The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Custom Gameobject Patch
So, after going so long without any patches for extra content, I've finally caved. After testing out a custom gameobject patch (Credits go to Dark_Spyro_003 and Razmataz) briefly on the Test server with Rigley, I've decided that support for it is needed! The extra GObjects available opens doors for even more customization, which will be extremely nice.

First, some information. To see any of these added gameobjects, you will need to download a patch from one of the following locations:
patch-D.mpq - CotH
patch-D.mpq - Mirror

Place the patch in your Data folder, which you can find right in your WoW directory. You'll know you're in the right folder if you see other MPQ files such as common.MPQ, expansion.MPQ, lichking.MPQ, patch.MPQ, and so on.
[attachment=2046]

That's all you need to do in order to see the additional gameobjects! Rigley has already been outfitting Northwind with the additional objects, so you'll need this patch in order to participate henceforth. Furthermore, we'll likely be creating an additional category on the teleporter for RP locations where the patch will be required (I don't currently have plans to retrofit existing locations with these objects, as I want the patch to be largely optional Depending on the popularity of current RP locations, I may approve retrofitting locations that don't see use with these new objects to try and generate interest in them).
So...
Does this mean that This opens the door for usermade custom content for CotH, at least with content as easy to patch client-side as the one we're using now?

Because if so, we should totally do this. A subforum or something, for projects/discussions/tutorials, maybe? I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of special hats, masks or weapons/shields, reskins, aura removal, etc.

Just mull it over, Kretol.
If we remove those files from our data folder can we still participate in other Private Servers? (Eternal-WoW)
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(08-04-2012, 05:39 PM)Dae Wrote: So...
Does this mean that This opens the door for usermade custom content for CotH, at least with content as easy to patch client-side as the one we're using now?

Because if so, we should totally do this. A subforum or something, for projects/discussions/tutorials, maybe? I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of special hats, masks or weapons/shields, reskins, aura removal, etc.

No - all this patch does is move over more gameobjects to be spawnable that are already in WoW's data files, and for clients to be able to view them. Essentially, there are thousands of gameobjects that are built-in to the world that are not possible to otherwise add manually (ie, the gameobjects). This patch simply facilities the ability to do just that.
(08-04-2012, 05:41 PM)SunThas Wrote: If we remove those files from our data folder can we still participate in other Private Servers? (Eternal-WoW)

This patch simply provides the necessary data for clients to view these extra gameobjects properly. You shouldn't have any issues with just leaving the patch there, but to minimize any incompatibilities you can delete the patch-D file without any issues (in fact, I'd suggest to just move the patch to another folder when you go on another server so you don't lose it!).
Thank you Kretol!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Possibly to add something added through the patch in let's say OOC area so we can see if the patch is functionable?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(08-04-2012, 07:20 PM)Bovel Wrote: Possibly to add something added through the patch in let's say OOC area so we can see if the patch is functionable?

In Grak's Skin thieves thread they mention this patch along with the custom area Northwind. I'm pretty sure once that area is up and available that will be the place to test this patch out.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Thats a good idea Bovel. Thanks to Rigley and Kretol, can't wait to see Rigley's RP location creations now that this is active. In response to other posts... why would you ever want to go back to another server? I spent about an hour on eternion thinking it might be fun to raid and pvp. Everytime I typed OOC in say I felt like I was sinning. After running into a character named Fartnugget... well you can imagine I didn't stay long. I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks to the staff and player base for such an emersive experience... and cool custom content.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
My body is ready to see all the great new things Rigley will build with so many more house options.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I spy Northrend Forsaken buildings. We needed those. So lovely.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
(08-04-2012, 06:33 PM)Kretol Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 05:39 PM)Dae Wrote: So...

No - all this patch does is move over more gameobjects to be spawnable that are already in WoW's data files, and for clients to be able to view them. Essentially, there are thousands of gameobjects that are built-in to the world that are not possible to otherwise add manually (ie, the gameobjects). This patch simply facilities the ability to do just that.

What about a patch that would use existing wow items/ textures, etc. but change certain variables for that item, like which geoset it uses, if hair is shown or not on a helmet, etc?

Now that I think about it, I should prolly look into something like that for an easy unsupported and client-based patch either way...

I suppose I should go read into the server-side stuff concerning custom content before I start even making requests; I've never actually dealt with not just replacing existing files before.
This is (to my knowledge) the first custom patch we've allowed on CotH; I don't really think we should look to make this a trend; and in any case this is far from user-made content, just content already available in game which is now made usable for our own stuffs.

I don't really want to be responsible for 'opening the floodgates' in any capacity.
(08-04-2012, 10:07 PM)Dae Wrote: What about a patch that would use existing wow items/ textures, etc. but change certain variables for that item, like which geoset it uses, if hair is shown or not on a helmet, etc?

Now that I think about it, I should prolly look into something like that for an easy unsupported and client-based patch either way...

I suppose I should go read into the server-side stuff concerning custom content before I start even making requests; I've never actually dealt with not just replacing existing files before.
It is likely possible if you know how to edit/add resources in the game's data files. For example, I could add an MP3 (say, the one in my signature) to an MPQ file, have everyone download it, and then using the command to play a sound, have everyone hear it that has the patch (or script it in to an NPC or the like). It would also have to be included in the appropriate data file(s) that the server uses.
Any patch that involves custom server-specific content would cause issue for those who wish to play on other servers without installing an additional client on their pc. For some strange reason that seems to be a concern for some users, which explains, I imagine, Kret's hesitance to patch the server. As for modifying variable tags for specific items, I really don't know much on that subject, though I would imagine most of the content of this patch is static in nature.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Lore & Facelift Loxmardin 6 7,737 11-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Custom Lore Poll, Part 2! Grakor456 63 25,145 08-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Last Post: TimtheCannabis
  CoTH Presents: Custom Lore (Maybe) Reigen 35 13,217 08-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Randomzac
  New Custom Model Character Options! JVNemesis 12 4,985 05-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 1 1,439 01-29-2011, 08:41 PM