The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A paladin
I wish to make a paladin who was in The Silverhand around the time it was first made and was an active member up until its destruction. How old would I have to make said paladin? I was thinking 40+....any opinions?
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.
The Silver Hand was made after the second war. You'd have to be about 45 years old to have been able to participate in the second war. They were disbanded during the third war, which you'd have to have been about 30 years old to have been able to fight in. So anywhere in-between those two ages would work for having been around during the Silver Hand days.
You sure they were disbanded? Thought they merged according to the server's wiki:

Quote:-The Argent Dawn and the Silver Hand have combined to create the Argent Crusade.

And baah, was looking up the age answer but you beated me LOL
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Aruen Wrote:You sure they were disbanded? Thought they merged according to the server's wiki:

Quote:-The Argent Dawn and the Silver Hand have combined to create the Argent Crusade.

And baah, was looking up the age answer but you beated me LOL

They disbanded when Arthas killed Uther. Tirion swore to restore the order, which he somewhat did by merging it with the Argent Dawn a while back in WotLK.
He meant during the Third War. That's exactly what he said. xD
The order was disbanded by Arthas himself before the culling of Stratholme if I'm not mistaken. :mrgreen:

Edit:
Actually Theik's right again. The dismisal before the gates of Stratholme was the mere beginning of the fall of the order. It vanished with Uther and the other paladin leaders' deaths. I even remember the quest in WC3. Damn hard one.
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
I'll go with 45...has a nice old and wise yet able to still fight feel to it.
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Theik Wrote:Uthur

Uther.

I cannot stand by idly and watch his name get warped and twisted!
Little by little, one travels far.
Errata Wrote:

Uther.

-Waves hand around.- You did not see a typo I made because it's way too late for me to be awake.
Theik Wrote:
Errata Wrote:

Uther.

-Waves hand around.- You did not see a typo I made because it's way too late for me to be awake.

[Image: 07.jpg]

He taught me.

Sorry.
Little by little, one travels far.
I was reading about the silver hand in WoWWiki, it's more are less part of the Argent Crusade. After the third war Tirion Fording tried to bring it back together and it exsisted until WotLK when it was merged with the Argent Crusade. Infact:

Several paladin trainers in Stormwind and Ironforge consider themselves to be part of the Order. A human paladin, Brother Sammuel, invites a new human paladin into the Order of the Silver Hand:

"But until then, be patient... Knight of the Silver Hand.

The dwarven paladin Bromos Grummner also invites a new dwarf paladin into the Order of the Silver Hand:

"You're a Knight of the Silver Hand now, be ready to play the part."
The silver hand didn't exist after the third war. The remnants became the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn, and a few loose paladins who still called themselves knights of the silver hand. Tirion himself was banished from human lands and lived in the plaguelands in a little hut up until Wrath of the Lich King, where he calls for the merge.
But how can a merge happen if The Order didn't exsist? Last time i heard a merge can't happen unless both sides exist.

Though decimated, the Silver Hand eventually bounced back. The Knights of the Silver Hand is an organization of paladins who have also studied and devoted themselves to the three virtues. It is the holy order that gives the paladins their sense of righteousness and allows a sense of community to strengthen their resolve. Although it is a proud organization, the paladins must give up a great deal to join, including their independence.

^ Taken from wowwiki ^

You keep saying they didn't exist after the third war but wowwiki keeps saying they were reformed into a New Order and the New Order is merged with the Argent Dawn in WotLK

v Also taken from wowwiki v

The Argent Crusade was created from the union of the Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Silver Hand.

According to the Tirion Fordring questline, from his perspective and opinion, the order no longer exists, having been destroyed by Arthas. After losing their leadership and being driven from their headquarters, the paladins scattered all over the continent, with some even following Jaina Proudmoore across the ocean to stay in Theramore. Tirion Fordring believes that no other paladin had the right to take up Uther's mantle as the leader of the Silver Hand. However, spurred by his son Taelan's death, Tirion vows to reform the Order, and to take his place as Highlord to combat the Scarlet Crusade and the Scourge.

^ More ^
Heroforgotten Wrote:According to the Tirion Fordring questline, from his perspective and opinion, the order no longer exists, having been destroyed by Arthas. After losing their leadership and being driven from their headquarters, the paladins scattered all over the continent, with some even following Jaina Proudmoore across the ocean to stay in Theramore. Tirion Fordring believes that no other paladin had the right to take up Uther's mantle as the leader of the Silver Hand. However, spurred by his son Taelan's death, Tirion vows to reform the Order, and to take his place as Highlord to combat the Scarlet Crusade and the Scourge.

^ More ^

Which he does in Wrath of the Lich King. Which is when he declares that the Silver Hand exists once again and he calls for a merge with the Argent Dawn into the Argent Crusade. It happens at the end of the death knight starter quest chain. The actual quest chain where Tirion Fordring says the Silver Hand doesn't exist is pre-WotLK, in EPL.

They did not exist as an actual organization to that point because there was no leadership and their members were scattered all across the country.
See...this is why I wish Wowwiki would have timelines when listing events....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Paladin's Code Xigo 34 7,363 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  From Paladin to Rogue. jak13 1 707 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Etmosril
  Paladin Groups Heroforgotten 1 704 05-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Hogral
  Paladin questions gryphonqueen13 3 894 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Alhert