The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Draenic Pilgrimage [ENDED]
[Image: i88eZ.png]

Anchorite Telah Wrote:
To grieve and remain
Much grief has swept over us, the exiled ones, even more so in recent times. And it is for the sake of survival we remain adamant still, but we are undermined by our hearts in a struggle we cannot win. I have seen mothers giving up hope on a second child only to avenge the loss of the first, turning only to face violence and chaos. I shared the grief of so many that I forgot my own.

To mourn is not loss nor weakness. It is remembering those we have lost and honouring their sacrifice to secure our present. I believe that the harbinger seeking only revenge will only find more despair and his own downfall, never peace or contentment.

With this writing as my testament, I shall lead my kindred back to whatever is left of our beloved Draenor. Together shall we visit what was once our homes, pay our respect to our fallen and remember our past. There shall Ahmat, Murar and myself find solace.
With Naaru’s blessing shall I endure.

How and why it all began
The whole thing started out in February of 2010 when I created my first draenei on CotH, anchorite Telah. Racial roleplay as well as activity in draenei areas was scarce, so I decided to put together a small event or two in an attempt to get more draenei around. It grew into the Draenic Pilgrimage (DP for short) which basically is an excuse for anything and everything draenei-related.

A botched portal from Stormwind took the initial pilgrims to Hellfire Peninsula, a month later and the had reached Shattrath and sought shelter at the Infirmary. Together they group have freed krokul slaves in Zangarmarsh, visited the haunted mausoleum Auchindoun and being held captive by orc in Nagrand, among other things!

My vision for the Draenic Pilgrimage is quite straightforward, if twofold. The journey will delve into draenic lore but also events that took place on Draenor before and after its destruction, for example why orcs hold Nagrand so dear. Everyone will be challenged and all will struggle, because I want each character to be changed by their pilgrimage, be they draenei or not. This means travelling by foot, facing an emptying supply of food and risk being swallowed in the muck of Zangarmarsh.

So what’s new?
This time around I won't make elaborate posts or write down what took place during an event for those who missed out. It will be up to players to keep up with what transpires. Most events will have a limit on participants, to keep them manageable and allow everyone a chance to play a part and change the outcome of the story.

Where do I sign up?
Get on your draenei, Light-lover or kind and giving character that wishes to join or aid the Pilgrimage. Track us down in Outland at whatever settlement or camp we're staying at for the time being. Meet, greet and became one of us!
Otherwise get in touch with me: Telah in-game, Bovel on forums.
(Horde characters can join, but will be limited at times due to city guards etc.)

Guidelines
Here comes some guidelines with the purpose to create a challenging atmosphere for our roleplay. They are not set in stone and are not meant to be restrictive to roleplay. Note that certain events and storylines may have additional guidelines or negate one of the below.
IMPORTANT! During an event, ask the Dungeon Master (DM) for permission before ignoring one of these.
  • Portals - The portals in Shattrath are for Shattered Sun and Sha’tar members only! For a steep amount of gold, a portal can be created for you in one of the bigger settlements of Outland. Mages can cast portals but it requires TWO to conjure one and a lesser ritual make a stable portal, due to close proximity to the Twisting Nether. (This does not affect their self-teleportation-ability.)
  • Flying - The skies of Outland are dangerous and not easily taken to! Only the filthy, stinking rich can afford mounts of their own. It’s possible to rent a mount to take you from one settlement to another (Flight Paths) but can only send a few each day.
  • Geography - The world blew up and chances are maps won't be of much help and our characters won't know the way unless very familiar with the area.
  • Funds - The Pilgrimage have nothing in terms of funds. Food, water and other supplies are donated, bought with donations, created by members or bought with coins earned by the pilgrims. Expect a cold shoulder if your character lives in luxury instead of sharing the wealth equally for the cause of the Pilgrimage.
  • The Shattering - Come Cataclysm no news of the Shattering will reach the Pilgrimage, for the purpose of not cancelling the storyline. Either timeskip when your characters is in Outland or have her/him miss out on the Shattering, your choice.

Finale (15/3 -14)
Guided by the purple ata'mal shard, the pilgrims made their way into the inner sanctums of Karabor. A chamber of demons corrupting and torturing draenei and their spirits were found. Their fight to cleanse the place was a heard one and not without losses but in the end they prevailed and by the gift of Spirit's Song they cleansed the chamber and freed the corrupted and restless dead. And so their pilgrimage came to an end only to be the start of an even greater journey...
FULL EPILOGUE COMING SOON!

Ongoing Storylines
None.

Completed Storylines
              The Sixth
              In the shadow of Oshu'gun
              Where do roots go?
              Broken world, broken elements
              Shat K'ure
              Our haunting past (DP finale)
              Through a crystal, darkly