The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Player Blogs
Hello everyone,

This is a simple one. What I think would be a nice addition to the forums is an on-site section for player blogs of some sort - kind of like what we had back on the old website, except forum based. I don't mean subforums like what the staff has, as that would clearly be too much hassle, but maybe a place where each player could have their own scrapbook-type thread - if there's interest, of course.

... Just throwing this out there. Tongue
That does sound like a good idea, in my opinion!

Unrelatedly, I want my subforum-blog. Angry
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I support this idea!
I'd rant and post forever.
I wish I could like more than once.

...Not like I haven't already tried my own "Blogs", but hey!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I would absolutely love this idea, just to have a thread where someone can just....post. Let out whatever's on the mind, or whatever there is to talk about. Fantastic idea. I support it 100%.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Hnggh. As long as they don't get annoying. Maybe have it only accessible via someone's profile.
Brb, bumping all my blog topics so all McKNighter sees is my name in the recent post section.
/harrumphs.

Blogs ain't necessary!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(07-19-2013, 11:51 AM)Xigo Wrote: /harrumphs.

Blogs ain't necessary!

Neither are likes.

Edit: Or forum money. Or Profile comments. Or links to our external websites.

:B

Lot's of stuff that are fun aren't neccisary.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I wouldn't use it myself, but if it can be done without causing a work overflow for the GM's whenever a new blog is put up (as I do believe some moderation would be for the best of everyone) then sure, why not? Problem I have with blogs is that it can create a tremendous amount of discussion on subjects, causing people to so strongly disagree with another on opinions that it drives the community apart. (Despite sometimes unintended.)

So, while I do think blogs can be an alright addition to the forums, I do believe some moderation is required so the blogs posted are indeed people expressing their thoughts and ideas out in a constructive manner, instead of rants/referrals to previous events/you'll never believe what just happened /rage' posts. Granted, those will always pop up, but by allowing everyone their own neat corner to write and share all their thoughts out in, it may just happen more/frequently. I always felt the idea of a blog was to write about what you want, your own little corner on the web to share whatever you want, and that can be either good or bad.

That's just my opinion, if the blogs are regulated/read for any possible sassy remarks before they become publicly visible (or some other form of moderation is implemented), then I'm all good with it. Possibly a new forum "Player Blogs" where folks can put up a thread with their name in it, and then just post in that. (Though that may get messy when others start commenting. Should be easy to do with forum tools as well, just require posts/threads GM/FH approval before being put up.)
(07-19-2013, 11:50 AM)Reigen Wrote: Brb, bumping all my blog topics so all McKNighter sees is my name in the recent post section.

[Image: scowlingobama.banner.reuters.jpg.jpg]

But I would get annoyed if I had these pop ups every five mins from one person updating their status about all sorts of things. I don't like that. :( but I'm just a grumpy butt.
These would be blogs McKnighter, not facebook.

Also, Psychyn! What Dilly is suggesting is one subforum where each player can make -one- topic in there and make that their blog, we're not talking about every player getting their own subforum like the GMs do. It would be one topic with multiple replies from the player in question.
Quote:Also, Psychyn! What Dilly is suggesting is one subforum where each player can make -one- topic in there and make that their blog, we're not talking about every player getting their own subforum like the GMs do. It would be one topic with multiple replies from the player in question.

That's.. What I said myself, unless my mind broke and I ended up failing horribly at writing it. It is what I meant to agree to at least.

Quote:Possibly a new forum "Player Blogs" where folks can put up a thread with their name in it, and then just post in that.
I like to set up topics of thoughtful discussion in the OOC forum sometimes, and could totally move those and run a little blog out of it.

It's a good idea, although I don't know how it'd be set up.
[Image: anim_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No player housing Nephuria 24 3,580 12-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Rigley