/Patriarch

A tradition; the Matriarch and Patriarch are the ones in charge. Though tradition of the family dictates that they share equal power, over time it has changed. The current Matriarch, for example, is in charge of the money, and what politics and negotiating the family is involved in. The Patriarch, in turn, is in control of basic supplies and defense of the land owned by the family, and other military actions. Aside from these 'perks,' however, they are equal in every decision and tend to make them together if both are present.
Spoiler:
[Image: 34oq8wn.jpg]
Old Folk

Elders of the family give their opinions openly, and are often heard. Comprised of mothers, fathers, members of the clergy, or just farmers long retired, they hold their own leverage in family politics. Although everyone speaks their mind in the family, old folk tend to be heard a lot more often for the experiences they've had.

Clergy

Members of the church, traveling priests, and paladins have made their home in the family. Although some aren't affiliated with the church, this is often considered a technicality within the family, and whether they are with the church or not, they are still dubbed clergy.

Relative

Aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, the third cousin. The backbone of the family, certainly; for without them, there would be no family, and no work would be done. These are the members of the family that aren't really either with the clergy, and aren't as old as the Old Folk. Most have a lot to learn.

Shotguneer

Those who do most of the fighting. Although they're generally members of the family with crude firearms and swords, they get the job of fighting done.

Cornshucker

Farmhands, cooks, ranchers; members of the family who work a lot more then fight. As opposed to normal relatives however, they aren't as roundabout in their duties; often specializing in work in place of fighting.

Newly-Sworn

Those whom have recently sworn their lives to the family; they will choose what their role is in the family after a short period; during this time they experience each role in the family.

Initiate

The newest of the new. These people aren't even regarded as members of the family, but are those that wait to swear their lives.

Joining

OOC

OOCly? Send me a message on the forums or a /tell in-game. I suppose you could PM the others as well, if I'm not on; they'll send me a message in-game, I'm sure.

IC

Joining the family IC is a process, to be short. If your character is born into the family, the below isn't necessary, however...

Those ICly wishing to join the family will have to ask Eliza, Markuss, or anyone else, really. Then the family will discuss if said person should be allowed to be in the family. If decided yes, the person wishing to join will be an Initiate and test out the family; see if it's alright for them. If they've gotten through, then they swear on a tome of the light, and then eat a huge meal with the rest of the family assured to be gone within minutes. Then, an activity of the Newly-Sworn's choice.

Rules

Really, server rules are all that is needed in this guild, apart from a few 'rules of engagement,' the guild has.

1. This is an Alliance guild, I doubt it will change to a neutral one any time soon.

2. Open warlocks aren't going to be accepted. If they're hidden, fine.

3. That's all there is.
The guild thread is complete. Discussion is taking place between the members about the first line of events to kick-start the guild.
To make this known to all guild members; I need to know what times are convenient for all of you. What times would an event be convenient? (Server times when you are most active, etc.) Please, do tell me!
Westfall Blues, Chapter 1

Wyatt hadn't shown up to work for three days. A usually quiet man whom had a love for drink. A farmhand, he hardly had anything exciting happen in his life. But missing for three days? Markuss had to investigate this. So, he set out to the farmhand's house. A simple home. Markuss tried to force the door open, only to find that it was not locked. Odd for a man like Wyatt. Markuss was stunned to find blood dripping from the loft. He slowly ascended, only to have the body of Wyatt fall to the ground, the corpse's face in a puddle of blood. The man's body evidently showed penetration via blade. Markuss, not knowing this, ran home to tell his family members and anyone else who would listen. Whomever would do this to the seemingly soft-spoken Wyatt?

(Hello there ladies and gentlemen! This is the kick-starter event to the first storyline for the Appleflow family guild! The event will take place on Saturday, September 9th, 4:30 P.M. server time, at Sentinel Hill. (Participants are encouraged to be there an hour early for pre-RP.) Seeing as this takes place in Westfall, it is Alliance only, and no, you don't have to be a guild member. I put a lot of thought into the project, and yes, I did have help from my Guild members. (A LOT.) I won't make a long list or somesuch, but know that I love you guys. (And gals!)
The first event, I am happy to say, was a success! We had over ten people participate! Also, as a side-note, the guild is recruiting. We could use some characters who are related to the family. Cheers!
Westfall Blues, Chapter 2

Year 27, September 10: Dear Journal, New family members are coming in what seems like droves. My old cousin; boy hung onto my coat-tails when he was younger. Now? Well, now, he's back, after some time in prison. Let's just hope we find Wyatt's killer with his help. Though a fellow would ask why in the world he's coming back to Westfall. The whole region's gone to hell.

Important Notes: Buy more black powder, Hunt for those walking fish by the coast, Ask Eliza where I put that flabbergasted shovel, take kids hunting with me

Evidence gathered: Some mighty strong perfume near Wyatt's body. This gives us a damned good piece of evidence for whatever Defias bastard did this. Has to be one of those assassins, except wearing perfume.

(A little scrap from Markuss' diary. Event will take place at Sentinel Hill on Wednesday, September 26th, 4:30 P.M. server time! Those who aren't in the guild are welcome. This event is a wee bit of a break from the mystery and misery that took place in the first event. Mostly time for characters and players to bond before heading back to the mystery.)
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
The event has been postponed due to lack of interest. I will put up a date soon.
I finally got off of my rear and came up with the time for the event! It will take place at Sentinel Hill, and will start at October 6th, 4:30 P.M. server time.
Yay, hopefully nothing falls on my transformer this time. I blame mother nature.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Mother nature is indeed hard to deal with, m'dear sir.
Did somebody say bump? No? I must have been mistaken.
A wee reminder to everyone: Guild event's in about an hour from now!
I endorse this guild.
I'm gonna post it first, Markess.

Bellatrix Appleflow is getting married to Drakeran Lightchaser. Doyle will be the... uh... guy who says you may kiss the bride. It's almost 2AM, I can't think.
Oh dear.. that reminds me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Appleflow Family Event Times Vladdy 20 3,682 03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  The Marcone family Cookie 22 3,321 02-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Cookie