The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Can I get some clarification on the character death policy?
I mean... The Wiki isn't exactly clear...

Now, I've heard different hearsay about the degree to which the player might have a hand in their own characters' death before the character is not allowed to be resurrected.

Many of you might have known that Flora died via IC post, and when I read the Wiki's blurb on the death policy, I thought we were in the clear for her being revived later, because she wasn't intending on getting herself killed, she just made some very poor judgement calls out of desperation.

But then Rigley brings up the very real possibility that Flora wouldn't be Ress-able because of a conversation she had heard before, in which it had been explained that, in order to be ressurected, another player's character must kill the character. (more or less)
So, then, Flora's death was expanded, via RP, and transcribed into IC post to avoid this issue.

But yeah, at the risk of making policy say Flora has to stay dead, ( :( ) can we get some concrete policy on this matter?
To be as clear as possible: any time your character dies and the death is solely due to the actions of the character's player, the character is not able to be revived. This includes suicide, death by the elements, or death by alt. Revival only works if another player, be it through a character or through direct actions of an event, leads to the character's death.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Death by the elements, and death by alt? What do you mean?
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Death by the elements:
Letting your character die due to their immediate surroundings. No one else is playing a part in your character's death, but you make the choice to let them die because of, say, cold weather or thirst, or hunger. Such things. (If you're in an event and the DM kills your character due to exposure to the elements as part of the event, this doesn't apply. Only if you, yourself, put your character in that situation and let it die.)

Death by alt:
Another one of your own characters has an active part in killing your other character.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  CW and Character Death Discussion Zhaei 26 4,552 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Character Death Mezrin 32 5,747 05-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Kage
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut