The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Need feedback on a Character's look
Back in retail WoW in Wyrmrest Accord server I had a Blood Elf paladin named Lenias Moonsorrow. Lenias was your normal Blood Knight except for one thing, he had red glowing eyes. Now it's not what you think, he wasn't born like that, he was born like a normal blood elf with normal eye color. The reason why he has ruby eyes is because they are enchanted rubies that allow him to see. A close friend of his gone traitor had clawed out his eyes and left him for dead if not for his father's personal guards finding him and taking him to get healed.

Now what I want too know is can I continue with this story on Conquest of the Horde? Can I keep him with this little quirk and not get any problems from the GM's? I want too know before I put the time in making a profile.
I do not believe such is possible on here. There are folk with engineered eye-aids (read: goggles), but this might go against the "no weird eye color rule". Seems like something people take and run with to get around it. Also, on here, Light and nature magic can pretty much heal anything, so you have to ask why this injury was unable to be healed.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Blood elves must have green eyes. He could possibly scoop out his old eyes and replace them with glass red eyes but then that may cause an awkward moment of "I can't see a f---ing thing!"
I am rather curious--why rubies? Rubies are extremely rare, and to stick them in someone's skull would be asking for a bandit to shank him for good coin.

I would not mind red glass eyes, but red would beg questions and garner unwanted attention from other people. Eye color is a sensitive subject among blood elves, as eye color is an indication of arcane vs. fel consumption and, thus, distinguishes the faction affiliation divide (blue for High Elves, green for Blood elves). Red would make him stick out like a sore thumb and probably be unwelcomed everywhere due to other elves being unable to detect any presence of fel consumption at a glance. Green glass eyes are much more practical.

Given how players have given their characters mechanical eyes (via engineering), the closest you can get your character replacement red eyes without grabbing unwanted attention is through red lighting via mechanical prosthetics. However, I know for a fact this opinion would not be shared by everyone. I personally have no problem with mechanical prosthetic eyes.

We'll see from other people. I know you're hoping to avoid an uphill battle with the GMs, so I'm simply giving you why it'd be a bit of a problem.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
To be fair, gemstones in WoW tend to have magic or otherwise odd properties, and Star Rubies are used in a -lot- of engineering goggles.

That said, he could very well just have augmented goggle-eyes, ya know?

Maybe instead of rubies, he could have enchanted seeing-stone eyes? Scrying orbs/crystal eyes, something like that. Just tossing around alternative ideas.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(01-25-2013, 08:50 PM)CappnRob Wrote: To be fair, gemstones in WoW tend to have magic or otherwise odd properties, and Star Rubies are used in a -lot- of engineering goggles.

I'd always figured that the use of gems in goggles was just a quirk of the crafting system. Since the other mining-fed professions use gems, engineering uses gems because it would be silly to have engineering use types of glass instead, which would only be used for that one profession.

It's open to interpretation, though.

On the topic at hand, I always felt that characters with unusual eye colors was very...gimmicky, and I don't fully understand why a character concept should hinge on something like that.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Honestly originally I went for rubies because of the color. I never thought of claiming that they were star rubies, or to make them green because I did want my character to have some uniqueness too himself. This is why I asked because I knew things like this could cause me unnecessary struggle to get my profile going.

Also the bit of information of Blood elves being sensitive too the eye colors, I never really knew that. Now that I have this information I realize that it was mistake to try and make myself unique in such a dumb way. So much for Crimson Crusdaer Lenias :/ Either way thanks a lot for your feedback guys.
Special snowflake stuff is ok, but like Grakor said...

You shouldn't let a character's whole concept HINGE on that gimmick. Gimmicks should enhance a character, not carry it.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
There isn't much to add, but you should try looking at it the logical way.

Red eyes are a frightening thing. They look demonic, unpleasant, and just mean to look at. Would the character actually -want- to be excluded socially?

Alongside that, you don't need a different eye color to make your character unique. A good personality is all you need.
All you'd ever meet with red eyes would be people trying to stab you or smite you. "Red eyes" don't make your character cool, they make him dangerous, alien, and prone to be attacked on sight.

While casting a spell can temporarily change the eye color, too, no injury could really turn the eyes red and leave them this way. Magical and physical healing can cater to healing, maybe not as powerful as some like to point out because it takes a lot of energy, but certainly powerful enough to "attune" what I perceive to be arcane vibes in the eyes of elves back to their "corrupted"/"fel consumed"/whatever green color.

You don't need red eyes to be cool. You don't need red eyes to be noticed. Getting attention is nice, but quite overrated too, so don't let yourself be carried over by the obsession of being noticed wherever you go. You can be different without going outside of your racial boundaries. Sometimes heroic becomes mundane, and mundane becomes heroic. If your character is interesting, he will be noticed, and no red eyes could ever make up for that.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut