The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Grakor Character Break-Down
So once more I find myself in a position where I'm not really logging on to CotH due to general lack of RP. I'm having to consider what I want to do with some of my characters, so I'm going through my list of them and seeing what plans I have for them both Pre and Post Cata, and see what exactly I want to do. This is half a scratch-pad and half a personals post. That said, I've had a lot of "We should do X" responses to my personals posts that never result in anything, so I'll need to find something that truly captures my interest. That's the problem, I think. Finding things that capture my interest. Finding stuff to get involved in has always been kind of difficult for me.

So, I loves me my romantic RP. That doesn't happen too often, though, and attempts at getting interest from personals threads have pretty much always failed. Doesn't stop me from trying though. (Aside: romance RP =/= ERP. FFS!) Beyond that, whatever adventures I can manage to get involved in are fun, but also difficult to get into. A lot of guilds feel a little exclusive or I know nothing about them, which makes it difficult to get into them.

Doesn't help that a lot of retcons or general storyline drops are going on with some of my boys. So, on to the list...

Grakor - Grak's fairly alright where he is. I would like for him to see more use as an assistant for events (he's intended to be a good supporting character, in terms of offering advice or helping guide the flow of events without being the "hero" of the story.) I may or may not be able to get him involved in certain RPs depending on how things go with certain characters. Either way, I think I can do more with him if I want.

Balgarn - Now this is where things get tricky. Balgarn is a character I've always loved playing, but ended up being very difficult to incorporate into RP. I'm probably going to have to find a way to jar him out of the Earthshakers, because if there's ES stuff going on, I'm probably on Grakor instead.

The problem is that Balgarn is a fairly static character, and his only real point of character development was in Skin Thieves 2. Unfortunately, Koringar is no longer played and it's almost certain that, at the very least, their relationship will get retconned. So, I'm running into the problem of not knowing what to do with him at all. I'd like to do more with him, as the repentant DK angle always manages to make me happy, but I'm not sure how to get him involved in anything.

Thragash - Thragash was dumped by Rhozak. Bummer. Good news: he's available!

Thragash was, for the longest time, probably the character I was most known for and who people seemed to like the most. For that reason alone, I don't want to get rid of him. However, his story has kind of been told. He started as a nobody and then over time became something much more than that. He's probably got the most completed "arc" of any of my characters. He's doing Sable Dragon stuff now, at least.

Surthak - I'm not sure if I want to keep Surthak in the Grey Militia. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it doesn't really mesh completely well with Surthak's overall aims, becoming a demon-slaying warlock and keeping his senses about him. Grey Militia RP has also kind of died for a good while.

Surthak is probably the character I have that could use the most help in forging links with other characters. He's single, he's a warlock without a teacher and he just generally hasn't had much time to forge links with people.

Gunnar - Gunnar's up and running again. Gorzan wasn't retconned, so he's just hanging about, keeping his secret love a secret. He's pretty set.

Ulfarr - Sarcastic worgen druid dude. So much snark. So much sarcasm. He sees RP now and then, working with Spiky's Leander.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
We should RP sometime!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

I have a challenge for you.

Make a manly Blood Elf warrior for Cata. Do that, and I have a few characters in mind to bounce off you. ;)

Caaaave in. You know you wanna!
(01-28-2013, 03:07 PM)McKnighter Wrote: I have a challenge for you.

Make a manly Blood Elf warrior for Cata. Do that, and I have a few characters in mind to bounce off you. ;)

No.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
/shakesfist

One day!
(01-28-2013, 03:14 PM)McKnighter Wrote: /shakesfist

One day!

It will never happen!
Your online times probably don't synch well with my own but I still wanna throw this out there. For my troll Bokuru I have taken a slightly new approach to roleplay to make it more rewarding, adding more depth and just offer more content. What I first of all do is roleplay his life in more detail, if he needs herbs then I will have to actually roleplay him picking them and so on. To simulate success I rely on rolls, no strict tables or anything but rather just set a reasonable threshold and follow it. Progress for the character is planned and also connected to rolls and is triggered by certain events and the better he becomes the harder it will be to make progress.

Most of this RP I do with Zhaei which follows a similar system for his troll and while we RP, we act as DMs for each other. For example I decide the threshold for his troll and so on, with discussion of course if needed. What I suggest for you, Grakor, is that you even try this with us or make your own similar project for a character. I realize this might be a bit fuzzy but going into great detail would simply make a too long post for this hour.

It'd be nice to get another troll into the mix, right now we have stirred up Kuavi (shadow hunter) once and I'm hoping to see Mar'waz appear and meet her childhood friend.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(01-28-2013, 03:09 PM)Grakor456 Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 03:07 PM)McKnighter Wrote: I have a challenge for you.

No.

Boris Goldenpecs will live some day.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'd have a romance with one of your characters, Grak, but I'd get banned.

Also, we should RP sometime.

You're a bro.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
While I can't really offer a romance option, I'd always enjoy more RP with Orvisha and likely Grakor.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Skype RP. My in-game time frame is out of yours :(.

As for romance RP, that's not hard to ask. My current sole gay character is at risk of losing his lover, though I am reluctant to see it go. If not, well, there's him. I also have a couple other bisexual males.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I'm not sure if I've had hugely romantic RP, but I'd be willing to give that a try. Honestly I don't really have much on CotH right now and I'm trying to find a character to help me stay tied down and back in CotH.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
(01-28-2013, 04:57 PM)Clovis Wrote: Boris Goldenpecs will live some day.

"DEY CALL ME BORIS, AND DESE IS MY PECKS! DEY IS MADE FROM GOLD, SEE? NOW WATCH ME KISS MY SILVER BICEPTS!"

I would pay money to see this profile.
alpharius Wrote:I would pay money to see this profile.

Is that a challenge I smell?

On a more related note, I'm afraid I can't provide many romance options :c However, I am open to some good ol' Horde RP with my orc Gorgrash. Or Alliance vs. Horde with any of my (crazy) Alliance-savvy lads.
I'm having some similar issues myself. In deciding my potentials for future RP, I came to an interesting decision of character to return to. Ogarlok'tra Dreamshatter. Basically an old Shadowmoon Orc finding her place in the new Horde. If it's something that interests you, shoot me a PM and let me know when you are generally on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grakor Grumbles: Race/Class Expansions Grakor456 115 17,338 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Grakor Grumbles: Subraces Grakor456 31 7,027 02-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Grakor Grumbles: Spirit Companions Grakor456 20 4,190 08-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Grakor Grumbles: Heights and Weights Grakor456 31 5,919 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Grakor Grumbles: Custom Server Lore Grakor456 26 5,332 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Reigen