The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

TLE Presents: The 2013 "Love-Is-In-The-Air" Festival!
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/calend...calendar=1

[Image: tlelovelogosamplecoth.gif]

Starting February 10 to the 24th, the Winterspring Resort and Fairgrounds will be open to the public for fun and romantic RP! From hot springs and snow banks to skating rinks and love nests, the Resort will accomodate all your loving needs! Games and events will be available all two weeks plus recurring explorations within the Ice Cavern.

The Festival event map, agenda, and schedule are below:

[Image: lovemap1.gif]

Quote:
Opening Ceremony and Spiritual Lessons in Love (Feb. 10 at 1:00 PM ST)

This will be lead and hosted by guest player characters who are spiritual leaders of any sort. I hope to have leaders in the Light, Spirits/Ancestors, Elune, Earthmother, and the Loa on what that player character believes to be love as according to their religion. I have no idea how we'll include Shadow.

Players can share how they feel their respective religions and traditions view love and unity. They must, however, gain approval from Kapre before they are allowed to speak. PM me if you wish to provide a lecture. Let's try to keep the event within 2 hours, so while you are allowed to belt out your ideas, try to keep it limited. I recommend preparing drafts.

Quote:
The Blind Date Game (Feb. 12 at 11:00 AM ST and 7:00 PM ST)

One contested will be seated and isolated from three others, who hide behind a curtain and away from view. After a series of questions, the isolated player will pick one out of three for a date in the resort!

The isolated player have only three questions to ask; they must be prepared ahead of time in macros. The hidden potential dates have only 2 full emotes to answer, and they are to take turns in asking. Each hidden player has only 2 minutes to answer their question.

Who plays the role of the isolated contested and the ones obscured by a curtain will depend on the genders and orientations who show up to the event. If you intend to attend the event, please prepare your questions ahead of time, regardless if you're an questioning or answering player.

This event is available as a repeat event on the same day.

Quote:
Ice Skating Race (Feb. 17 at 1:00 PM ST and 7:00-10:00 PM ST (starting time approximated))

This is a rally race where teams of 2 (made up of either a couple, singles, or platonic pairs) are pitted against each other. The goal is to be the first team to race around lake a total of 4 laps: two for one partner, two for the other.

Along the edges of the lake are flags; IC, they are decorative flags, but OOC, they are your checkpoints to /roll 10 as per the RW announcement. Please prepare your macros for /roll 10 before entering this event.
  • 5-10 means you get to progress to the next flag without much incident.
  • 4-3 means you were going too fast and slid right onto a snow bank, forcing you to unstuck yourself and continue the race. However, in doing so, you have missed a flag.
  • 2-1 means you took a nasty spill and must get up to continue. However, in doing so, you have missed a flag.

Third place winning team will receive a total of 1 G each as their prize. Second place will receive 2 G each. First place will receive 2 G each and a Big Love Rocket, courtesy of TLE's goblin sponsors.

This event is meant to be funny and fun, so no worries if you didn't win anything. Do have fun! This event is available as a repeat event on the same day.

Quote:
Strip Poker (Feb. 19 at 11:00 AM ST and 7:00 PM ST)

You are not required to know how to play poker OOC (hell, I don't). If you do, you may freely emote your hands, depending on your rolls.

The rules are simple and sweet: Everyone /roll 100 once for every RW, and lowest roller has to strip a major article/set of clothing. You are only allowed 5 "articles" of clothing. They are:
  • Hat (Jewelry counts for this too. All must be stripped at once)
  • Chest
  • Shoes
  • Gloves
  • Trousers

You're out of the game as soon as you are in your underwear. Full nudity is not allowed in this particular event (though if you hold a private strip poker game of your very own outside of this event, you are welcome to do so at your own discretion and with full party consent).

If the event ends up having more than 5 attendees, then the event will be divided up by groups of 5(ish) to prevent the event from dragging. As soon as a winner is determined within that party of 5, that winner can be pitted against the other winners with all their clothes fully on from the start of the new round.

Winner of this game can request any prize of their choice, though it must be IC appropriate. No OOC prizes allowed.

Quote:
Singing Contest (Feb. 21 at 7:00 PM)

Players bring forth their musical characters to perform and sing! Sadly, we can't exactly make our characters belt out a rock ballad with our own lips or spell rotations, so judging will have to go differently.

Players in the audience will vote on the performer based on trust. Judgement on the performance is based on:
  • Song choice
  • Stage presence
  • Emote quality in between lyrics
  • Usage of OOC spells for onstage special effects (IC provided by stage hands)
  • General energy/emotion/mood of the song and performance

You are allowed to use real life songs--However, you are absolutely not allowed to use songs that use real life references to places and people. "I Can't Help Falling In Love with You" by Elvis Presley is absolutely fine, but "American Pie" by Don Mclean is absolutely forbidden.

A point system will be provided if you fulfill the above. In addition, an added point will be granted if you wrote the song yourself.

Quote:
Impromptu Play (Feb. 24 at 1:00 PM)

TBA

On either Thursday will be a wedding! Scheduling is a WIP.

General rules for each event are as follows:
  • 1.) To prevent chat clutter during events (especially during a show or lecture), please restrict your one-one IC chats within whispers or /Party. A Raid chat will be made available for all attendees, with Party reserved for individuals who wish to speak among themselves IC. If you wish to move from one group to another, please request it in Raid. Otherwise, /Say is reserved when speaking to everyone and anyone indiscriminately in the event.

2.) No combat or fighting with in the resort and fairgrounds. Any attempts to pick a fight will get you immediately kicked out. A second offense will have your character banned IC and enforced through guards. A third offense will be viewed as troublemaking on the player's account and will be approached appropriately by the GM team. If your character was IC banned but you wish to return to the festival, please login on another character and behave.

3.) No big damn heroes. Wait, wrong kind of event.

4.) "Creeper" types of characters are absolutely prohibited. Stalkers, rapists, and other individuals of ill-intent will get your character automatically banned from the event. Repeated harassing will prompt GM intervention.

5.) Fel-usage and other criminal/violent/dark activity will get your character automatically banned from the event. Warlocks, Rogues, and Shadow users are allowed to attend the event and have fun, but you must not use your abilities for any reason, as not only is it not needed, but it may cause unneeded trouble.

6.) No demons allowed whatsoever. Hunter pets must be kept at the stables.

7.) No CWs allowed.

8.) Other standard CotH rules apply. No metagaming, no powergaming, etc.

To sign-up for a place in the Festival besides a spectator and casual attendee, go here!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
The Ice Skating Race and Strip Poker game rules have been announced, plus a map where major locations are. If you wish to sign-up, please follow the links provided.
I can't make the blind date session with Gurvok tonight because I've become slammed with work.

I hope you'll do it with next year's festival, the blind-dating concept seems like it's interesting and fun to RP. D:
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(02-08-2013, 02:30 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote:               On either Thursday will be a wedding! Scheduling is a WIP.

This is scheduled for this Thursday (tomorrow) at 7:00pm Server Time. So, the time slots for the later events, essentially.

All festival go-ers invited! Disrupters will meet Gantrithor's hoof.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(02-13-2013, 12:40 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: All festival go-ers invited! Disrupters will meet Gantrithor's hoof.

And fist.

And pretty much the rest of him, too. BODY SLAM!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Any disrupters have to answer to Xanthe.

And nobody wants that. :|
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Is Jof'waz grabbing butts a disruption?
(02-13-2013, 04:01 PM)Mathias Wrote: Is Jof'waz grabbing butts a disruption?

So long as it's not Orvisha. Gantrithor is fair game.
My sincerest apologies for tonight. Though I arrived roughly on-time for the wedding, almost literally 10 minutes after I come home, family arrived much earlier than anticipated. Due to the family van being in the repair shop--and the fact that my little brother has no school tomorrow--I ended up going with them for the drive to a store to run errands. Lo and behold, as if my day could get any worse, Gian took an hour to eat his dinner, I had to cook and clean, and the little boy didn't even want to get down the car. It was a wasted minute after a wasted minute, and by the time I came home, WELL, THE BRIDE AND GROOM WENT TO BED.

We will try again tomorrow. I am told that family will be leaving for Vegas for the day, and because of work, I cannot go with them (praise the Lord). We should be able to hold the wedding the same time tomorrow night.
For Immy:

[Image: kitten-hugs-30.jpg]
Just in case kittenpuffs aren't enough:

[Image: August-10-2012-01-43-36-slothcuddles.jpg]
...Finally!

Spoiler:
[Image: 16c9dvs.jpg]
"And so, to commemorate their union, Orvisha and Corlmitz head-butted each other.

As is custom in Orcish romances."
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I love how Kapre is looking away in that screenshot, c0r :3 How well-timed.
Quote:[9:42:58 PM] C0rinne: You dork
[9:43:20 PM] C0rinne: Kapre's like PFFFFFFT
[9:43:25 PM] Christina Cross: D'aaaaw
[9:43:38 PM] Salathiel (ImagenAshyun): Huh?
[9:43:48 PM] C0rinne: He's looking away
[9:43:48 PM] Salathiel (ImagenAshyun): Oh my lol, Kapre.
[9:43:59 PM] Salathiel (ImagenAshyun): DARN IDLE ANIMATIONS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter's Veil Festival in Tyr's Hand (12-20-2014 - 01:00 PM GMT) CappnRob 1 1,720 12-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  The Wickerman Festival Vooz 3 2,693 10-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Vooz
  The Love Festival 2014 (02-16-2014 - 02:00 PM GMT--8) ImagenAshyun 33 10,063 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  TLE Festival 2014 Impromptu Play Sign-ups and Planning! Geoni 19 6,827 03-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  TLE Presents: 2014 Job/Guild Recruitment Day! ImagenAshyun 25 4,517 01-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun