The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Do you like the general idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
100.00%
8 100.00%
No.
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Attention Citizens of Azeroth!
Introduction
Welcome all! Humans, Gnomes, Orcs, Elves...

Do you love the scent of news fresh out of the oven? Are you always wondering what is happening in Azeroth? Do you sometimes feel that things happen too fast to keep track of? Well, if you answered yes to any one of these questions, then I welcome you with open arms to this post.

The Idea
Yesterday while busy role playing, an idea struck me: What if CotH had an IC newspaper on events that happened during the month? After hours of thinking and doing research, I finally got enough information to come up with the general idea.

The general idea is to create a newspaper on the server about events that happened in-game, and then posting it on the forums. For the time being the idea is to publish one once a month (or twice a month, depending on the strength of the team). The reason for this is that I don't want to litter the forums.

The newspaper will include things like recent events (The Midsummer Festival, for example), gossip, a space for the citizens of Azeroth to give their meanings on a topic, discoveries, etc.

The Team
The newspaper team will consist out of three groups:

(Guild Master Rank)
The Chief Editor, who is responsible for proof-reading all articles received from editors, putting the final newspaper together, handling any complaints or questions and takes responsibility for any resulting issues that may occur.

(Officer Rank)
The Editors, whose responsibilities include assigning topics and stories to reporters and see the finished articles from the reporters, proof-reading it and making corrections and suggestions to improve the article, which in turn leads to better readability of the article.

(Member Rank)
The Reporters, who are those that conducts interviews, observes events and ultimately write an article on the topic, which are in turn given to an Editor with a photograph of the event.

Requirements
To avoid any trouble with split responsibilities, those joining the team will need to have a character that is not part of another guild. You are not expected to be a master writer, either. I'm sure everyone will learn from the experience and increase their skill one way or another.

Conclusion
The newspaper is only as strong as its team, and therefore if everyone give their hand in helping the cause, it could surely make it something enjoyable and successful.

If you like the idea, feel free to leave a comment. If you don't like it, criticism is also welcome.

Due to a slip somewhere, the whole post turned out to be red somehow.

Xigo: Fixed what I could.

We've got this thread here.

I've seen this attempted a few times and more often than not it falls through due to either a loss of interset or lack of membership. The thread linked above is where people kinda post their own 'news' when they feel it's relevant/something others might know. I think a 'published' paper might be fun, thought it depends on execution and what plans are in place to report on major events that happen.

I do question however why it would be restricted to grunts and not allowing Peons in on the fun.
Thank you for the feedback, Reigen.

Why I am only allowing grunts and higher is mainly because grunts already have an approved profile character, which I can use as a reference to the person's style of writing. The other reason is only because it makes me feel more comfortable this way.

Anyone will be allowed to make contributions to the newspaper, should it be brought on its feet, however. The peons will just not be officially allowed on the team. I can, however, create another rank for peons, should I see that there is an interest among them to join.

I've wanted to partake a player newspaper company in the past, and I still do now. If you allow trolls in the company, I can possibly join!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Fortunately the team will be open to any race and class, as it will be a newspaper for both Allience and Horde. I just hope the troll is the playable race, and not the type of person!Crazy

No, he's a player character. Been wanting to RP him for a long time, but when the previous newspaper plan was dropped, so was the character. He's somewhat inspired my Mar'lee from the "Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork" video :)

[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I like the part of the murlock!

And the troll also seems to be a possible good inspiration for a reporter! I'd love to see him in action.

I love the idea.
Use Goblins for the reporters! It would be great.
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
I've been thinking about Reigen's comment and decided to allow peons, should they wish to join. The post has been edited.

Sounds pretty cool, I'd join if it becomes a thing.
Up until now there seems to be an interest in the idea of the guild, with 6 yes votes and 0 no votes.
I would love to see more people's thoughts on the idea, however. Like Reigen posted, the idea have been attempted before, so every bit of criticism will help to improve it.

Lots of small things make up a big thing in the end, so removing those problems that you think might be silly actually will help a lot in the end.

If the interest in the idea satisfies me, I will make the official guild post. This thread is only for interest check. =)

I remember that Pharoah tried to do one of these. It may still be up somewhere in the IC forum.
It might be the link Reigen posted earlier in this thread.

(06-26-2013, 11:15 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I remember that Pharoah tried to do one of these. It may still be up somewhere in the IC forum.

I suggest giving this a read!

The above was written by the lovely @Rosencrat back when a couple of newspaper guilds were in the work. It offers a lot of know-how on writing articles so it's worth looking into for all members. I keep it bookmarked as it's helped me a few times in writing papers, so it's just a handy thing all around.

Another bit of advice I offer is to keep an eye on the Event Planning forum and PMing a DM ahead of time to see if they would allow a reporter to attend, conduct interviews and publish an article about it. Get all the permissions done ahead of time so nothing hiccups during the event. I also suggest looking at the Storyline section for anything that might be fun to get an inside view on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Azeroth Postal Service BeepBoop 2 1,091 08-10-2013, 04:28 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Gladiators of Azeroth Katava 0 671 03-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Katava
  Azeroth Wild Riders [Open, Crime Guild] Bingles 10 1,950 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  The Alliance of Azeroth Evaszion 6 1,441 10-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Evaszion
  Act For Azeroth Traid 16 3,204 08-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Roxas65