The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introductions and Profiles
Just trying to be helpful here, and as I have seen no specific rule shown about this, I'm gonna' do my best to say what needs to be said, in my opinion that is.

The introductions sub-forum is not for putting up character profiles or bios of any kind. There is a reason for the 'Character Profiles' sub-forum!

(I have noticed a trend in more recent introductions now, but I can't seem t' find any good examples currently >_<)

The Introductions area is a little thread that lets you apply to join the/our server and collect your vouches for gruntship, more or less. I have been seeing now, that people keep adding in a little character bio or something along those lines, and although this may not be against any specific rules/policies, things need to be put in their places. If you have a character profile ready to roll, wait until you become upgraded from a visitor to a Peon to start placing profiles, unless of course, you can place them as a visitor.

I would like it if some higher-up would please just tell me if I'm wrong, and I'm guessing I am SOMEWHERE, or if I should remove this, reword etc.
[Image: 17fc015027abf9cda7b6d77b0ebe4fab.jpg]
Well, it´s always nice to see how someone writes, RPs or what kind of character they tend to make/wish to play. So I wouldn´t say it isn´t allowed, I even like it when people include some written work, as long as it´s taged on as an example not the entire intro. Unless you make an introduction from a IC perspective (while including the answers to the questions provided, of course).

Edit; Oh, and I moved this to the GM Requests/Suggestions forum since it´s not really a introduction. *smirk*
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

No, what I was saying was that there are people I have seen, writing fully completed character profiles and putting in their introduction/application to join the server. They deserve to be put in their proper place, no?
[Image: 17fc015027abf9cda7b6d77b0ebe4fab.jpg]
That´s what I was refering to too, some might want to show what kind of characters they like to play, or show their skill at RP in some such way.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I actually don't mind at all if someone wants to include a character profile as part of their introduction. There's no rule against it, and there shouldn't be. As long as they complete what we ask for in their introduction it's cool, and I'm tickled when people go above and beyond. The profile will need to find it's way over to the proper place once it is time to get it approved, but it seems most people who have done this in the past understand that.

Intro + example profile = Fine.
Profile INSTEAD of intro = Not fine.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special profiles for half breeds. mangaboy111 3 1,228 09-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Character quotes in profiles mimloopen 4 1,096 04-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Profiles for Children Geoni 8 1,277 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda