The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

1/2/13 - Cataclysm Code Stuff
So, as I mentioned in the Cata announcement thread the other day, it's almost certain we'll be sticking with 4.3.4 (with TrinityCore). Doing this has also made it quite easier to port over custom code changes.

Some notes:

- Custom creatures and self-made gameobjects have been ported over. This does not include gameobjects requiring the patch (and those ones probably won't be re-introduced anytime in the near future).

- Next on the plate is porting over custom-made items. .addrp items will be recreated using the Cata item database table.

- Transmogrifying is free. Once I have .addrp items in the database, I'll test using them as sources for transmog (hopefully the code will permit removing the "no stats" restriction).

- I've successfully tested mail retrieval being at an account level. This means that mail sent to any of your characters can also be retrieved from any of your characters on that same account.
e.g. Kretol sends Grakor a mail. Grak doesn't feel like playing Grak during that week and has been on Balgarn and Thragash for most of the week. Grak still sees that he received a message whether he's on Balgarn or Thragash (he also sees the new mail indicator on his minimap border).
Downside: Mail does not specify who it's to, considering it's not normally supposed to act like this. I'll test a bit more and see if I can automatically make the code pre-pend messages with something like "To: CharacterName\n\n" or such so there's no confusion.
Now what about all of those custom RP zones you guys have made? it doesn't seem like many of them will be able to be transferred over onto the same spot with the massive changes to many of the zones. I'm just curious as to the servers plans for that. I'm assuming many of them will have to be relocated.
Wait, what if you're for example sending money to a character, or a specific item you want a specific character to have?

Lord Kretol! I bear bad news my lord! The Trinity Cata Client that you showed in a torrent does not work my lord! I tried opening and running the Wow.exe in it but the damnedeth thing did not work!

..Okay Kretol I tried starting it up several times now I'm being spammed with WoW critical errors, should I be worried?

I wasn't able to catch any of the errors aside from one, 'Failed to open archive\Data\World.MPQ
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
(01-02-2013, 04:55 PM)alpharius Wrote: Now what about all of those custom RP zones you guys have made? it doesn't seem like many of them will be able to be transferred over onto the same spot with the massive changes to many of the zones. I'm just curious as to the servers plans for that. I'm assuming many of them will have to be relocated.

Many of the custom RP zones will not be able to be remade in their original state, or will not be viable due to the removal of the custom patch. However, I'm confident that we can supply some new areas, and even remake some of the older areas with some margin of effort.

We'll see, in short. I'm not exactly sure what we're going to be given to use.
(01-02-2013, 06:17 PM)Rigley Wrote: Many of the custom RP zones will not be able to be remade in their original state, or will not be viable due to the removal of the custom patch. However, I'm confident that we can supply some new areas, and even remake some of the older areas with some margin of effort.

Yikes. All that hard work, eh?
You'd be surprised how much is work and how much is pleasure when it comes to spawning and building.
Well if it's anything like UE3, I can definitely imagine it... :D
A shame, I'm gonna miss Northwind, the Alliance estate, the BE stuff, and Vale's Heart :\
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I think the nostats should work for transmoging, considering there are no stat versions on retail.
(01-02-2013, 06:17 PM)Rigley Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 04:55 PM)alpharius Wrote: Now what about all of those custom RP zones you guys have made? it doesn't seem like many of them will be able to be transferred over onto the same spot with the massive changes to many of the zones. I'm just curious as to the servers plans for that. I'm assuming many of them will have to be relocated.

Many of the custom RP zones will not be able to be remade in their original state, or will not be viable due to the removal of the custom patch. However, I'm confident that we can supply some new areas, and even remake some of the older areas with some margin of effort.

Hopefully, despite the Cataclysm, Ratchet-on-the-Rocks not only survives, but goes on to thrive with its new tracts of Beachfront property and the arrival of the Speedbarge.
(01-05-2013, 12:57 PM)Scow2 Wrote: of the custom RP zones will not be able to be remade in their original state, or will not be viable due to the removal of the custom patch. However, I'm confident that we can supply some new areas, and even remake some of the older areas with some margin of effort.

Hopefully, despite the Cataclysm, Ratchet-on-the-Rocks not only survives, but goes on to thrive with its new tracts of Beachfront property and the arrival of the Speedbarge.
[/quote]

Ratchet on the Rocks is actually -almost- completely dependant upon the patch; I believe there isn't a single structural part of it that uses the normal game objects. If it were to be rebuilt it would have to have a massive facelift, by which I mean it'd likely end up made out of the 'duskwood' human objects we have available.

Then again, with Cata we'll also have Kezan. So.

Luckily the nature of Cataclysm means a lot of destruction would be expected and most areas could be explained away rather easily.

Xavier's house gets destroyed first.
(01-05-2013, 01:41 PM)Rigley Wrote: Xavier's house gets destroyed first.

Nah, with his luck? It'll be the next Noah's Ark.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
That's only after the raptors/bird/drunkenpugs/militiamembers/enemies/acts of titans/Paulton have at it first.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2/27/13 - Cataclysm Updates Kretol 7 3,008 03-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  2/8/13 - Forum Stuff Kretol 0 782 02-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  9/7/12 - Code Changes Kretol 0 1,143 09-07-2012, 12:39 AM