The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Emra's Journey: Letters from a Quest
[This thread will contain a series of IC letters that Emra will send while she is traveling the world in order to better commune with the spirits. Feel free to respond in this thread if you write back to her. Anyone who knows her is welcome to send her letters as well, she'll respond to them! If not, she'll only address those who asked her to write.]

To: High Warlord Kil'shi Rendtear Wrote:Father,

You told me to write on my progress, and I fully intend on keeping that promise.

Currently I am resting at Camp Taurajo, the Tauren here have been very kind to me and a few of the shaman residing here have spoken to me about my journey. They’ve given me advice on how best to commune with the spirits in the way I plan to do so. They also cautioned me to be careful, most of all with fire, because fire can be aggressive against those it might mistake as an invader. I don’t imagine this to become a problem for me, but I can never be too sure.

I feel better now, going on this quest of mine, the failure before doesn’t seem to be weighing me down so hard. Perhaps I’m starting to accept that there wasn’t much I could do to change the situation. It was clear the cultists were planning on this to happen, to try to get our spirits down. It will be an insult to them once they realize what they have awakened in me. If their spirits remain, I will make sure that they too feel the pain they put Bloodaxe through.

Before I left, I caught up with Thragash and Thun’tuk. We did some physical training with some pushups and a lot of running. I hate to assume, but I think Thun’tuk has taken a liking to me. At least, he blushes a lot around me and stuttered a lot once the elder told him to ‘shut up and kiss her’. Don’t worry though, I’m not running off to find a mate anytime soon. Any mate of mine will have to earn your approval in an honorable battle.

If you plan to write me back, try to send the letter a full day ahead of me so I know I’ll find it and not miss it. That is, if you’re not too busy to send a reply. I know how distracted you can get by young orcs yelling around at your doorstep. No matter what, expect a letter from me soon.

I will honor our family once I succeed in this, I swear it by my ancestors.

~Emra

Mochla, The Stormcaller Wrote:Stormcaller,

I am underway in my journey to Un’goro to commune with fire. The way is long, so expect many letters from me. They won’t really be fully detailed until I make progress with the elementals. I do figure that you would want to hear from me to make sure that I am still alive and still undertaking this second task of mine. This one that I will not fail.

The shaman of Camp Taurajo have been very kind to me once I explained where I was going, one even allowed me to stay with her for the night, rather than spending what coin on me I have. She gave me a lecture on what to expect when I get there and to be wary about upsetting Fire. I have no reason to disbelieve her when she says that Fire can be a bit rash.

I’d tell you how to reply to me if you wanted to do so…but I have a feeling that you’ll know where I’m headed before I know myself.

Make sure Thun’tuk doesn’t slack once he finishes his first task! He’ll make a fine shaman once given the chance.

~Emra

Thun'tuk Wrote:Thun’tuk,

I hope you’re as sore as I am from the running we did in the Crossroads. I almost dropped a few times before I reached the camp I’m at. Thankfully the Shaman here are kind and are letting me rest without having to worry about the coin I have on me. It was a bit poor of me to bring so little, but there are bandits all around and I don’t want to risk loosing too much. I can hunt and cook my own food anyway, unlike those squishy elves that travel around.

I wish you luck in communicating with the Storm, if you haven’t already. Make sure not to fear it’s rumble and to embrace the light if brings crashing down. It has no reason to harm you, just as you have no reason to fear it. Just…don’t wear any metal on you to be safe. Don’t worry if the answer doesn’t come right away, give it time and be firm in your prayers. If anything, speak to the Stormcaller, she has some great advice.

Don’t slack on your physical training either; as I said before leaving, the spirits love a fit Orc. It means you’ll be able to conduct the tasks they give to you with ease. Unless it’s stealth. Then you better hope you have a smaller friend to help you out there.

Be cautious around that warlock…no warlock can be trusted, no matter what they once were or how old they look. Don’t let him drag you down the wrong path or I’ll be sorely disappointed if I have to take you down like one of those cultists. My axe will show no mercy to a former friend turned demon-lover.

Victory, or death!

~Emra

Orvisha Wrote:Sister,

I hope you’re not missing me too much! Make sure to keep a list of anyone who picks on you and I’ll come and beat them into submission once I get back. Make sure they know that I’ll be coming too. It’s much more fun to find prey when they fear your arrival.

I don’t know if father informed you of what I’m doing, so I might as well explain it here just in case.

The Stormcaller told me to strengthen my connection with the other elements beyond wind. First I am traveling to Un’goro to scale the volcano so I may commune with Fire with little distraction. Once I am successful there, I will be in the Thousand Needles to plead my case to Earth. I know I have to pass by there to reach Un’goro, but the fire will keep my heart strong though the trial while the earth will help my stubbornness to make it to my last destination. Once done there, I will end my trip in Azshara and seek out a rock in the ocean to be closer to water. Once all three have shown me their wisdom, I will return to the Stormcaller, then home if I am not needed for another task.

I do not know how long I will be gone, but I do plan on writing home every time I stop for the night, so you and father know that I am doing well. If you write back, make sure to send your letter with fathers so it can get to me in time!

If anything happens to me and I do not return, know you are always loved and dear to my heart. Don’t worry about it too much though; nothing can stop me from succeeding in my task!

With all the love in my heart,
~Emra
Sister,
Of course I will miss you. But how much is too much?
And don't worry, I can stand up for myself. I've been
pummeling this one troll repeatedly in duels. He keeps
insisting on fighting me until he bests me. Poor fellow.

Farseer Stormcaller likes tossing her students right into
things, doesn't she? I've been pondering her advice to
you and Thun'tuk. As ice seems to favor me, I wonder
what win'try environment I might commune in. Grizzly Hills?
I'm in a bit of a spot since Jurok gave up shamanism. And,
wherever I go, Corlmitz will be sure to follow me.

I will be traveling as well, and not always with father. I've
my own work with the Deadeye Watchers, remember?
Now that the nathrezim is dealt with, we're in the Barrens.
Something to do with Kul'tiran militants on par with the Scarlet
Crusade for zealotry. Except replace Light with "orc hate".
This first letter will be sent with father's. Let's hope the runner
doesn't drop either.

Wishing you balance,
Visha
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Dearest Emra,

I love to hear from the wanderers of Azeroth. Progress or no, I find that travelers always have the best stories. I remember my own days on the road, and hope that yours are as good to you. I truly believe that it is the journey and the struggle that shapes us as strong Shaman, and women. Un’goro is an ambitious undertaking. I am quite pleased that you have set your sights so high. It is a reminder to me that you have been touched by the Storm. Remember, though, that it may take some time to truly embrace the flame. Understanding comes to no one in only a night. Patience will serve you well.

Fire can indeed be a bit rash. Duron himself never could seem to catch a brief respite from its persistent nagging. Though I am sure he remembers things differently, I always thought that perhaps fire respected him and showed him through wounds. When I think of fire, I think of the Warsong Clan for some reason. Brilliant fury that shines for one glorious instant.

But do not mind my ponderings, my dear. You can rest assured knowing that I will keep my eye on your progress and Thun’tuk’s. Now that I have purpose with the young again, I will not let you slack. Not even for an instant.

-Mochla Stormcaller
[Image: Lirshar_zpscaa814f0.png]

I hope you’re as sore as I am from the running we did in the Crossroads. I almost dropped a few times before I reached the camp I’m at. Thankfully the Shaman here are kind and are letting me rest without having to worry about the coin I have on me. It was a bit poor of me to bring so little, but there are bandits all around and I don’t want to risk loosing too much. I can hunt and cook my own food anyway, unlike those squishy elves that travel around.

I wish you luck in communicating with the Storm, if you haven’t already. Make sure not to fear it’s rumble and to embrace the light if brings crashing down. It has no reason to harm you, just as you have no reason to fear it. Just…don’t wear any metal on you to be safe. Don’t worry if the answer doesn’t come right away, give it time and be firm in your prayers. If anything, speak to the Stormcaller, she has some great advice.

Don’t slack on your physical training either; as I said before leaving, the spirits love a fit Orc. It means you’ll be able to conduct the tasks they give to you with ease. Unless it’s stealth. Then you better hope you have a smaller friend to help you out there.

Be cautious around that warlock…no warlock can be trusted, no matter what they once were or how old they look. Don’t let him drag you down the wrong path or I’ll be sorely disappointed if I have to take you down like one of those cultists. My axe will show no mercy to a former friend turned demon-lover.

Victory, or death!

~Emra

Emra,

It's been days since we had our sprint to Ratchet. I'm glad the Shaman you are with are showing you such hospitality. A few things have happened since you left.

I did as the Stormcaller asked, I found my perch and waited for the Storm to come. But it did not, I sat there for days. My food and water ran out, and I was on the brink of starving to death when Earth came to me and gave me it's blessing for my strong will and determination. I was elated that I finally have the support of at least one element. I am now to create a boon for it, to show my offering to it's power.

Mochla thinks the best way to do this, would be to not give something material.. but to help the Earth in someway. Fix what is tainted, or perhaps show it's will to those trying to oppose it. She plans to have us set out on a journey, along with an Earthshaker Elite who's name escapes me at the moment. I am excited for this trip, but it will not be until I return from my Om'riggor.

I have decided to hunt a worthy target. An enemy of the Horde, and a personal antagonizer from my youth. There is a good chance I will not return from this, but if I do. I hope it proves a fraction of my worth to you. Wish me luck with my goal, and pray that the spirits guide me home with honor and new found strength.

-- Thun'tuk
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
High Warlord Kil'shi Rendtear Wrote:Father,

I’ve made it to Freewind Post in Thousand Needles. I apologize it took so long to write, I ran into compilations on the trip here. Everything should be okay; I was lucky enough that there were other travelers when the centaur ambushed the path. No injury can keep me from my goal. Next I travel across the Shimmering Flats in order to reach Tanaris. Hopefully the buzzards don’t swarm too quickly.

~Emra

Orvisha Wrote:Sister,

Nothing is ever too much when it comes to me, of course. This very world cannot contain me if it tried! That troll is foolish to think that he could ever take on one of us, make sure to rub it in his face every now and then. A bruised ego makes for a stronger person and he’ll thank you for it later once he pushes himself to be better.

Winterspring might be a better spot to go, the mountains of Grizzly Hill are intimidating and full of dangers. Not to mention you and your mate could enjoy the springs in which the spot is named for. Business and pleasure all in one go to make sure you’re…refreshed for communing with the spirits. I’m sure it will make him all the more willing to come along.

I almost forgot about the Deadeyes. The last I remember of them was yelling at them when you went missing. Those humans won’t stand a chance against them so long as you’re there. Make sure to lob off a couple of heads for me while you’re at it. I’d do it myself, but I’m a ways away now, down in Freewind Post.

Ancestors guide you,
~Emra

Stormcaller Wrote:Stormcaller,

I’m sure I’ll have many stories to share once my travel is complete, I already have one in the making that I’m sure will be rather obvious once I see you all again. My spirits are still high despite a little run-in with some Centaur on my way to Freewind Post. I do not expect the Flame to come to me quickly at all and I am prepared to wait as long as I need to prove I am worthy of its time.

I know each spirit has a reason for how it acts to us. Our interactions with them will always make us stronger, even if we don’t understand the lesson first. I do not plan on slacking for a moment with you as my mentor. So long as my feet hold me, I will keep moving to prove I am still worthy.

Lok’tar Ogar,
~Emra

So it seems you are stubborn enough for Earth to take notice of you! Good to hear that you’re proving yourself to the spirits. What sort of boon will you be doing? Maybe go around and cleanse out a few warlocks. All they are is a taint upon this world! You’ll have to tell me all about it once you present it to the spirit. Perhaps the Storm is too busy trying to keep up with me for it to come to you right now. Sorry for being such a hog in that case!

I’m sure your Om’riggor will go well once you complete it. Hopefully this might reach you before you rush off to it, but if it doesn’t, you’ll have to tell me how it went. If you’re still alive, that is. I am not the sort of person that worth needs to be proven too. That is up for the spirits or my father to decide.

Best of luck in your upcoming journey,
~Erma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oph's Quest for the Past Maarten 0 934 09-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Maarten
  Letters to/from Gantrithor ProjectRandom 0 740 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  Letters to the Public Mathias 6 1,495 08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Mathias
  Letters From Hillsbrad CappnRob 11 1,854 08-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Last Post: cartoonkarl