The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grakor Character Connections
So, in the random case that you want a character that is related to one of mine? I have positions open! I have a more generic "RP partners" thread in my blog, but I figured I'd have a thread here for more specific character ideas if you're looking for character ideas with some guidance. Hopefully something here will interest someone out there!

Most of my characters are orcs, with a human and a worgen mixed in. I have a troll that I haven't played yet since Cata and a tauren I plan on making sometime, but I won't add those two until I get them both made and more settled. Any potential "love interests" would have to be male (and yes, all of the characters here are male as well.)

Without further ado:

---

For Grakor: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Grakor
In short - Grakor is a little loopy, but kind-hearted spirit walker. A good use of your Grakor is coming to him for advice or getting him to chip in with some spiritual guidance.

- Grakor is supposed to be a fairly wise spirit walker type. He's young, still in his 20's, but he knows enough about his craft to be able to teach others. Anyone wanting to get started on shamanistic training, or getting sent on spiritual quests, would be welcome.

- He's without a love interest, to note.

---

For Balgarn: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Balgarn
In short - Balgarn is by far my character that has the hardest time getting RP. He's a DK that thinks like a soldier, but also a scholar. For now, he's mostly wandering the world, filling in maps. A good use of your Balgarn is if you want a buddy that's a bit hard to unravel.

- Balgarn's backstory mentions a fellow grunt that he sacrificed his life to save, before he became a death knight. I may have named him at some point, but I've long since forgotten. Balgarn never saw him again after that incident, so it's up to you whether he's alive or undead, and why he never contacted Balgarn again. Only real requirements are that he's male and some sort of fighting class. Was, or could still be, an Earthshaker.

- For that matter, Balgarn's family. He has parents and the possibility of siblings, all of which he's avoided talking to because of DK-shame. The only requirement here is that they would have to be Thunderlord clan.

---

For Thragash: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Thragash
In short: by far my most popular character, Thragash is jovial, strong, and fun-loving. A good use of your Thragash is if you want an endlessly cheerful buddy to bro around with.

- Thragash has parents, as well as the possibility of siblings. He lost track of his parents after being freed form the camps, so if they're both alive or what they've been doing is up in the air. The only real requirements here is that they would have to be Shattered Hand clan and the internment camp they were in is Hammerfall.

- For a more antagonistic role: Thragash has claustrophobia due to a human trying to bury him alive as a kid, during his stay in the camps. If someone wants to play this human, either without regrets or with guilt over the act, it would be interesting (and traumatizing) for him to run into said character again. Would need to be human, and stationed at Hammerfall at one point in time. The exact reasons for said event can be discussed if necessary.

- Thragash currently doesn't have a love interest.

---

For Surthak: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Surthak
In short: Surthak is an idealistic and intellectual warlock who follows his path out of a desire to do good. A good use of your Surthak is if you want an unusually well-read orc to give some exposition or to help on his way.

- Surthak still has no mentor to teach him the warlock arts. He knows a bit, but could use a teacher. Would need to be Horde and not overtly evil: Surthak won't be impressed by mustache-twirlers, and he himself is a good guy.

- Surthak has a mother. The backstory here is that Surthak's father is dead, a grunt and leatherworker that died at Hyjal. When Surthak took up the warlock's path, his mother practically disowned him. She'd know that he is one, and closed off communication with him. Whether she keeps to this, comes around, or what, that's up to you. Only requirement is that she married a Warsong grunt.

---

For Dorgoth: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Dorgoth
In short: Dorgoth is a young punk of an orc who has a chip on his shoulder. He's not bad, persay, but his hatred of Alliance borders on the irrational, and he has a lot of growing up and maturing to do...all the while he'll be learning some responsibility once he gets his rather unusual pet. A good use of your Dorgoth is if you want a Garrosh-loyalist to buddy with, or one to teach a few lessons to.

- Dorgoth will apparently be related to Murkthralog ( http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Murkthralog ) as a nephew, so some of his family is decided. However, it's probably possible to have more, but you might need to inquire with Thoradin as well.

- Dorgoth is also without a love interest, but has a profile up on the TLE boards.

---

For Gunnar: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Gunnar
In short: Muscle-bound, bear of a paladin. Gunnar is a knight-in-shining-armor type that is overly polite to everyone he sees. He's also married to an orc, and keeps this a secret. A good use of your Gunnar is if you want a guy who wants to be heroic as your friend, though he isn't so in-your-face with his noble-brightness.

- Gunnar has a mother and a father! Though they ran away from him. Gunnar was left on the steps of a church, and the potential story I was running with was that he was an unwanted child. Perhaps one day his mother will come looking for him?

---

For Ulfarr: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Ulfarr
In short: Bastard of a minor noble house that decided to strike off on his own. A good use of your Ulfarr is if you want to try to get past the prickly defenses of a man with so much snark, if he and Annabelle got in the same room the world would implode.

- Ulfarr's noble family is possible. They're all Gilnean, of course. He may have an undefined number of half-siblings. That sort of thing. Ulfarr's father is established (a Stormwind officer named Barret, one of Rigley's characters) and so he's a bastard as a result of indiscretions from his mother.

More to come as I think of them!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
It can be possible if Ulfarr happens to be one of Willelm's bastard children if you're looking for a Gilnean noble house, though sadly, I doubt anyone would like to RP another Salsborough. It'd also be interesting because Willelm does not tolerate snark.

Surthak makes me want to try re-rolling my second orc warlock (Rets'nis, if you remember him).
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
We might get something interesting outta having Grakor meet my budding Spirit Champion Thrak - I believe Grakor would be more accustomed to being talked to by spirits. :P
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Uh, I've been thinking of rolling an old Orc guy that participated in the first two Wars. He's more Chaotic Neutral than anything, and he'd have bouts of anger where he'd definitely go a bit more evil and threatening, so he'd probably take Sur'thak as an apprentice to try to keep himself in line. I may have a profile for the guy up, but if you want more info, then just PM me. I'll probably be on Bulin, and I'm usually on the forums.
Remember when we said we were going to have Gunnar and my paladin be related but never got around to RPing it? Well, better late than never, right? ;) If you're still up for it.
(07-01-2013, 11:49 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: It can be possible if Ulfarr happens to be one of Willelm's bastard children if you're looking for a Gilnean noble house, though sadly, I doubt anyone would like to RP another Salsborough. It'd also be interesting because Willelm does not tolerate snark.

Surthak makes me want to try re-rolling my second orc warlock (Rets'nis, if you remember him).

Ulfarr's family story is sort of set to a certain degree. His real father is Rigley's character Barret, so he's a bastard as a result of indiscretions of his mother. I don't know if that could be worked in at all, but I should probably note that.

(07-02-2013, 03:04 AM)Rowgen Wrote: We might get something interesting outta having Grakor meet my budding Spirit Champion Thrak - I believe Grakor would be more accustomed to being talked to by spirits. :P

Sure!

(07-02-2013, 09:26 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: Uh, I've been thinking of rolling an old Orc guy that participated in the first two Wars. He's more Chaotic Neutral than anything, and he'd have bouts of anger where he'd definitely go a bit more evil and threatening, so he'd probably take Sur'thak as an apprentice to try to keep himself in line. I may have a profile for the guy up, but if you want more info, then just PM me. I'll probably be on Bulin, and I'm usually on the forums.

It seems that a lot of people are interested in meeting Surthak! We'll see how it goes, though apparently you've some competition there, haha.

(07-02-2013, 10:13 AM)Dilly Wrote: Remember when we said we were going to have Gunnar and my paladin be related but never got around to RPing it? Well, better late than never, right? ;) If you're still up for it.

This will be tricky. I did realize, after the fact, that Gunnar's family story is going to be a bit odd. He is, after all, an abandoned kid and thus doesn't know his parents. So most of his "family" would actually be from the church he was raised in, unless he was left abandoned with another kid at the same time.

I'll remove the note of him potentially having a brother. But if you think we could work something out there, we can try.
Not a problem, Grak! Just thought I'd throw it out there, didn't know you had plans for Ulfarr already! But Willie will still slap Ulfarr :|

As for Surthak, I may or may not bring back Rets'nis. We'll see.
Hm. You have my interest.

/ponder
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
/peeks in
/looks around

Believe it or not, I've some suggestions to make here. Scary notion, isn't it?

Quote:For Grakor: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Grakor
In short - Grakor is a little loopy, but kind-hearted spirit walker. A good use of your Grakor is coming to him for advice or getting him to chip in with some spiritual guidance.

Hey, remember Madugo, my hippie shaman troll dude? Could totally be buddies, perhaps dating back to the founding of Durotar. That said, Madugo's personality may be totally rewritten to make him more of a FOR DA HORDE battleshaman, but that's ultimately to be seen.

There's also Gantrithor, if the situation presents itself. Budding spiritualist in his own regard who despite his handful of orc friends still finds himself at odds with the Horde. Can make for a good rivalry... maybe. Up to you! More privvy to Madugo here myself.

Quote:For Balgarn: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Balgarn
In short - Balgarn is by far my character that has the hardest time getting RP. He's a DK that thinks like a soldier, but also a scholar. For now, he's mostly wandering the world, filling in maps. A good use of your Balgarn is if you want a buddy that's a bit hard to unravel.

Again, Madugo. Madugo was always meant to be a troll who was very friendly with the orcs, a true play up of their racial brotherhood, so I'm open for any orc to be an old friend of the guy when I get to rewriting him.

There's also Du'guro- he hates orcs, but was a soldier himself who helped tame Kalimdor. Perhaps they were battle partners with animosity between them? Du'guro also finds undead abhorrent and unnatural, so there can be even more tension there. Unlike Madugo, Du'guro's character is pretty solid even today.

Quote:For Thragash: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Thragash
In short: by far my most popular character, Thragash is jovial, strong, and fun-loving. A good use of your Thragash is if you want an endlessly cheerful buddy to bro around with.

Token mention of Madugo aside, I enjoyed Thragash's RPs with Maeia. I would like to see them meet again and challenge Maeia's old biases against the Horde.

Quote:For Surthak: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Surthak
In short: Surthak is an idealistic and intellectual warlock who follows his path out of a desire to do good. A good use of your Surthak is if you want an unusually well-read orc to give some exposition or to help on his way.

You're gonna smack me for this, buuuuut-
Quote:- Surthak still has no mentor to teach him the warlock arts. He knows a bit, but could use a teacher. Would need to be Horde and not overtly evil: Surthak won't be impressed by mustache-twirlers, and he himself is a good guy.

You know who would do good here? Balshar. Yes, a blood elf. Balshar however completely fits that description you need: he's Horde (technically), and as far removed from evil as can be. He abhors the Legion and only follows the Blood Mage path because it specifically -destroys- demons. He finds mustache twirlers to be buffoons setting up their own demise. So yeah. :|

Quote:For Gunnar: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Gunnar
In short: Muscle-bound, bear of a paladin. Gunnar is a knight-in-shining-armor type that is overly polite to everyone he sees. He's also married to an orc, and keeps this a secret. A good use of your Gunnar is if you want a guy who wants to be heroic as your friend, though he isn't so in-your-face with his noble-brightness.

- Gunnar has a mother and a father! Though they ran away from him. Gunnar was left on the steps of a church, and the potential story I was running with was that he was an unwanted child. Perhaps one day his mother will come looking for him?

Could be good for Order of Virtue! I kid you not. Cristovao's RPed with Gunnar before, and he's a friendly approachable guy to boot, and I need to encourage more social friendly RP between the do-gooders. Also, he could help with finding Gunnar's parents, he knows the pain of losing a mother and father :|

Quote:For Ulfarr: http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Ulfarr
In short: Bastard of a minor noble house that decided to strike off on his own. A good use of your Ulfarr is if you want to try to get past the prickly defenses of a man with so much snark, if he and Annabelle got in the same room the world would implode.

Cristovao is good for antagonism (as he doesn't like Gilneans too much and Ulfarr is abrasive enough to make that -show-), which could lead to him overcoming his biases, or whatever. I also have a Gilnean low class thug who would either bond well with Ulfarr or hate his guts, Ferdinand.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Alright. Since I'm back on the server, at least a bit, I've updated this post a bit.

One of the things I struggle with, when trying to keep consistently active on CotH, is that my orcs pretty much never make solid relationships with others. When they do, I tend to stick around: Balgarn's romance with Gurvok kept me about for a long while, until their story arc "completed" in a sense. I'd like to see more opportunities for close connections and all.
The only fitting character I have is Sapna, the orc Spirit Walker I bothered you slightly to help me figure out. I'm not sure who she could meet with. Grakor is another Spirit Walker, so that would obviously be an easy answer. However, really any characters could likely at least meet and see how it works out.
Grakor Wrote:He's without a love interest, to note.

QQ

Besides Rets'nis, you know I have Mahen'tosh, though given Dorgoth (a Bleeding Hollow) already has family, that idea can either be worked out or just shot down altogether, dunno.

Although....

Grakor Wrote:- For a more antagonistic role: Thragash has claustrophobia due to a human trying to bury him alive as a kid, during his stay in the camps. If someone wants to play this human, either without regrets or with guilt over the act, it would be interesting (and traumatizing) for him to run into said character again. Would need to be human, and stationed at Hammerfall at one point in time. The exact reasons for said event can be discussed if necessary.

I am SOOOO tempted to tweak Elsamina's history just for this :||||
That four month old post I made still holds water! Especially once I get around to retooling Madugo, I reaaaally want him to have some orc friends :V
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fanduh dath belore!- Soae Connections Nightharrow 5 1,041 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Nightharrow
  Family connections DaveM 2 739 03-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Last Post: McKnighter
  Grakor is looking for RP partners, post-restart edition! Grakor456 30 4,628 12-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Mezrin
  Connections to a Forsaken Assassin/Philosopher Aerikan 3 822 02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Last Post: muhaha8