The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Concerning Cataclysm
Alright. So, as we've discussed in the other threads, the Cataclysm cores are...definitely not perfect. We've been waiting a long time for fixes to a number of issues, especially database related, and the miracle patch that we've been waiting for has never arrived. It is probable that it never will.

That's why we've decided to move on to Cataclysm anyway.

Not right away. We've now set the GMs to work preparing the world for the coming of Cataclysm. The doors are now open to lead-in events if the desire to run them arises. We're preparing and getting things underway. Will it be easy? Certainly not. But we're going to try anyway, however bumpy the road is.

Consider this a holiday present from the GM team to the server.

---

So, the first question is how this is going to work, and how we'll be resolving certain outstanding issues. Here's a quick list of things that will probably happen, but all things are subject to change:

1. Since most quests in Cata zones will be borked, we'll have to put in work-arounds. Worgen, Goblins, and Death Knights will be given a portal to take them out of their starting instance, and be given quests/trainers to catch them up on their missing racial abilities/talent points. So, no more doing the DK quest line.

2. A number of areas in Cataclysm are in a state of flux on retail. For example, Splintertree Post is under perpetual siege by night elves. We're still discussing how we will resolve these areas, and they will likely be handled on a case by case basis. Most know that we have a policy of keeping the server as close to Blizz-like as is possible for the purposes of questing and lore. Well, since questing is broken anyway, the decision has been made to be a bit more lax with the former, and we'll probably be resolving these areas (be it through event or off-screen decisions) to bring the world to a better point where RP is conducive and we aren't stuck wondering why Splintertree has been sieged for a year now.

3. A lot of areas have to be combed through, which is why it may still take a little time. There are a number of strange spawns that need to be fixed in the world, and we need to make sure that there aren't any stray phasing quests out there that might screw up areas as viable event locations.

4. Most likely, we will open up profiles for Cataclysm characters (meaning Goblins, Worgen, and the new race/class combinations) before we actually make the move, in order to allow a smooth transition. These characters, however, will obviously not be playable until Cataclysm is actually released. Note that we haven't opened that up yet, we'll let you know when we do!

5. The question of questing was brought up, and what will happen to those that enjoy doing dailies/quests between RPs. It's still up in the air, but the idea was tossed around to make our own dailies to complete, which might provide adequate diversion without relying on the retail quests. This may not be high priority, though, as obviously we're an RP server, we aren't out there to make a Blizz-like questing experience.

---

Now, the next question is: when will this happen? I dunno. A lot depends on the speed at which we end up working and how much there is that needs doing. We'll try to keep you all updated as we move forward, however.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Our bodies are ready, are yours?
(12-25-2012, 07:21 PM)Reigen Wrote: Our bodies are ready, are yours?

[Image: 560015_452096471486537_2113415439_n.jpg]
So many opportunities for Westfall role-play. Yes... Wait, what's that to the left of the farmhouse? Why, it's the raging chasm! Hmm...What an idea, hrm? Westfall rp leading up to the Cataclysm. The gears are turning in my head.

Spoiler:
[Image: Cataclysm-Westfall-2024.jpg]
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
[Image: ggmain20070622.jpg]
:|

Can't really say I'm excited for the change.

The fact that the race of xenophobic elves aren't constantly besieging any Horde presence in Ashenvale, ESPECIALLY after Cataclysm is literally enough for me to hate the heck out of the expansion.

It's not like a quarter of the forest hasn't been cut down or anything.

The multi-thousand year old home and whatnot.
Felix Wrote::|

Can't really say I'm excited for the change.

The fact that the race of xenophobic elves aren't constantly besieging any Horde presence in Ashenvale, ESPECIALLY after Cataclysm is literally enough for me to hate the heck out of the expansion.

It's not like a quarter of the forest hasn't been cut down or anything.

The multi-thousand year old home and whatnot.

I am willing to change that with RP I got a lot of ideas concerning the Nelf/Horde, if blizzard ain't doing it, we will.
It looks like it's about high time to see how the Thousand Needles gets flooded.

Beware, Forsaken, for when Hillsbrad is attacked, we shall be there to stop you.
Is there an event in which trolls kill a lot of other people?

Srry I haven't learned Cata lore... one expansion at a time for me...
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
will we have pre cata and post cata servers? Or is it going to be the whole COTH is cata now?
(12-25-2012, 09:39 PM)Felix Wrote: Can't really say I'm excited for the change.

They are. Oh, believe me, they are. In the Cataclysm version of Ashenvale, Splintertree Post and the Warsong Lumber Camp are under constant attack. The only Horde post that's not is Zoram'gar, and that's because the Nelves are too busy defending Maestra's Post and Astranaar to spare the forces for it.

In fact, that's the problem. Too many locations in Ashenvale are under attack at the same time, and it makes the area hard to RP in long-term. That's what I was talking about before: Splintertree is under constant assault. Not just a siege, no, we're talking arrows and catapult rocks flying every which way. That's not the kind of battle that leads to long-term sieges, so it's rather silly to have that place be stuck as it is.

The Alliance is not passive in Cataclysm. Not in the slightest. Take it from a Horde player that had to defend nearly every outpost of his faction's on retail from Alliance assaults.

To alpharius: The whole of CotH. We don't have the population to sustain two servers, so we want to keep the community undivided.
Will our characters be deleted... Or... The main CotH server will just move to cata?
There won't be any way to transfer characters, so they'll be gone. However, we are trying to make the transition as smooth as possible, so you won't need to re-submit profiles. I would suggest, before we make the switch, to keep a list of what RP items you have on each character to make it easier to recover from the wipe.
Awesome
Oh... So I grinded rep.. For nothing... I guess I will ask a GM to max rep me then

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CotH-Cataclysm: Official Kretol 9 2,715 05-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Cataclysm Profiles Kretol 39 8,357 04-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Krilari
  Cataclysm Mikain 19 5,329 09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Harmonic