The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

At a complete lost with installing WoW
I've spent all day now trying to install Wow and get it to work and I feel like theres something i must be missing in the guides. I've read i think 3 of them now and heres all that ive done.

First try i took my actualy burning crusdade disk out, spent 1 hour and a half installing it, then i began the patching. It gets to version 4.0 then it says it has to optimize. Well as soon as i ran that it instantly chagned it to 5.3 rendering the entire install useless. I never got the chance to cancel the patching at 4.3.4a

So I tried this all again and the same thing happened.

So now the third attempt i went here http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...3-4a-15595 and downloaded the completely 4.3.4a folder, put it under program files and then i swapped out the .wtf file. The problem though is whenever i run the wow.exe it gives me some error saying the certificates could not be verified and after a few seconds the whole program just crashes.

So at this point I am just at a total lost as to whats going on. Is the folder I downloaded not complete? There isnt any instructions on what to even do with it, it just says download it, put int he updated WTF file and play.
Allllrighty!

From what I understand, you can't patch from the CDs. Sadly Blizzard changed it in Cataclysm that whenever you patch it will automatically attempt to install the latest version of retail WoW. What you need to do is download a torrent like you did and patch the .exe file with Skyfire patcher. If you're having problems with the wow folder itself it's very much possible that the torrent's files are borked and you need a new one. Finding a new copy of wow is rather easy since we have the lovely pirate bay to provide us with lists and lists of torrents.

Hope this has helped!

Quick Edit: https://github.com/ProjectSkyfire/SkyFir...%20Patcher

Link to the skyfire patcher, I believe. Sadly I run a mac and the process for mac WoW is a bit different.
Thank you so much for the quick response, I'll see if I can get this patcher program to work and if things are successfull ill post what I ended up having to do.
Ok I am now back at square zero again. I understand the entire change the realmlist.wtf file. And every single online tutorial I read basically says this, Install WoW, Edit wtf file. Register an account and login. But where all the tutorials are lacking is just where or how you install WoW.

I now downloaded all the patches that are listed in the guides here but they only take you up to like verions 3.3.3. After that i let the client patch itself to 4.0 but after doing that it became corrupted or something and wow itself wont even run. Plus on the other point is there seems no way to actually get from 4.0 to 4.3.4a. Everyone else has apparantly done some kind of magical step that I am missing ehre. I can either play with version 3.4 or I have to skip to 5.3 Mists of pandora.

I tried this skyfire patcher thing but it doesnt seem to work. I put it in the main wow folder and it just gives me an error saying the .exe isnt compatible.

Im using Windows 7. I found some site that hosts patch downloads but the patches wont download correction, after about 138 / 634mb the download automatically completes itself and becomes corrupted. Is there seriously some site i have to go to and download some special hacked version of WoW or am I supposed to download it form the Main Wow website? I'm really lost on just where you get the Wow client from. Sorry for not being so great at this.
I've had a problem with the .exe the first time I downloaded the torrent as well, however upon downloading it a second time, it worked like a charm. Some problems are weird like that.

I'd say is give the torrent download another shot and see what becomes of it. If the download still doesn't work, try coming back with the error message it gives you.

Patches aren't really ideal anymore with the changes blizzard made to the client imo.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
^ This.

The torrent linked above is a complete client folder and requires no installation. Merely drag and drop it where you wish to store it, change your realm list and create a desktop shortcut to the exe.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
If you get a error after that aswell..The folder may be "read-only".
Ok I am starting up the torrent download again for the 4.3.4 (no install) file. Ill see if it ends up workinkg this time around. Thanks for the replys and hopefully it will work finally ^_^
Just a quick update, I redownloaded the complete folder and replaced the realmlist.wtf file and all seems to be working. I actually was able to login on the server now. I guess the first time I tried the .exe was corrupted somehow. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Cataclysm 4.3.4a Telekinellican 27 8,711 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Stealthscout
  Anski Needs Help: Installing Cataclysm Anski 7 1,633 05-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Connecting and Installing WoW Rythorne 20 3,101 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Lost profile Aerikan 3 1,090 09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Delta
  Trouble installing the patches Vladdy 3 1,013 08-21-2011, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Spiky