The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grandbell Knights

The Grandbell Knights

In a world constantly changing in the face of evil, there are those who rise to fight in the name of good. Yet where are the ones who help the lives of the innocent and unfortunate? Where are the ones who bring the Light not only to its enemies, but also to its people?

It is time to stop asking this. Rather, we must take it upon ourselves in these troubled times to bring goodness to those in need as well as stand against those who would bring harm to the innocent. We can not sit idle and wait for heroes to come down from on high, nay, we must guide the people ourselves.

Let us put aside the issues of creed, of race, of social standing, and come together in diverse unity of the Light to spread its goodwill to the entire world. I care not if you are of the Church, the Crusade, the Pantheon, the Naaru, or any other belief, just that you would join me in my calling. No matter where your Light comes from, it is the same Light us is in the rest of us, as is in the souls of all living things. No matter how you follow or worship its divinity, it must be spread to those in need.

This is my calling that I share to you now. Join me in brotherhood, and together we shall renew the Light's image in the world as a beacon of hope, and guide others to that hope like a grand bell calling them forth.

We serve the call. We are the Grandbell Knights.

~Sir Cristovao di Silvio

~Who Are We?~

The Grandbell Knights is an order of Light followers who have communed together in the name of bringing goodness to the people of Azeroth and Outland. Much like the knight chapters of old, we do more than just fight demons and undead, but also live a noble, respectful lifestyle.

We are NOT raving zealots and fanatics living in a misguided reality. We know how the world has changed and we adapt our beliefs accordingly, but we do not compromise it either.

~What Do We Do?~

We serve the Light in all things that we do, living together, working together, supporting each other, and setting an example for those who see us in our work. We do not just FIGHT for good, we LIVE to be good, and to help others be good as well.

We do NOT purge or attack peoples of different beliefs, faiths, creeds, or religions. The Light teaches compassion and understanding of all people, and we respect that teaching whole heartedly.

~How Do We Work?~

In any way possible. There is no task that is either beneath us or over us. If there is a woman who needs to feed her family, we shall provide her alms. If there is a boy in need of prayer, we shall pray beside him. If there are bandits harming innocents on the road, we shall bring them to justice. If there is a demon bringing evil into the world, we shall destroy him.

We are NOT pompous, proud lordly men and women who look down on the unfortunate. Nor are we smug, lowly benefactors looking to make ourselves look nice. We merely do what is right, whatever that may be.

~Where Are We Found?~

Our chapter is stationed in and operates out of Hearthglen as an affiliation of the Argent Crusade. However, we are not so bound to the township as our Argent benefactors are, and will take our work to anywhere in the world if possible, where needed. However, we always have a home in Hearthglen.

We do NOT turn a blind eye to the far reaches of the world. We have the luxury of mobility, and we will use it.

~Who May Join?~

Any and all races are allowed, so long as they revere and respect the Light. Yes, this includes races that do not traditionally follow the Light, such as orcs and night elves, but the opportunity is there for them all the same.

However, all aspiring members of the Grandbell Knights must not be a follower of any dark art. While we are not biased against priests of shadow, we are a gathering of Light-followers. We do not just fight evil, we live a Light-based lifestyle. The same applies for warlocks and necromancers, and others who follow an unsavory path, even to do good. We suggest you become a sanctioned member of the Argent Crusade, as your talents will be put to better use there than with us.

Similarly, any followers of other faiths must still revere the Light. This means shamans and druids may follow their faiths and doctrines, but to be a member of the Grandbell Knights, they must also follow the Light as well, even if they can not use it.

~What Are The Ranks?~

The Grandbell Knights have a minimalist command structure. All members of the Knights are considered part of a family, and everyone looks over everyone's back, helps each other out, and is expected to go on their own and do good when out in the world. However, Cristovao di Silvio is the leader of the group and should be respected as the head of the organization all the same.

~How Do I Join?~

Seek out Cristovao di Silvio in Hearthglen. He is the leader of the knights, and will give you a simple task to complete to earn your place among the brotherhood.

~What About Faction Tensions?~

Cristovao di Silvio is a loyal paladin of the Alliance. However, he holds no ill for the Horde so long as they hold no ill for him or the Alliance. The Grandbell Knights are a neutral organization who put aside political loyalties for the sake of all people in the world. Naturally, however, Alliance members can not go into Horde lands, and Horde members can not go into Alliance lands, so if good needs doing on sensitive soil, only members of that faction will be allowed.

Ultimately, while many of us are loyal to and love our faction, be it Alliance or Horde, we serve the Light first. Goodness comes before politics.

~What Will I Need?~

As we are a private group without much funds, all members are suggested to bring as many of their own things as possible to be comfortable. This primarily pertains to weapons and armor, however if you find yourself in need of armaments, the Argent Crusade may be able to assist you some. If you are skilled in the creation of clothing, weapons, armor, or food, your talents will be highly welcomed as well.

~What Else Should I Know?~

Remember the Virtues and live by them every day.

Respect others and serve to help them in any way you can.

Have Tenacity for the hardships that are to come: remember that with time no task is impossible.

And be Compassionate in all you do, spreading love and goodwill to those in need who would accept it.

Light be with you in all things, my friends.

The OOC!

Seriously, what is this guild?

Grandbell Knights is a HEROIC guild for all you Light-followers out there! This guild's concept is built not just around fighting evil, but also living a holy lifestyle: bringing good to others, helping the unfortunate, etc.

What are you trying to accomplish?

There is a dearth of "good" (as in the alignment) RP on CotH. The reason for this is without a reason to do good deeds, good characters grow idle and boring. Grandbell Knights will attempt to not only organize as many good characters as possible, but to also create RP for them so they actually feel like they're, well, good characters.

What kind of RP are you going to create?

All sorts! Grandbell Knights isn't just about fighting monsters and saving the day, its also about helping the people! As guild master I'll be creating mini-events and scenarios to organize the group to do something as grand as taking down a Legion warlord, to helping a family pay for their food. This will be accomplished both with in-game RP, as well as IC posts.

So can literally any race or class join?

Race, yes, but class, no! As said before, the character merely must revere and follow the Light. Of course, I'm not expecting to see too many trolls, tauren, orcs, or night elves, but the possibility is there.

Classes, though, are more limited. As this is a coven of not just good guys, but good guys following a Light-based lifestyle, followers of Shadow should really look elsewhere, even if they're heroic characters, because this isn't just about being a hero! Similarly, warlocks aren't going to find a place here either. Or necromancers. Or cold blooded assassins. Of course, there are exceptions for everything, but in general you really shouldn't be trying to force these sorts of characters in, even if they are good guys.

So how do I get my character involved?

First off, your character will likely need to have seen the flyers Cristovao has stuck all over every place he can get his legs to.

All recruitment is done IC! All you gotta do is approach Cristovao in Hearthglen in some way. IC, you can send him a letter, meet him in person, whatever. If RP scheduling is a problem, I'm able to do this on the forums with IC posts, with PMs, on Skype, as well as in game WoW RP.

Once you've approached Cristovao, he'll give you a small task to complete. This task is generally something humble like giving alms to a poor guy. This task can be RPed out with me by any of the previously mentioned methods, or you can just write up a quick IC post about it! Once your character accomplishes his task, he's promoted up from an aspirant to a brother or sister of the Knighthood!

Aw, but my good guy character already has a guild!

Worry not! As the Grandbell Knights will expand and grow, Cristovao will seek to forge alliances among other do-gooders and their organizations. By doing so, we can create even more RP, as inter-guild alliances will allow for previously unaffiliated characters to be justified in showing up at each other's RP! So don't drop out of your guild just yet!

Ok, So what about villains, rivals, and spies?

While every good hero needs good antagonists, the guild is too fresh and new at this point in time to really be thinking about that right now! Ask me later when we're on two feet standing tall against the world!

So what else is there for me to know?

Obviously, you should follow all the rules of the server! Let's keep OOC drama limited, and if there's any problem at all, don't be afraid to talk to me about it! Furthermore, try and be active in the guild. RP your character outside of events and guild RP, and get involved! I want to encourage all members of the Grandbell Knights to try and create RP anywhere they can, even if its as humble as giving a sermon on the Light spontaneously in public.

And most importantly of all? Have fun! I'll keep this post updated as needed. Feel free to post questions and feedback!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(11-20-2012, 12:05 AM)CappnRob Wrote: As we are a private group without much funds, all members are suggested to bring as many of their own things as possible to be comfortable. This primarily pertains to weapons and armor, however if you find yourself in need of armaments, the Argent Crusade may be able to assist you some. If you are skilled in the creation of clothing, weapons, armor, or food, your talents will be highly welcomed as well.

Eberhardt & Burroughs, a respected banking house, would be delighted to assist the Grandbell Knights with their funding issue. Mr. Silvio should speak with Lady Burroughs or Lord Eberhardt at his next convenience.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
This gave me an awesome idea for a character... I look forward to getting involved.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
(11-21-2012, 08:46 AM)Caravan Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 12:05 AM)CappnRob Wrote: As we are a private group without much funds, all members are suggested to bring as many of their own things as possible to be comfortable. This primarily pertains to weapons and armor, however if you find yourself in need of armaments, the Argent Crusade may be able to assist you some. If you are skilled in the creation of clothing, weapons, armor, or food, your talents will be highly welcomed as well.

Eberhardt & Burroughs, a respected banking house, would be delighted to assist the Grandbell Knights with their funding issue. Mr. Silvio should speak with Lady Burroughs or Lord Eberhardt at his next convenience.

Excellent!
Some new flyers
have been posted around Hearthglen and Alliance cities!

Bring forth all your righteous young heroes for guidance!
An event is brewing up, guys! No official word on a date or time yet, but look forward to our first big gig soon!
Attention all members!

What would be your best day and time of said days for an event? Please respond ASAP!
I've got school during the week commonly, so weekends early in the day would be fantastic :D
I'd say weekends, but next weekend I'm booked. I suppose weekdays 3:00pm to 5:00pm server time would be best.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...-Great-Sea

The event!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
A victory has been secured for Grandbell tonight against the criminal Red Glove! Rejoice, all members!

For the time being, Cristovao will be located in Ratchet, working to help the people there! Expect some events in due time!
Right guys, soooo...

With the Red Glove story completed, and Cata on the way, lets take an interest check! What would you like to see the GBK go and do next, eh? I've some ideas myself (either extending a liason to Telah's draenei pilgrimage, or a teaser Twilight's Hammer story for Cata), but I wanna know what you folks would like to see, too!
The Pilgrimage will more or less be over soon so I suggest you grab the chance and join us before there's nothing to join.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Some pre-cata things could be neat, assuming there are pre-cata things for super good guy "4 da lite" knights to do that aren't already being covered.
That is the big issue at current: much of the pre-Cata stuff is being covered by other people. We may just go hang out in Outland then :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Phoenix Knights mangaboy111 2 4,521 11-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Grandbell Knights Skype Channel! CappnRob 4 1,282 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: cartoonkarl
  Knights of Blankenberg pandamaster 0 840 09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Last Post: pandamaster
  The Blue Knights zeromanzx 9 1,632 12-25-2011, 01:53 PM