The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reigen's Rescues.
By now, everyone knows that I adore cats. I talk about them often enough and people comment on it often enough. I own four, but take care of many more of them and do my best to socialize the strays to other cats, dogs, people and children so I can say with confidence that they'll be have. Sometimes, if I fail to do so, I can categorize what sort of home these cats will need and try to find suitable accommodations.

My last thread was a very chaotic mess because of the hurry I was in when I wrote it, so I figured it would be best to start a new one with 'profiles' of each cat that I take care of. With any luck, maybe word can be spread around and I can find homes for the remaining cats around the area.

I'm always getting new cats and working on taming others in the area. Stray cats are a big problem in my neighborhood. After the last fiasco in which cats were taken to a kill shelter, I figured it was time to be more active.

Cats that are available for adoption will be marked as such. If you're in the state, or have friends/family in the state looking for an elder feline friend, I'd love to know. I'll try to do an update on the cats each time I get one.

Cat Profiles

Dusty:
Spoiler:

[Image: image09302011161825.jpg]

Name: Dusty

Sex: Neutered Male

Coloring: Dusty Grey

Identifying Marks: Part of an ear is snipped off.

Health Issues: Dusty has one blind eye. As of recent, his teeth have started to go bad. He needs soft food.

Adoption Status: Free to a good home.

Home preference: Only cat.

Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor. Comes in during bad weather.

History: Dusty was here before I moved into the neighborhood. The old owner of the house said he had been abandoned by his pervious owners and hung around because he was fed every now and then by him. I started to get to know Dusty about two months later when he was looking very ill. I fed him, sat around and spoke to him until he eventually warmed up to me. Though some TLC, the swelling around his blind eye went down and now he is a lover of the neighborhood. Dusty enjoys attention and will walk with people going to and from the mailbox. He doesn't mind collars and has a bell collar that he loves to ding.

Gizmo
Spoiler:
[Image: image06042012143841.jpg]

Name: Gizmo

Sex: Female

Coloring: Silver, White, Grey

Identifying Marks: Extra toes on each foot.

Health Issues: Inbred.

Adoption Status: Not available.

Home preference: No children.

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor, Gizmo is afraid of the outdoors despite being born there.

History: Gizmo was born under my house sometime before Mother's day. She and her sister were both sweethearts and I only happened to see them upon going outside for a moment to get something. It took three days, but I finally managed to catch the little babies, though sadly their mother kept eluding me. I hand-fed them up until they were old enough to eat food on their own, stayed up all night during their first time with me to comfort them and socialized them so they could be taken away to a good home. Gizmo's sister, now named Nala, was taken by a friend of my mothers. Gizmo remained unwanted because of her obvious signs of inbreeding. We became attached to her and, after her lil' quirks started to show though, decided to keep her as a member of our family.

Dinah [Aka Eris]
Spoiler:

[Image: sTYrkDrl.jpg]

Name: Dinah

Sex: Female

Coloring: Grey/Silver. Strip patterns hidden.

Identifying Marks: Kinked tail

Health Issues: Not yet Spayed

Adoption Status: Available to trusted home.

Home Preference: Is a territorial cat, but gets along well with other cats and large dogs. NO SMALL DOGS.

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor cat.

History: Dinah lived three months of her life in a small cage where her tail got injured by being shut in the door. She was adopted by two women with a small dog, but the small dog attempted to hurt and even kill the cat. I was contacted by a rescue agency asking if I'd take her in for a short amount of time until another woman could take her. I said yes and she was brought to me the same day with lots of toys, a litter box and a bed. Her owners were sad to give her up, but the dog would not relent. The woman scheduled to pick her up was helping a neighbor move and wanted to have her ride in the back of a Uhaul. I refused and have kept her with me since. She still needs a home, as four cats is a little much, but be fast if you want her, we're starting to get attached after four months of having her.

She's very playful and likes to sit by your side while you read, work on the computer or watch TV. She enjoys hiding under covers, being petted and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. She stepped though white paint and left pawtracks all over my kitchen. Thankfully the paint was washable off her and the floor. She does not like being held for extended periods of time, nor does she like baths. She has claws and will use them, her playtime can be a bit painful. One of her favorite things to do is to wrap around a leg, hold on tight and bite you.

I call her Eris sometimes, as she really is a furball of chaos.

Neko:
Spoiler:
[Image: 0CRC8CUl.jpg]

Name: Neko

Coloring: Orange with Orange markings

Identifying Marks: He's a big cat.

Health Issues: Overweight

Adoption Status: N/A

Home Preference: Fine with anything

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor, but he sneaks outside a lot.

History: There's not much to say about this boy. We bought him from a shelter when he was a baby. He was going to be put down for being 'too mean', as he would hiss at adopters and try to bite them while his siblings didn't. Took him home and he mellowed out a lot. He fell in love with out dog after we got her. After he got fixed, he started to fatten up. Now he is the biggest cat in the bunch. He tries to act alpha male, but often gets put back in place by the three females. He loves playing, loves sneaking outdoors and his favorite thing ever to do is roll around in the dirt.

He's not the most intelligent cat, I once had to take him out of a trash bag because he fell asleep in there and my grandmother tied it up and put it out on the porch. He didn't claw his way out...didn't even start making noises until I got home. While he may be a sweetie, he's just a bit of an airhead.

Eljun:
Spoiler:
[Image: UznJ9Xdl.jpg]

Name: Eljun [Endurance]

Identifying Marks: Clipped ear

Health Issues: None known

Adoption status: Needs a good home!

Home Preference: One cat home preferred, though he doesn't object to other cats after hes used to them. Unsure about dogs.

Indoor/Outdoor: Hybrid. He's litter trained, but he likes going outside.

History: Eljun was abandoned by his former owners when they moved away and left him and his brother here. He is a very sweet boy who I've been looking after for almost three years now. He loves to be petted, though not so much being picked up. He's not fond of rain at all and will come indoors if hes close enough to get away from the rain. Very nice cat, looks very healthy and I haven't seen him get sick once since I met him.

Eljun was formerly named Sherbet by a neighbor, but now that she's moved away, I've taken the liberty to rename him. Eljun means 'Endurance' and the name fits this boy well.

I received a frantic call from the old neighbor that he had been injured. When I got out to see him, it was clear he was in trouble. Part of his backside, where his back meets his tail, had been torn down to his muscle, all the flesh was gone. Even though he was badly hurt, the cat never cried in pain and kept wanting to be petted. We couldn't afford a vet, so I cleared out my bathroom and relinquished it to him for a month. I thought he was going to be upset at treatment, but he was amazing. Even when I was using peroxide on the wound and then rubbing it with Neosporin, he did not fight back. I didn't even need to hold him down. He just sat there and let me do what I needed to do to make him feel better.

After a month, he made a full recovery, but I was worried his fur would never grow back. I let him back outside, because he was tired of being cooped up for so long. Each day would show the bald spot smaller and smaller until, as you can see, it all grew back! This cat is a fighter and deserves someone to love him.

Spencer:
Spoiler:
[Image: zobUyE3l.jpg]

Name: Spencer

Identifying Marks: None

Health Issues: None Known

Adoption Status: Needs good home!

Home Preference: Partly aggressive when meeting new cats, but calms down. Seems not to mind dogs. Doesn't mind children.

Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor mainly. Have not brought this cat indoors, not sure if litter trained.

History: Spencer and Eljun were left behind by their owners. He's a nice cat, loves food and loves attention. His name comes from a collar that was on him when I first met him, though it was taken off when the owners moved so they couldn't trace the pet to them. He's not undergone any health issues, is very bouncy and happy when he sees a person and often walks with me to the mailbox so I don't have to go alone. He's the type of cat you could take on a walk with a leash and if you really wanted to.
When people post or something about saving animals it makes me so happy c:
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Is the blind eye his left one?

Also, Reigen's love of cats surpasses my superb skill at dying.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Save all the cats!

:)
This must be one of the sweeter threads I've read on here. Afraid I got nobody in the area to lend a hand but keep going at it! :3

I'll donate a purple cat basket if you'll allow me. (Despite you not being purple any more, you'll always be my purple nub. <3)
Updated with a new cat! The photo is a bit old and Gizmo has grown since then.
Dawwwwwwww.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
[Image: funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-happy.jpg]

The cuteness of this thread would make a killer robot turn a new leaf and become a robot that raises kittens.
Pain is an illusion.
They grow up so fast. Remember the little baby I caught back in this thread? Here's her growth progress.

She was caught at about 3 1/2 weeks old, a baby. She is now 5 months old.

5/13/2012
[Image: photoon20120513at0100.jpg]

5/23/2012
[Image: scaled.php?server=855&filename=photoon20...es=landing]

6/7/2012
[Image: scaled.php?server=72&filename=image06042...es=landing]

7/15/2012
[Image: mNdpK.jpg]

10/1/2012
[Image: SuwKs.jpg]
Thought I was the only person who domesticated wild cats. Then again I train them to hunt the neighbor's chickens in pack families so maybe my ulterior motives aren't the best.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
In the first post, kitty on the bottom is obviously a master of disguise.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

For the past month I have been taking care of a seriously injured cat. He had the flesh around his tail ripped off down to muscle, we think it was because he was under a car when it started, and a belt ripped the skin off. He was missing for two days until the neighbor came here to show me the poor thing. We called the ASPCA, but we were informed that they would just put him down because the wound would be too expensive.

For three weeks now, I have had this cat in my bathroom. I cleaned his infection daily for a week, then used antibiotic creams on him in order to help his pain and the wound. The cat refused to show any pain, even though he was clearly hurting, and took his treatments without a hint of complaint. He was litter trained, thankfully, and knew he was fed twice a day. The materials added up ten dollars plus cat food, so maybe fifteen total. Too expensive? BS.

Today, I was finally able to release him with a clean bill of health. His skin has regrown, though it is likely he will never have fur in that spot. He may surprise me though. I'll get a picture up on him soon, but I thought I'd share with the rest of you a nice success story.

...He needs a name though. The neighbors keep calling him a type of icecream. I think we can do better than that.
You're so awesome, Reigen. And you should name him Batman.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[Image: tumblr_m7qjrpOiCN1rrlkkp.png]
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Pst, Reigen. My kittens can out-cute your kittens.

Spoiler:
[Image: kittens.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reigen Ruminates: Guild Bases Reigen 19 3,817 10-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Reigen Requests: Event Times! Reigen 10 3,240 09-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Reigen Ruminates: Burning Bridges Reigen 0 1,113 08-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Reigen Ruminates: Reporting Reigen 6 1,918 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM