The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: End to the Troll?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kill him in the arena!-- Spill his blood everywhere!
4.35%
1 4.35%
Murder him with some throw-away coward character!
8.70%
2 8.70%
Leave him in existence until you can find some reason to use him....why would you trash a jewel like Jae'?
86.96%
20 86.96%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll : One Jaedyn....TO RULE THEM ALL
So, my public of CotH, as it seems I am still currently not on the game, -I AM WORKING ON THE TORRENT-. I miss you guys, and I have a wicked cool new idea for a character I'd very much like to create and roleplay into existence...
But then there's this bugger problem. Jaedyn, as you all know, my lovey dovey, has become dull. So...let's see what everybody else thinks!-- A poll!-- Do I kill the Troll off, have him fight to the death in the arena? Do I have him murdered in cold (HAHHAHAH) blood? Or...do I have him live? Do I leave him in existence until I want to use him? If the poll will be to kill the Troll, I'll follow up with an in-forum post of his death -without- ressurection. So...
Have at it.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Wait, can I kill him -if- the poll is for him to die? (I'm not voting for that, but if it happens I'd like to do :P)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
I really think it's a poor idea to kill a character off just because you're a bit bored of him at the moment. He doesn't have to die in order for you to RP something else. You have ten character slots for a reason. :P

Keep him around. Just in case you want to go back later.
Eh, I agree with JVN, you shouldn't kill Jaedyn off just because you have no use for him anymore. Unless you're -really- comfortable with yourself with killing him off, as in no regrets or anything, then it's practically up to you to decide what you want to do with him. Just don't complain a few weeks or months down the line about you don't have him anymore xD.
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life." - John Lennon

Lemme quote Kretol's signature on this one.

Kretol's Signature Wrote:Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning.

That is all.
Kill him off... I have just the character to do it, when I feel like playing as her.
I've thought this over many time and time again. Jaedyn...just...doesn't have the same appeal. Yes, I could save him for another time, but I'm not sure if that time will be any time soon at all. Maybe I would miss him, but that'd be all the more encouragement for me to make a new character and bring him as vividly to life as Jae.

Just a note, sad to say, if anybody here is trying to kill Jaedyn, I'm planning on having an alt doing it if it -DOES- happen.
Sorry, bros.
>makes a poll asking people what he should do

>everyone but one says keep him

>kills him anyway

[Image: 5.gif]
My very first character on CotH, Isadorian, faced an awful lot of situations where she lost her purpose or simply became too depressed as a character to continue being roleplayed, because chances were it would get worse for her. A good thing to do when you lose your inspiration for a character is to retire it for a while, saying the character "disappeared" for whatever reason.

Give it a nudge in the right direction in that time while you don't play it. You don't have to decide from the beginning what you want to be behind the "disappearence", but you can decide on that later. If he ran away, was kidnapped, or whatever. And finally, what happened in that time. It will allow him to come back refreshed and inspired again later when you feel you'd like to bring him around again.

I feel, at least, that this is safer than killing him off.

Remember our policies on death, here. If you, yourself, kill off your own character... You can't have him resurrected later.
Um...I'll kill him for you if you need him dead :3 (Voted to keep him, btw)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Turn him into a dwarf. That is all.

I am Holynexus and this is the best advice ever given on CotH.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Find something to shake up his life. Ask for something to shake up his life, and when you're roleplaying him maybe something interesting will happen.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Kind an archnemesis!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Jae is enemies with everybody.

Anyways, I never had it certain to kill him off, JV, which is why I brought a post to the public. o_o.

I mean...Jae could dissapear for some time, but I don't know. He seems like he can only be roleplayed in a single place-- the arena. Plus, it kind of sucks roleplaying Jae because everybody -HATES- him, but if I get on him and act soft and friendly it wouldn't be his personality. It's...like...it's hard.

But I guess I can retire him instead of killing him off...the higher populace of the vote seems to be to keep Jaedyn alive, for whatever purpose may be. Ah well. Back to staring angrily at the Torrent downloading very slowly. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chat rule clarifications? Harmonic 39 5,939 04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Our Keyboarding Rule and You Kretol 26 3,376 06-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Rule on posting videos and external links? Cornholio 6 1,091 01-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Cornholio
  A little poll(without the poll), for funz! Piken 43 6,187 11-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Hexproof
  Wrath of the Lich King Poll - Live Accounts Kretol 20 3,468 02-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Harmonic