The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Good day!
Howdy, gang! Davaroth, or Dave, or Dav, or David, here. I'm an Aussie, and I love to RP. Here's my application, I hope to see you all online!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm a Psychology student, been playing WoW since Vanilla. I love RP in various forms, from WoW to DnD to Shadowrun. I'm easy-going, I tend to focus more on the atmosphere and fun had than the results of a game. I like to be chill.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Australia, AKA Hard-Mode-Land, where everything wants to kill you.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A way I'm sure many here can relate; an older family member gave me a CD of games, and on that CD was the gem that was Warcraft II. When WoW came out I jumped on it, and I've been playing on-and-off for the years since. I still play Frozen Throne and D2 whenever I can.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Google. I've been looking for a mainly RP server for a while now, and this seemed like the best. The application procedure, the maturity, and custom objects all helped my decision.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds! Modular adventures like breaking into a building to find information or fighting a den full of cultists, or more relaxing things like tavern or fishing chat. You'll probably be able to find me off the coast of Azshara soon enough, anglin' away.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Undead Warlock. There's something really subtly beautiful about the undead, but they're still fun, as well. There's a hint of a tragic beauty that doesn't quite bring down the mood as a whole, it's a good combination. Warlocks are flexible, and fun to roleplay, and have my favourite playstyle.

What are your expectations of this server?:

An intelligent, engaging community, and the ability to walk up to most anyone and start a proper conversation / scenario.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The "Tantrum" policy is my favourite, due to the amount of "leaving forever" posts I've seen on various forums that get recanted a week later. I have no taste for OOC drama, at all.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

At some point (Perhaps after Gruntship), is it possible to modify objects? For example, I'd love to have a fishing boat somewhere on the coast, or a tiny hut on the freezing tundra of the north.
Hello there, Davaroth! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Ooooh! Psychology student! I love psychology and behavioural science. :3 You effectively strike a very good first impression. Good on you! Shadowrun is also one of the tabletop systems I've grown the most fond of for the sheer amount of choice you have and the customization options already in the character creation process, though I haven't really been able to find a stable group to play it with---it's a shame, really.

To answer your question, there; No. Object modification and such is strictly GM-only, I'm afraid. If you ask real nicely and give us a good case, we may spawn something somewhere that could offer up something to the community as a whole--be that flavour or just plain decoration. I know at least one GM who'd be happy to build if you asked him. (Read: Rigley)

Also, remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Hehe, why thank you for the warm welcome, Loxmardin :3 Psychology is my passion, it's just fascinating stuff! I'm the same with Shadowrun, sadly I feel its combat system (admittedly a bit slow) causes its prestige to suffer somewhat :(

As I suspected, but that's fair! I'm sure if I ask nicely I may be able to get a little shack or something.

If, for example, I got like 10-20 people together and made a thread about it, could we start a small village somewhere remote?

Thanks again for the advice and the warm welcome :D

Dav
I'm not 100% positive about the village. I know similar proposals have been put up before but kind of fell out into nothing in the end. I'm not sure if it was the server stance on it or just lacking interest that ended with the project not being carried out in the end. I'd not let that discourage, though, as such projects are interesting and it's always nice to see when people take that kind of initiative.

All in all, present a good idea and we'll see what happens. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Animekenny 1 690 06-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Good Evening. =) Verse 1 673 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  It's good to be the King King 2 988 06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: King
  Good-day From Tipsy! - Introduction tipsywoodo 1 631 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: tipsywoodo
  Good Evening CotH! Nadezhda 3 820 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Last Post: HeroLief