The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hey folks, I'm withteeth.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've enjoyed World of Warcraft since vanilla. All of the aspects; from being immersed in the world, to simply trying to top damage charts. However, one thing I've always yearned for that I have found very lacking on the Blizzard servers is an actual role playing community. Sure, there are some servers with some small amounts of it, but world role play is unseen. Blizzard has created some really great lore, but game play wise, they've completely overlooked a group that are there for more than that. Personally, being an avid player of D&D, different White Wolf series, and other traditional games, I feel that role play can truly make the difference between a good, and a great game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born, and still reside in Canada. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My cousin and I have thoroughly enjoyed the series since the original "Orcs and Humans". Naturally, when we saw that there was going to be a Warcraft MMO, we were ecstatic, and became fans very quickly.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Today, my pre-paid time for World of Warcraft expired. I had been thinking about maybe playing a private server to kill some time, then wondered, "has anyone set up a server that is dedicated to role play?". Googled it, and noticed this website.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy any and all role play. From chatting in taverns, to full blown battles. Anything that adds to the immersion of the world. I enjoy building relationships with people and groups. I tend to avoid OOC chat whenever possible as I like to really get into the mind set of the character that I am playing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Within the Warcraft universe, I have always enjoyed the Forsaken. Their chaotic nature and affinity for anarchy really appeals to me. Also, I like their dark and gloomy architecture. As far as a class goes? I've always naturally been pulled towards the path of a mage. Wielding the power of arcane seems like too cool of an opportunity to pass up. However, being a fan of the Forsaken, rogues are all to suiting to pass up as an ideal class. Hiding in the shadows, giggling manically.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a strong, friendly, committed group of people interested in role play. However, I hope that even though there is an emphasis on role play, that there are opportunities to do things like run dungeons with a group (in character though!). One thing that I am worried about is lore. I hope that the lore provided by Blizzard has been enough for people, and that there are no absurd, out of place, lore concepts that have been added. Also, "god characters" are a concern for me, as I've had to deal with my fair share of them in White Wolf's "Vampire" universe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I find the rules surrounding maturity to be integral to a stable community. If the players themselves can resolve an issue without whining or complaining to a GM -- it shows a great amount of respect not just towards other players, but for oneself as well.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

As she snuck into the bar, concealed by the shadows which had become like the caring arms of a mother, it hit her. An overwhelming myriad of stenches. "Humans...", she thought to herself. They were drinking and stumbling all over each other like animals -- "and yet they claim us to be the beasts in need of slaying."

The bartender caught the rogue's eye immediately, her beauty and grace emanating as she was swarmed by the drunken wolves whom desired more drinks, and perhaps something more. The rogue desired to simply appear from the shadows and mutilate the young girl's face, show her what it is like to loose something which you never thought twice about in an absolutely abrupt manor. However, a contract needed to be filled, and it was better to let them carry on in their ignorance.

Moving quickly and calmly among the chaos, looking at the many faces, she eventually found the one which the customer had described. Old and decrepit, leaning over his stein in a drunken stupor, obviously a regular customer. Quietly positioning herself behind him, hand steady and unwavering, she moved towards his coat pocket, finding within it a rusted key with various markings engraved on it. She quickly pocketed it, glad to be done the task with such ease.

However, she could not shake her malicious desires of disfigurement. She worked her way over to the bar and climbed onto it, revealing herself from her stealthy state. The bar flies panicked at the sight of the rotted walking corpse of a woman that was before them, fumbling for their weapons and stumbling over each other. But before any of them could act upon the intrusion, the rogue quickly and precisely lobbed off the nose of the bar maid who was stuck screaming and startled.

With her prize in hand, the rogue quickly vanished in a cloud of smoke, sprinting out the door and into the cover of night.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really. I am looking forward to being part of the community however, so feel free to say hello!
Hello, withteeth, I'm Caravan (also toothy) and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! While there are cases of "out-there" Lore, we do our best to maintain canon Lore. :)

I can't help but notice that you're a fan of Forsaken! Well, have -I- a guild for -you-! The Black Harvest is not only our largest guild, but it is also a "Fist of Sylvanas" led by Executor Jared Richter (Also known as Sol). If that is something you'd like to look into and learn more about I'm sure Sol would be delighted to answer any questions you might have!

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM (Or Trial GMs) and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hullo, folks. ThatCrazyCowboy 0 538 11-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Last Post: ThatCrazyCowboy
  Howdy Folks! crusty 10 2,048 06-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Last Post: crusty
  Greetings Folks! Dougem 1 719 05-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros