The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grakor Grumbles: Myself
When these GM Blogs were first made, part of the "vision" for them was to let players see more of the staff and feel more comfortable talking to them. You could see some of our inner workings, our thoughts and feelings, and just get a better feel for the people who are managing the game. We've still a long way to go in many cases, but one thing that I realized is that I've used this blog for pretty much everything except for talking directly about myself. I've been considering whether I should or shouldn't, but I think it's time I at least introduce myself, without the constraints of an introduction template.

That said, talking about a person includes both good and bad. Part of the reason I've spoken so little of myself, outside of a few close friends, is that I'm against the notion of using RL circumstances to justify or excuse behavior. I would rather be judged by my actions taken out of context than try to create a sob story of why I act the way I do. I'm not looking for pity, nor am I looking for a defense. It's for that reason that I'm not going to go into detail about some of the more negative aspects of my life, though I'll probably off-handedly mention them in order to give context. With one exception, which I'll get to.

I won't give my real name. For one, that's a terrible idea due to stalkers. For two, I answer to "Grakor" just about as readily as I do my real name, having had it as my handle for so long. I suppose that alone tells people quite a bit about me. Most of my social life, for better or worse, has been online. This is at least partially because of my love of gaming, especially RPGs. I grew up in the 90's, but also with a father who was also into gaming. I had access to a computer at a young age, and exposure to many of the old-school RPG games back in the day gave me a great love of the genre and speculative fiction. I've an especial love of the fantasy genre. Roleplaying and RPG games have been fairly major parts of my life, my main source of entertainment. As sad as that sounds, perhaps.

The lack of a RL social life ends up tying into the fairly seasonal depression that comes and goes for me, as I'm sure some of you have noticed. Without going into terrible detail, part of my family suffers from a disease that leaves them disabled and in need of care. Due to this, and relatively low income, leaving the house for extended periods of time is impractical. Really, the worst part of the situation for me is that, being alone.

I'm personally agnostic, though I grew up in a conservative Christian home. My parents are still such. Though they didn't throw me out, they didn't take news of my sexuality well (yeah, I'm gay if you're one of the few people here that didn't know.) So, it's pretty much something that we don't ever talk about. This leads mostly to me just talking to people online. It also means that my romantic life is...basically non-existent.

I'm a romantic at heart, though. That's probably why I take that bit so hard.

Lots of folks have noticed I do love orcs. A few have pointed out it's probably due to my general attraction towards masculine and burly men, but I do also love the culture and the attitude. They're just generally awesome and lovable, however rough and coarse they are. I kind of get protective of the main Horde races in general (especially orcs, but also tauren and trolls.) The result is me mostly playing orcs and other big guys, though usually with a magical or healing bent. I always play good guys, since I just can't bring myself to be "evil" by any stretch. It's kind of ironic to think about it, given my reputation at times, but I really hate doing bad things to other people's characters. I definitely prefer my fiction to have happy endings. I think the only times I've ever been responsible for a character's death on the server were in moments of anger when people act stupidly around town guards and don't accept warnings of what they're doing being a bad idea.

There are other things that I enjoy. Being a lover of the fantasy genre, I've read a number of novels during my high school years. I've been meaning to get back into reading, but I've been rather busy. I started college courses, getting money from the left-over grant checks. It's more than I had before, which is something at least.

I tend to be stand-offish. It's not because I dislike contact with people, it's that I suffer from a bit of social anxiety with those that I don't have a particularly close connection with. This may be why my characters tend to be quiet around large RPs, since I tend to find them intimidating (I can't imagine how I managed to function in Skin Thieves 2, thinking about it.) It's something I've been getting better about it, though.

That's enough for right now. I might add on some more later, but I really need to go to bed. Got books to pick up in the morning.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Ilu, Grakie ;.;

Someday, when I come to your state (which should be soon, since I got family to visit), I'm gonna stalk find you and we better go around town >:[
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(08-15-2012, 10:36 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: They're just generally awesome and lovable, however rough and coarse they are.

Maybe they're just like you, Grak! :D Orcs for me are the most lovable race.

This is a really nice way to tell us a bit about yourself without really placing your identity out there in a way that'd make things uncomfortable. Redacting your name probably helped. I've started to do that too and became comfortable with the idea of having a second name to go by.
(08-15-2012, 11:00 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Someday, when I come to your state (which should be soon, since I got family to visit), I'm gonna stalk find you and we better go around town >:[

Heh! Well, if you're ever around, let me know. Though transportation wise I'm very limited.

(08-16-2012, 06:06 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: Maybe they're just like you, Grak! :D Orcs for me are the most lovable race.

Orcs look like they would give good hugs. Very large and big arms.

Dunno if they're like me, though. I wish!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Are you kidding me? That handsome beard will woo Thrall. We ALL know Orcs are suckers for them elongated beards.
(08-20-2012, 08:57 PM)Grakor456 Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 06:06 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: Maybe they're just like you, Grak! :D Orcs for me are the most lovable race.

Orcs look like they would give good hugs. Very large and big arms.

Dunno if they're like me, though. I wish!

Well you don't really need to be big to give a big hug. You just need a big heart. And orcs have really big hearts. Probably that's what cements them as my favorite race. c:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grakor Grumbles: Race/Class Expansions Grakor456 115 17,338 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Grakor Grumbles: Subraces Grakor456 31 7,027 02-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Grakor Grumbles: Spirit Companions Grakor456 20 4,190 08-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Grakor Grumbles: Heights and Weights Grakor456 31 5,919 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Grakor Grumbles: Custom Server Lore Grakor456 26 5,332 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Reigen