The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Legend Begins...
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Oh, hello. Didn't see you there for a moment. Let me be the first to introduce you to myself, Bleak_Omen. As a roleplayer I've been familiar to the WoW private roleplay scene for a few years; I made my start on Archaic WoW which saw its eventual fall from grace during my time as an active player. Eventually, I returned to roleplay on Warcraft 3 because it provided, much like private servers do, a platform to roleplay anything you desire, freely. What I truly enjoy about private server roleplay is what I mentioned before: freedom, creativity, and a vast expanse of ideas being put to good use.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
My primary language is English, and I hail from 'Murica. (<-- Check out that hyperlink for a laugh)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft or World of Warcraft? Let me reminisce... I was introduced to a vast variety of Blizzard Entertainment games at a young age when I watched my older brothers play Starcraft, Diablo, and Warcraft 2. On Christmas Eve 2003, my grandparents bought my brothers and I a copy of Warcraft 3 and I've been playing it online ever since. When World of Warcraft was finally released, I jumped at the opportunity to continuously immerse myself in the world of Azeroth.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I've been aware of CotH's existence as a server for years, and truthfully never saw interest until a few friends from Warcraft 3 told me to give it a try. And why not? CotH is still among one of the most populated WoW Private RP servers and has lasted the test of time, you guys have to be doing something right.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Personally, my favorite roleplaying experiences on private servers come from event roleplay. When a group of players come together for an event there is a progression of not only an overarching story, but of each character's personal story. Furthermore, event roleplay can help engrave the memories of a server into the minds of everyone who plays it. When you look back on roleplaying experiences don't you always remember the time when everyone went to location -X- and did -Y-? I do.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human magi are my favorite race and class combination for a multitude of reasons. First and foremost, humans are the most versatile of any race in Warcraft, fact. The various backgrounds you can apply to a human are so diverse compared to any race that it really leaves the window open for many possibilities.

Additionally, magi are my favorite class because magic in the world of Azeroth truly has no bounds. The use and manipulation of arcane energy has led to the rise and fall of many of the world's fabled heroes and villains. Overall, the mage class offers a wealth of options to explore when creating a character.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have no expectations, I'm going to jump into the server and see what it has to offer. Expectations can conjure false images and persuade an opinion, when I roleplay on this server I want to base the quality of my experience for what it is, not on a preconceived notion.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
No specific rule titled in the Wiki caught my attention as much as the "no drama" policy. Although not explicitly titled, there is a clear presence citing -against- any form of drama. I admire that because in all actuality drama led to a significant amount of problems that led to the undoing of previous roleplay servers I've been a part of.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became a pri-...

Ehm... perhaps you've already heard that one.

Perched atop a bluff a man scanned the river valley and the horizon beyond. The skies were clear, not a cloud to be seen as the east bled a scarlet red at the aurora of daybreak. It was quiet. No birds were chirping, nor a rooster crowing as the sun broke the plane of day and began its ascent above the distant snow caps. The radiance of a tranquil day filled the air, however, the slight tilt of the man's head yielded a different onset of emotions. The fields below were riddled black with the plated armor of a few thousand souls. As the horns of war were blown and the marching began, an invigorating adrenaline filled the body of the man. His blood pulsated as each breath felt as if he was born anew, while each step made him queasy with fear. Alas, the charge began and the calm before the storm had concluded; battle had begun.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My only current inquiry would be if there is a server wide currency that is employed?

Looking forward to seeing you all.
Hello there, BleakOmen! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

I love how you've written your introduction! Very amusing to read! To answer your question, there is no established currency in the game. We "wing it" a lot and assume monetary values based on what we see in the game and based on a bit of fanon and imagination and... what seems to be appropriate at the time! It's very vague, and not really a big part of the RP.

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So it begins (my final resting placefor safe RP?) wolven 1 590 04-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Last Post: sasail