The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Made a Kaldorei, have some questions.
Hello, I've made a Kaldorei Hunter.. Also a Hunter Icly, nothing special yet. She's a little bit of an introvert so quite dreamy etc, but I had some questions before I really want to play her.

First, what are a few things you just NEED to know as a Kaldorei, like what they just wouldn't do, like a dream to marry an Orc wouldn't really fit, right.. I guess you get the point. I've already read some of the guides.

My other question is, do any of you have some ideas, to create a bit more depth?

Thank you for reading.
Here's a comprehensive guide for you. It ought to help you get a good feel for the culture and mindset of a Night Elf. If you have any questions after reading it, give us a poke.
I've completely read that guide and the other aswell too. I'm more searching for the little things, things that aren't seen in the guides. Maybe even the way they talk, all these stuff.

Thanks for the reply! :)
The tiny details that vary from character to character are highly dependant on the big details. Significant events - which Night Elf history is rich with - already contribute greatly to the individuals they become. To what extent depends on numerous factors, such as their age, involvement, and how much those events affected them. To give an example, a Night Elf old enough to have witnessed the events leading up to the War of the Ancients and the Sundering might feel deeply connected with Azeroth and a bit resentful or mistrustful of Arcane-users. Night Elves born after those events would have heard about them second hand, and may either be predisposed towards progression and the safe reintroduction of Arcane into Night Elf society, or they may have heeded the words of their elders and share their caution for its usage.

But again, this is all pretty variable, and you can validate most points of view with ample reasoning.

The best advice I could give is to work out your character's basic history framework, and then decide how her life events have affected the way she thinks and acts.

Without some cane-shaking, it's hard to compose a list of do's and don't's. Try to avoid playing a 'purple long-eared human', if you can. Even the youngest Night Elves have been born into a culture that's millennia old, and have probably been nurtured, raised, and tutored by elves thousands of years their seniors, so it would be a bit odd for thirty or so years of exposure to other races to influence them to the point of losing their racial identity.

You can't really go too far wrong if you start conservatively.

/tucks the cane away again
These are pieces of lore that are, for the most part, from the RPG book since we get so much lore from there. Don't use these as fact, but rather inspiration for your character.

Moon berry juice is commonly used in lieu of alcoholic beverages. It has an uplifting feeling, like floating on a cloud if I remember correctly. The berries are found around Moonwells, and that's. what gives them their magical properties.

Also found, and subsequently changed by, Moonwells are Phasespiders. These are said to make the in-game item 'Portable Hole'. The webs weaved by the spiders can be sewn together to create a sort of pocket dimension.

Zin-Azshara is thought to have had its edge in the zone of Azshara. If that's true, and the sundering took place at the well of eternity (IE the Maelstrom) then it must have been a pretty big city.

Suramar is another major elven city.

High borne were using a demon, Immolthar to fuel their immortality. It would be a neat plot point to assume the highborne are trying to rejoin the Night Elves simply because their immortality is up.

Not all males are Druids. Some chose to become craftsmen. I you weren't good at a craft, you were essentially pressed into the service of the Green Dragonflight. Depending on your view on the matter, of course.

Tyrande slaughtered a bunch of elves in the barrow deeps, but no one seems to remember...

Some Highborne were trapped in crystals, being promised it would protect them from the Sundering, but it was actually a trap. They've been used as arcane batteries for the last ten thousand years by a cult in Darkshore.

A lot of Night Elf buildings seem to have been grown.

You can have an angry Elf, they don't all have to be superior beings. Immortality is just a way to cultivate ten thousand years of bad habits for some people.

I can post more later, if you want. I'm in class on my ipad at the moment, haha
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Thanks both of you :) Quite helpful :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Which one of you made this? CappnRob 10 2,016 02-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae