The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RaidCall (Voice Comms)
So! My TeamSpeak server is coming up for annual renewal again (I believe on the 23rd, right after Thanksgiving), and I've considered giving RaidCall a try.

http://www.raidcall.com

I admit that I had installed it a few months back, but didn't really look into it or anything further (I was actually more looking for something for my retail guild at the time). However, since Morhana brought it up yesterday at the M&G (and because the timing is pretty close to the TS server renewal), I figured I'd potentially give it a try for CotH.

Some disadvantages:
- Quality is a little bit worse for normal channels (unless I switch it to Queued mode, where people cannot talk simultaneously)
- A free account is needed (though this could actually be an advantage)
- Does not have as many permissions options as TeamSpeak

Some advantages:
- Because accounts are used, it's a wee bit easier to set account permissions
- Chat is encouraged a bit more, whereas in TS it's not quite as prevalent
- Private chats are also more prevalent and like IMs, and you don't have to be on the same server (AKA group) to talk with each other

Essentially, RaidCall seems to be a merging of an IM service and voicechat. It's been pretty nifty so far, and want to give it a try. Guests can connect, chat in the
Lounge, Durotar, and Silvermoon City channels, but you must join the group in order to access all the other channels. You have to 'apply' to the group (please supply your forum name), and once you are added you can set your 'group name' - that is, it can display a different name than your account name for Raidcall (particularly useful if you want to use the service for more than just one group.

Please feel free to join the server at: http://www.raidcall.com/go.php?sid=5235580!
I will be idling on there, and may direct people on TS to give it a try as well (by muting everything).
Raidcall doesn't seem to have a mobile app like TS does... Even if the TS app is $5USD for iPhone/iPod/iPad users (last I checked). Not sure about Android users.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
This is quite interesting.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Coming from one of the usuals on TS...

I don't see why we'd need to change a good thing.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Raidcall is not cross platform, which means I couldn't join you all. Considering I'm always on TS, this is rather upsetting. There's likely wrappers for it out there...but that just means crappy quality and for every update it has, another workaround may have to be found. I'm also not all too trusting of pre-made wrappers. =/
Pretty much what Rensin said. I'v used a few voice chat program...thingys over the years gaming as it is, and once I tried Teamspeak, I was surprised at how clear it was. Personally I think its the best since using it, even if I am still stubborn about sticking to vent.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
I'm willing to adapt to any new voice chat program, but many people arent. Realistically, I feel we should be using whatever voice chat program is most prevalent so as to encourage greater numbers using the channel.

Plus, let's not mince words. Having a bunch of different chat programs on your computer gets annoying. =p
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Unfortunately, considering R/C has no support for Mac users, I suppose testing it will have to be put aside for now. TeamSpeak shall remain!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COTH on Raidcall Morhana 0 563 11-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Morhana
  DK Voice Aphetoros 16 3,087 04-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  The Azerothian Voice Reorganizes! Hogral 2 674 04-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Nostra