The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

History Length?
I'm currently working on my History for my first character's profile.

Is there a maximum length? I know there's a minimum, but I never saw a maximum.

Maybe I overlooked it?

I thought I should ask before I decided to go too far.
If it turns into a short story, we don't want to read it. Half a page in Word is probably the most I'll ever read at once if I'm doing profiles. Anything long usually gets saved until the very last. Your best bet is to describe the important events in your character's life and leave it at that.
Alrighty.

Thanks for the quick reply.
But what if loads of shtuff happened... D:

Heh >< Well, I'm glad I stumbled into this bit of information, so at least I won't panic if my character profile with a really long history gathers dust >.>
Vorce Wrote:But what if loads of shtuff happened... D:

Heh >< Well, I'm glad I stumbled into this bit of information, so at least I won't panic if my character profile with a really long history gathers dust >.>
Meh, it's quite understandable if, let's say, a profile with a history of 2000 characters or longer takes a bit more time to be approved or run through. I'm also guilty for writing too much in my bios, but I can't help it! It's just way too much fun to do.
The thing to remember though, is that...We have a bunch of profiles to do. Yes, we understand you want to write, but we do not want to sit here for a few hours because /everyone/ writes a HUGEE history on their character.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
If you find that you write a really long history you can allways post it in the IC forums, and have a summary of it in the profile.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CoTH History wsemler 75 12,204 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  Peeved: Elven History Beltharean 16 2,939 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  History help. FlyingSquirrel 0 651 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  In Need of Assist with Draenei History. Rosaura 6 1,147 01-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Cowssaymoo