The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

CoTH History
Hey guys, I was wondering about the history of CoTH.
You know like when was it made, was it popular. That kind of stuff, I would also like to know who was the first on the server :p apart from Kretol.
Krest once said to me that my Tauren Rygen belonged in the 'hoods' he litrally said....."The stealth part of the guild." I laughed my ass nearly off!

Arthon Firewell
Rygen
Sonea (No last name)
Graeves Morganson
Ariél 'Glaive' Darkmoon
I'm pretty sure the earliest person currently active is Sersay.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Drelgaar was before me, though only stayed here on CotH... I wana say 2 months at most before moving on to marry and move to the U.S. There where a small hand full of people on the server prior to it becoming 'CotH'. A guy I only remember by his Warhammer name since I dont think he ever really became an active member here. Gozgor. And I want to say Qaza was on the server pre-CotH as well. Kretol had the private server up before inviting people, but i'm not sure how long. Longer than the weekend where he allowed me on to play around and be a dragon and whatnot. CotH wasint entirely open for RPers to join right away either, and you had to be part of Kretol's retail WoW guild, or a trusted friend from one of us that that was there at creation.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
(09-14-2012, 08:06 AM)Sersay Wrote: Kretol's retail WoW guild

Spoiler:
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(09-14-2012, 08:15 AM)Caravan Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 08:06 AM)Sersay Wrote: Kretol's retail WoW guild

Spoiler:
It is toof! ...Troof... Truth! Many an early CotH member was also from the Ironsong Tribe on Silverhand! Grin2
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
I was hoping Sersay popped up to answer this. Tell us more!
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I am Holynexus and I approve of tonberries.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(09-14-2012, 08:35 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: I was hoping Sersay popped up to answer this. Tell us more!
I will try, but it's been a loooong time. Memory on the details of alot of things have left me by now.

Spoiler:
[Image: 12937212590MDkql.jpg]

When CotH first started out, there where no rules save for the basics and the given among friends, be respectful, no godmodding, consent. Really just the basics. And like people given shiny new cars, the first of us went wild since the ability to RP things that werint possible on retail, where suddenly possible! Drelgaar played as a Blademaster up until the point where the first hero class rules where put up.

Player made factions popped up, some evil and some good. Drelgaar's Bloodgrin Clan being one, a faction of Fel Orcs that'd taken over Hellfire Citadel. Magtheridon was killed. Kretol was a Demigod. Sersay was a Drakkari Troll with a Netherdrake. Fenris Isle was the headquarters of a Felsworn with his own personal army. Someone was even playing as a Lich. He did pretty good actually. Twas like wild teens taking that brand new car out for a joy ride. It wasint too chaotic either, from what I remember. Amazing to think that considering how wild all that stuff sounds now.

Eventually rules where set in place before it got out of hand though! Some things that had happend where kept, not everyone was happy and some left, but most started RPing better, more lore friendly RP after that.
I will try to remember more when I get back. The hospital calls!
Sounds, magnificent... Tranquil like a dream.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

It's like Sersay comes when summoned. Eerie.

Anyway my bit is that the server really didn't start having more than 20 people online at any given time until about 2008-2009, when the switch to Wrath of the Lich King hit.

[Image: the_more_you_know2-450x296.jpg]
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Nah... We had a steady group of thirty or so during BC.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I never like to... er... acknowledge those early-day activities. Heh.

(Posted from teh phonez)
Here's my input. After the Sin'sholai(which was arguably one of the best things to ever happen on CoTH), and the retaking of Stromgarde, Northrend was just opening up.

So, we started sending exploration expeditions to the frozen continent, the first of which was the Copperpocket Expedition belonging to Ben, all members of which turned out dead, if I remember it right. Aside from ol' Copperpocket himself.

But we didn't give up. The second trip to Northrend, called liberally The Expedition, gathered up most of the active players on CoTH at the time. Out of the 38-ish players online, 32 were usually Expedition. And we were active on a daily basis. So, after a long IC trek through the Eastern Kingdoms, from Booty Bay to Southshore, with stops of around a week(OOC-ly) in every town/city, including awesome moments such as crossing the Thandol Span, or the stay in Stromgarde(which will forever be a fond memory for me), to the week in Aerie Peak, the Expedition held a two-week-long(OOC-ly, once more. All times are OOC) continuous boat event to simulate the trip to Northrend.

And that wasn't even the start of it. We'd landed at Valgarde, and after fighting the creatures in the surroundings, we had an entire caravan trip to Westguard and such. We've actually had people die in the Expedition. But in the end, it was successful, and it turned into The Coalition, as we started accepting aid from the Horde as well(where it had been 100% Alliance beforehand). Aye, things were good. And it was completely and 100% player-driven and player-moderated, and one of the longest-running eventlines I have ever known of on CoTH. Though Walluce did help us out at some points, he only did so as far as any player could.

I miss Walluce. I miss Werewolf1, Monolith, Angorianka, and so many others. Even Jason's awesome poet, Dune, or NoSecrets' Naiti, and so many others. Therios, Narn, Xetre, Cellenar, every single one of the people that made my coming to CoTH an incredible and lengthy and in-depth experience.

But aye... As the Expedition-turned-Coalition started dying down, I recall going Horde-side with my first profiled character on CoTH, and had tonsa' unforgettable adventures courtesy of ThePharaoh(whose name at the time was Pharoah, because spellinglol). The time when the Light of Nova was just the Light of Nova, a merc company spawned of restless revolutionaries and rebels was amazing. I got to meet so many people and oldies of CoTH, more so even than during the Expedition.

In parallel to Light of Nova-centric stuff, I ended up somehow rabble-rousing on Sylvandre, whom... well, I only stuck with at first because I got compliments on my playing of her from Monolith. That warmed my heart, heheh. It turned out a good idea to stick with her, because she started a guild/group of friends/vigilante organization that lasted for about a year and a half, from running through Helmer's Thieves' Guild to helping the little effort against Satyr in Winterspring in one of the best warfare-events I've ever been to(4 GMs'd cooperated to make it. A battle on the frost bridge there.), to helping combat the Heretic Circus alongside the rest of the Force of Reckoning, and even a bit of time-travel courtesy of Grakor's awesome event. We'd wanted to get in on the Nexus War, but Walluce left and there was no one to run those events after that...

While all of that was going on Alliance-side, Horde-side, I'd gotten to make a Paladin. And it was awesome. Inspiring the future leader of the Crimson Templars with a bit of philosophy, and fighting giant demonic serpents and whatnot. The CTs became a sorta' adoptive family throughout the next years, and that circle of friends expanded to accomodate a few others, too, all of whom are people I'm honored to have met during my stay on CoTH.

CoTH has been a wonderful experience for me. Glorious beyond compare, for the people that it has brought together and allowed me to meet, and the ideas its community has put forth and enacted. I love it. I always will.

(09-14-2012, 02:18 PM)Kretol Wrote: I never like to... er... acknowledge those early-day activities. Heh.

(Posted from teh phonez)

I don't mind the idea of Kretol as a demigod... /cough cough
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(09-14-2012, 02:18 PM)Kretol Wrote: I never like to... er... acknowledge those early-day activities. Heh.

(Posted from teh phonez)
"I just woke up from a party and have no idea why that car is in a tree, it probably seemed like a good idea last night."

I do not remember who where GM's since back that long. Besides Grakor, that is. Is anyone still left that's been a long standing GM? I know a few former GMs that have since moved on from that.

(Posted from teh phonez)

Oke now his picture of Giovani fits perfectly, but thanks all for all of your comments, I was wondering!
Krest once said to me that my Tauren Rygen belonged in the 'hoods' he litrally said....."The stealth part of the guild." I laughed my ass nearly off!

Arthon Firewell
Rygen
Sonea (No last name)
Graeves Morganson
Ariél 'Glaive' Darkmoon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peeved: Elven History Beltharean 16 2,939 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  History help. FlyingSquirrel 0 651 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  History Length? NecreousNilheim 6 1,246 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  In Need of Assist with Draenei History. Rosaura 6 1,147 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Cowssaymoo