The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

grumpy butt (asgrend) needs a master
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Asgrend

There. Now you know who he (me) is. Let's get to the fun part:

I'm a very big fan of the highlander series: movies, tv series... everything about it is pretty damn cool. The one thing that I've noticed is this: horde/alliance DKs are a lot like immortals, in a sense. They die, they come back, and now they have all these new powers and rules they have no idea about. Usually what happens is another, more experienced immortal comes along and teaches them everything they need to know: the rules, the gathering, the quickening, holy ground, and how to fight with a kick ass sword (the only way to kill an immortal is to cut off their heads. Mortals are able to do this as well.)

Basically here's the thing: Since being resurrected, Asgrend only knows the basics of DKing. He has not even stepped onto or near the ebon hold except for a one time RP thing for about ten minutes... and then never went back. So he knows absolutely nothing about death knights or how they works.

So, the plan! Have DK players who want to take in a trainee (totally at one anothers discretion, of course) and then go from there. I think it would be fun! What we could do is just plan to meet up somewhere, and then see if it would work out.

What say yee, oh conquest of the horde players?
bump?
I am no lore expert by any means so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that as soon as DK's are raised the Lich King chucks them into combat. And depending on how long ago he was resurrected he would have had a lot of combat to partake in before Light's Hope (Which in itself was combat intensive).

That's not to say DK's can't be trained. Just that they are literally created as a cut above the standard Lich King's servants.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Pretty much what Mim said. All 3rd Gen Death Knights were shock troopers for the Scourge, they would know who and what they are since they were only raised in the Ebon Hold.
Yeah see I tried to pull that on my profile, but the forum helpers pretty much said the archerus event was our DK thing. So, DKs would not have fought outside of archerus.
okay after much thought and a few cups of coffee, I get that you guys don't understand what I'm tryin to get at. These things happen with me. I KNOW what I'm saying! lol.

SO! The idea was after his ressurection and his connection breaking off with the scourge, he doesn't really understand his powers to be able to use them. The only blade he's got that been engraved with runes is the one he started out with. So he's got these abilities that he doesn't really understand or know how to use. He also doesn't know a thing about deathknights because he pretty much took off right after everything was said and done, and he really wanted nothing to do with them, because according to him, the ebon hold is no better than the scourge. The first time I RPed there, actually, he called their group a cult. After a few chats with some fellow death knights he understands that he has to go back to the ebon hold and he has to get the right training, understanding, and he has to come to grips with who he is. Make sense?
Quote:The playable death knights are the uniformly undead[5] members of the Death Knights of Acherus, a regiment consisting of hundreds[6] of death knights stationed at the necropolis Acherus: The Ebon Hold under the direct command of the Lich King and Highlord Darion Mograine. These death knights were set loose upon the Scarlet Enclave, culminating in the flight of the newly-formed Scarlet Onslaught to Northrend and the subsequent massacre known as the Scarlet Apocalypse, in which the death knights decimated Scarlet reinforcements. After this, the Death Knights of Acherus were sent to Light's Hope Chapel to destroy the Argent Dawn.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Deathknight

So from what I understand, you are wanting to play a Death Knight that was literally risen minutes before the battle of Light's Hope Chapel, somehow left the Ebon Hold without being properly trained or tested(note that there are many would-be Death Knights that simply died, couldn't handle being a Death Knight, or were too weak and were used in a trial for new initiates.)

So I ask this, how did he leave and not learn anything about being a Death Knight? The Scourge don't play around, and the Ebon Knights are very quick to act if one of their members is causing trouble and giving them a bad image. They're still very much hated for being former Scourge, and they are only tolerated because they were useful against the Lich King in Northrend.

I hate to be the one to shoot down your idea, but if there's lore that allows you to do this, then don't mind me.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...#pid279198

JVNemesis Wrote:The main reason for the Acherus thing is that the battle for Light's Hope is where most (if not all?) of the Ebon Blade knights were freed, I believe. There were also only two main 'spawning grounds,' so to speak, for the knights; Acherus and Malykriss, and Malykriss didn't come until quite a bit later. I don't, however, believe there were any death knights in the Scourge Invasion events. They weren't actually around yet, because Acherus hadn't floated on over, and it was only in the Eastern Kingdoms!

That is what I was told when I wanted my guy to be broken from his scourge control in Winterspring.

Now, as to why: After the whole incident, my guy pretty much left the scene. There was no after training, there was just hey I'm free I'm leaving. I'm taking his training exactly how it happened in the game: Training stopped after level 65, so there were no new skills trained after that. So, because he didn't go back after the archerus incident, here we have this death knight who is under trained and doesn't understand any of this death knight business because he didn't stick around for anyone to tell him anything, and that's exactly what he wanted. he views the ebon hold as a cult, and as you say, no better than the scourge.

We're also going off of the idea that the guy in charge (Arthas...) would not have taken time out of his busy schedule to say "Hey you're a death knight, this means..." No, he would have said "Good, you're a death knight, get into position, shut up, and do what I say," and there wasn't exactly any free time for someone to sit down and explain what this means, either, there would have been training, fighting, etc. This is a big operation, and it had to keep flowing. Plus, if you're under the control of the scourge, you're mindless, and wouldn't have even cared, so it's a waste of time to explain the do's and don't to a mindless servant. I'm sure you're waiting for the inevitable "He doesn't remember" line. (That's a joke, fyi.)

Another thing is he didn't stick around Eastern Kingdoms long enough for the ebon hold to snatch him up and send him on his way the proper way. He was there about three months tops, constantly on the move, and then after a quick visit to durotar to swear allegiance to the horde, he flew back off to Northrend, living in a lifestyle of what we would now call off the grid and out of the way.

That's the thought process.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old bones looking for a master to serve! Ruibarra 1 713 12-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  In need of succubus master Sorum 5 1,531 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Sorum
  Wanted: Master Edgar 2 993 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Edgar
  Looking for a combat trainer/weapons master! Scout 0 553 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Kira LF Paladin master. Kira13 0 634 06-11-2012, 03:31 AM