The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clarifications on the Guard/NPC Policy
So there's apparently some confusion, even among the GMs, on how the guard policy is supposed to work, especially when players call on GMs to puppet a guard for them. The response that I gave today, which is the response that I generally always give, surprised some people, so I want some awareness on how this is supposed to work. Generally speaking.

So, situation comes up: Character A starts throwing punches at Character B in the middle of Stormwind. What do?

Communicate. First, the two players involved in this should discuss the possibility of guards interfering in the RP. Note that depending on location and context, guards may not interfere at all. Fist-fights in taverns happen all the time, after all. Of course, having weapons out changes the context entirely, as does having the brawl turn into a large, crowded affair. So, first step is to determine if agreement can or can't be reached on how these things would resolve themselves. The next step depends on how this works:

If agreement can't be reached - Contact a GM to help mediate the issue. If a GM is not available, then try to find some peaceful way to resolve the issue, be it a sudden separation or a compromise. If a GM mediates, listen and work with the GM's decision. This may, or may not, actually involve the puppeting of guards.

If agreement is reached that the guards would not interfere - You're gold. Carry on until circumstances change that would cause them to interfere.

If agreement is reached that the guards would interfere - Try to decide on how that reaction would occur. There is a belief that PCs shouldn't "puppet" guards, but this is a little incorrect. If PCs can agree that "yes, the guards would break up this fight" then you can presume their actions and RP accordingly. "Character A gets ready to throw another punch, but is suddenly dragged back as a Stormwind guard comes in to break up the fight" is a perfectly fine emote to make.

Again, most problems *should* be resolvable by the players involved in the scuffle. GMs come in when disagreements prevent that from happening.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(07-07-2013, 10:40 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: Again, most problems *should* be resolvable by the players involved in the scuffle. GMs come in when disagreements prevent that from happening.

Even if the players are cordially and civilly capable of handling things, is it alright if the greatest guard who has ever lived intervenes anyways?

[Image: 182px-Stormwind_Royal_Guard.jpg]
(07-07-2013, 02:46 PM)LostStranger Wrote:
(07-07-2013, 10:40 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: Again, most problems *should* be resolvable by the players involved in the scuffle. GMs come in when disagreements prevent that from happening.

Even if the players are cordially and civilly capable of untangling a predicament, is it alright if the greatest guard who has ever lived intervene anyways?

[Image: 182px-Stormwind_Royal_Guard.jpg]

..my god yes. -That- guard, anytime, anywhere..
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lho5ae3Fu31qe94fqo1_400.gif]
He will find you, Clovis Bria---Tavren Black!
(07-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Loxmardin Wrote: He will find you, Clovis Bria---Tavren Black!

Clovis and Tavren Briarthorn are innocent men, twin brothers beset by suicidal assassins and vile warlocks at all sides.

This noble champion of justice has fought long and hard to protect the law-abiding citizens of His Majesty's nation, and he's ready for more. He's fought murlocs tougher than them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grakor Grumbles: Sexual RP Policy Grakor456 112 18,735 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Nymus