The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Profiles for Children
A suggestion I thought of today, while writing a pet profile, was that it would be useful to have a profile system for children of characters. The reason it is useful is because I RP a child alongside one of my characters, and I know others who do the same. What makes children legitimate enough for their own profile is that they are with the character very often and they are RP'd by the player of that character; this is very similar to pets and companions, which have their own profile system. The profile for children would be the same as a normal character, but there'd be a section in there that says "Child of:" somewhere near the top of the profile sections. Also, this is for underage children, since it's against the rules to actually play an under-aged character [under 18] on the server. Just thought I'd throw it out there because it's good for referencing when it comes to that invisible child the player is emoting all the time, and helps flesh the little character out in a way that the mechanics of WoW can't.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Ghurm Wrote:under 18) on the server.

I want to be a one smiling orc with shades too!

Edit: I support this idea!
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
I think there is a solid policy against playing children.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Currently, we do not allow players to RP as children. I know some players in the past have RP'd their characters NPC children at times, but this was in a very very limited capacity.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
There's a big difference between roleplaying as a child and puppeting an NPC/invisible child. :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
It'd certainly be nice. I mean, I always liked the idea of having a lil' munchkin in the AP family walking hand in hand with his/her momma and papa. But...It's not allowed. There's always RP for that though, which I plan on incorporating into my rp, and have done for a bit. Squabbling siblings, Mark bouncing a kid on his knee; all that stuff fathers do.
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
Guys, I'm not talking about playing a child character. I'm talking about children of characters that are puppeted to interact alongside the parent character. The child character is an extension to the parent character much like the companion is an extension of the character that owns him/her.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
The concept does have merit, it would, as Ghurm has stated, essentially be a pet profile.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
If its a profile for an NPC, I see no harm in it.
Not like anyone's CMCing a kid or rolling a character and passing them off as under 18.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special profiles for half breeds. mangaboy111 3 1,228 09-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Children's Week Gunnash 1 856 09-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Character quotes in profiles mimloopen 4 1,096 04-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Introductions and Profiles Hadrix 4 1,134 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Qaza